Buying a 360 | FerrariChat

Buying a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by drodg, Aug 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drodg

drodg Rookie

May 29, 2008
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Dave Rodgers
    After a few 911's I think in this next year I am going to purchase a 360. I am wanting some help as far as service etc. If I buy a 2000 or so car with 20K on it, that seems to be my price range, what should I be careful of ? What servicing is required and cost? Is there any real performance difference between a F1 car and a Six speed? I would have never considered a tiptronic in a 911 but there seems to be more F1's than six speeds in the 360 series. I am considering a coupe not a spyder. Thanks for everyones input.

2. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    F1 is a true manual trans. It's not a fake wanna be like the tiptronics and the auto sticks, which are really an auto trans with some extra buttons. The computer in the F1 does all the work of the clutch peddle for you and the clutch is engaged for only a split second. The F1 is the real deal it give better performance then the 3 peddle 6spd.

3. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    to each their own. As a guy who races cars with true dog boxes and paddle shifters, the 360 F1 isn't quite the same. Its much better than a SMG or tiptronic, but not smooth in transitions around turns, etc. Its faster than a clutch car in a stright line, but I doubt it around a race track...

As someone who is in your same shoes, here is what I have gathered.
    1. get a PPI done by someone who knows the cars.
    2. check how much clutch life you have left. F1s go through clutches faster that manual cars do generally
    3. when was the last belt service?

other than that, these cars seem pretty easy to maintain. The only other things I have seen consistantly on service bills is oil sending units and tie rods. Not sure why these seem to be replaced frequently. I assume the tie rod ends have a rubber boot that cracks because of proximity to brakes? dunno.

4. Camdon53

Camdon53 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jim
  5. drodg

drodg Rookie

May 29, 2008
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Dave Rodgers
    Well that is a start and I appreciate the info and the thread.