Introduce Yourself... | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Introduce Yourself...

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by rob lay, Aug 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imported_10boom

Sep 19, 2006
    Nicole is a hard charger, I've met her several times while she was in the F-15 world.

2. WSBURGOS

WSBURGOS Rookie

Dec 12, 2007
    Hello name is William Burgos. I am a U.S. Marine and recieved my Private Pilot certificte back in september of 07. I started being around aircraft as a young kid my father has been an aircraft mechanic since he was 19. I enjoy it immensly and when I retire in 9 more years from the Marine Corps I plan to take on a second carrer in the aviation community.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    great, welcome William!

4. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    Welcome - Let us know what areas you are thinking about. Nine years gives you a good bit of time to make some strides so you can be ready to rock and roll when the time comes. Are you mechanically inclined as well?

Good Luck!

5. Backwoodsman Pilot

Jan 25, 2008
    Hello everyone,

I began flying in 1987 at Myrtle Beach AFB aero club. I trained in a C-172($44.00/hour with instructor). I ran out of funds which was easy to do on an airman's pay, even with those low rates. :)

I have wanted to finish my training and get my license for a long time now. I've been thinking about training in a conventional gear aircraft.

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself and say "hello". I'm in Georgia in the Atlanta area.

6. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Welcome aboard! There are many nice people on this site and I hope that you can get all the info that you need. I'm sure that you will get some that you don't need but that's the fun of this place.
    Switches

7. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Hi everyone. I'll be taking my first flight lesson on the 9th.

8. Skyraider

Skyraider Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    Hi Aaya,
    And welcome aboard, also. Sit back, and fasten your seatbelt!
    ( as you will learn, that as a pilot, it's the first thing you'll do
    upon getting seated in an airplane)

Wow! First lesson eh! What a wonderful new experience!
    Be sure to keep us informed as to your progress. (Mentored students, fare far better) and we'll be here to help answer any questions you may have.

You may now start your engine.....

Good Luck!

Charlie

9. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    Welcome to all you new guys - and best of luck with the training! Been kinda busy lately. Catch up with you in about three weeks.

10. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Thanks for the welcome. I'll let you know how it goes and I'll try to get some videos up on youtube.

11. exclusive29

exclusive29 Rookie

Jan 18, 2008
    Hi guys
    m Nishant Choudhry and am here in Miami,FL currently to get my PPL first and then instrument rating and finally get my CPL from Dean International through Pa Nam..am originally from India..
    Hope to stay in touch with everyone...
    Peace

12. WSBURGOS

WSBURGOS Rookie

Dec 12, 2007
    Hello my name is Sam and I am a new Private Pilot. I currently have a total of 65 hours. I am currently deployed to Iraq and will be returning home soon and looking forward to building some more flight hours. I am also thinking about buying a small piper or cessna.

13. Skyraider

Skyraider Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005

Hello Sam,

First let me say Thank You , for your Service!
    You young people, are doing such a Great Job over there!!!

As a returning Serviceman, you can join Civil Air Patrol, and since you have your PPL in hand, you can get further flight trainng at for just the cost of the aircraft rental! Yes, That's IR, Comm, CFI, and further!! It's also a great way to build hours.

I know, because even as old as I am, I'm doing it.
    I served US Army Engineers '63- '65.

Charlie

14. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    #264 McLaren_boy, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey guys,

I'm a transplant from FChat, and I joined this site right after it was opened. I became busy and sort of forgot about the site until I saw an email, so I decided to finally post.

I'm an airline pilot flying an ATR-72. I graduated in May of last year and was hired in August. Before this job I was instructing. It's a pretty darn cool job and flying the ATR is great fun.

Random ATR pic:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Michiel

Michiel Formula 3

Apr 15, 2008
    Amsterdam, NL
    Full Name:
    Michiel
    #265 Michiel, Sep 5, 2008
    As I notice I am not the only one with a Ferrari and plane addiction. About me; got my (JAA) ATPL in 2000 and started flying Fokker 60's (only 4 of them in the world) for the Netherlands Air Force. After 4 years changed the green for the blue of KLM where I fly the Fokker 50 (civil version of the Fokker 60) as a captain and linetrainer. Still saving money to buy a Ferrari or plane, one day.........

Nice to chat with some fellow Ferrari/plane addicts!

16. csiman

csiman Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    Up North.
    Full Name:
    Adam

That second picture is stunning.

17. PittsS2APilot

PittsS2APilot Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2007
    Gulfport MS
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #267 PittsS2APilot, Sep 6, 2008
    Hi Guys, I don't know how I've missed this thread? I've been in Fchat for about a year. Bought my 308GTBi last November and having a blast. I'm a retired cop after spending 25.5 years pounding the pavement. Retired as a Captain and C.A.O. position. Got my PPL back in 1992. Built on a BD-5 for 3 years then decided I wanted to fly and not spend every free minute and extra $ on that damn plane. lol I then bought a Pitts S1C. It was a little bundle of dynamite with a stick and rudder and I had a blast. Five years ago I wanted something with 2 seats so I moved up to the Pitts S2A. I don't perform but I have a blast in it and of course "smoke on"! There's nothing like pulling g's or going 200mph upside down to clear your head. I'm a lucky guy who gets to drive a Ferrari to the hanger, get in an aerobtic airplane for a few hours of fun. "What a country"! Fly safe.. Joe

18. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #268 thecarreaper, Sep 9, 2008
    i thought i would chime in. i have been with General Dynamics for almost 11 years as an A&P Senior Technician in the Service Center. i am working on my I.A. rating, and have completed a CATIA V5 Design Program with 500+ hours of formal computer design training.

I have graduated from Flight Safety Internationals Gulfstream G450 school, and have Simulator time with GIV, GV and G450 as a Technician. I do heavy aircraft modifications and maintenance, from standard CMP , to removal and installation of wings, nose sections, horizontal and vertical stab's.

i have a Security Clearance and have extensive Government, Military and Special Missions Experience ( specific NDA's apply ). Lately i have been working with both QC and Engineering assisting with FAA, EASA, CAA (Chinese Air Authority) and other Countries Governing departments on Export Conformity and Compliance. I have extensive Gulfstream GII and GIII experience, and have had the pleasure of seeing these older aircraft still in service stay maintained to the highest standards as they are selling more and more to Asian and Middle Eastern customers.

the new G650 is going to shatter the old standards, and our other new products will shape the next 50 years of Aviation as Quiet Supersonic is perfected.

i am a gearhead, and an egg head, all at the same time, and i look forward to reading and learning about Pilot training. :)

FORZA.

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Welcome Michael!
    Good to see you over here. I spent a lot of time here when Rob first started this site but as time went on I became distracted with other things, mainly due to the fact that I am not a pilot and not totally immersed in the community, even though I help build them everyday.

Now that Avchat is here on Fchat I think I will be visiting more. You'll find Sparky and SNJ5 over here as well.

20. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    :) always nice to kick back in a "new" place with friends!

21. saleenfan

saleenfan Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    No Where
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    My name is Danny and I am a prophead....

I am currently attending the University of North Dakota and have my CFI with my commercial, instrument and mulit ratings and almsot have my CFII . I just started instructing last month and Am hoping to graduate college and instruct full time in about 5 months and then eventually to the airlines. The current aircraft I am flying are brand spanking new C172sp with G1000, Piper warrior with Avidine flight max, as well as Piper Arrows (six pack). Building hours is the name of my game and they are steadily increasing.

22. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Didn't realize was a pilot section to F-chat. Have been pilot since 2000. Have a Piper Dakota that has been totally redone with current time of 1100 hrs air frame and engine. Have not flow in a little over yr however as lost my left leg @ being hit by a BMW in parking lot. Am hoping to get back in the air within next month if all finally goes well. Our airport community here in this little town is great and is located 2.5 miles form our house. The Modena is on occassion stored in my hanger, but since recently installed a lift in the garage will pursue garage improvements for storage and play. Pictures will be forthcoming!

Doc

23. CRUSING

CRUSING Karting

Oct 31, 2002
    Jupiter, FL
    Hey all. Glad to see all the pilots on this board.

Did a career change when I started flying in 2004 after moving to Florida. Got all the ratings and started instructing in January 05. Hired in Feb. 06 for a regional airline flying the CRJ 200. Then hired in Oct. 07 for an international airline flying the A320 series of aircraft. Furloughed in Sept. of 08 got the recall for December but declined. Moved back to Washington State and went back to my old career. The only problem was I gave up my beautiful 85 308 in the process of moving to Florida. Miss the flying but don't miss the hotels, little paychecks and whining pilots I flew with. Did fly with some great guys though. With a little luck I hope to back in the Ferrari ownership world once I pay off some debt accrued while climbing the ladder. God knows it will happen faster now than it would of if I was still flying!

24. Vmo

Vmo Rookie

Nov 8, 2008
    Hey everybody - I just joined F-chat but I'm glad to see a pilot's forum, as I'm much more familiar with things that fly in the air than on the ground....(I'm a career firefighter and a hopeful ferrari owner - but the former makes the latter a bit of a challenge :) ). I got my license in 99 and have been plying the sub-flight levels ever since as a very rewarding hobby. I'm Looking forward to getting to know everybody!

Billy Janke

25. Vmo

Vmo Rookie

Nov 8, 2008

Lol at that! I have a hard time seeing a Pitts driver climbing into a Camry for the ride home - just remember cars don't do snap rolls all that well :D