140kph in an 80 and nooooooo ticket! | FerrariChat

140kph in an 80 and nooooooo ticket!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 62 250 GTO, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Officer: "So do the rules of the road not apply to you!"
    Me: "I'm sorry, of course they apply to me"
    Officer: "140 in an 80 is total dis-regard for the safty limits that are in place to protect you."
    Me: "I know"
    Officer: "What's the rush?"
    Me: "I have been in the office all day and now I had to go get blank DVD's for a project my boss is working on and I really need the bathroom, I have colitis."
    Officer: "I have a friend who has colitis, don't leave yourself in that position again."
    Me: "Ok, thanks."

If he ran my license, I would be screwed. I just got out of getting slammed with 4 points, a $250 fine and the loss of my license. Maybe this will be enough to slow me down.
    O, and to make things worse the glare on my windshield was pretty bad and I blew by the "FULL SIZE PADDY WAGON" in broad daylight! I thought it was a courier van. lol
    What a dumb@ss! {Directed at me}

So it is possible to get out of 4 speeding tickets in 5 years! WooHoo!

2. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    You were fortunate... to say the least.

Did you lie to the officer? Because if you did that can come back to bite you.

What is that translated to MPH?

I prefer KPH to MPH because it looks like you are going faster, but I never remember how to convert it?

I wish it was legal to use a KPH speedo on a US car.

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Well, I didn't lie but I would have. MPH x 1.621 = kph
    So I was just a tick over 86 MPH.
    I'm so stupid! I was driving for the past 1 1/2 {I just had to get out of the office} and had hit the governer {sp.} 3 times already. It the car konked out at 180 kph {111 MPH}. There's no getting out of that.
    And don't b*tch at me, I was worse when I had faster cars. So I'm slowly turning into a normal person. One day I'll be there, just not today.

4. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    That is cool as long as you learned from it. I do not know if caught the story I posted on the "How to get out ticket" thread. Read it and you may feel better about blowing past the cop.

Tom told me that he would never do that again. He sold the bike right afterwards. It would be cool to see who bought the bike.

Police cars typical drive well below the limit, in my experience. And no one is daring enough to pass them.

My idea of pushing the envelope is to breeze past a cop at a tick below the limit, especially when the limit is about to rise. My friends think I am nuts, but it is legal and safe.

Nothing like going from a 35mph speed zone to a 65 mph while breezing past a cop. There are several spots near me where this is so.

It is just normal driving except there is a police officer present.

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I don't get scared and drop 10 kph below the limit like everyone else on the road. I actually try to pass them. On the highway I have enough gut to pass them at about 7 or 8 kph above the limit. I don't have the guts to hit 10 above and pass but if I do, I will surley post it. I don't have too much disrespect for the police but there is a little "go screw yourself and leave me alone" in me and I'm not sure why. If I ever need them, I'm positive they will answer the call and try to help out, so for the most part I try to stay out of their way. I don't believe in luck. But I have always been lucky, figure that one out.

6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I read a few post in that thread and it turned into a shouting match so I haven't been there since.

7. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I am not biting my thumb at the police, no I am biting my thumb at the jerks how driven 85 in a 65, but when a cop is around are scared to get a ticket so they crawl.

I have full respect for the law. Police officers are my friends.

8. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I'm so glad to read that others feel the same way about passing cops. I HATE when people will cringe behind a cruiser on the highway, even when it's not in the same lane. I mostly hate this because it gives many cops that feeling of control and power that they so crave, and I don't like giving them the satisfaction.

When I see a cop on the highway, I almost always hit the limit exactly and punch in cruise control, and I invariably pass them. My friend think I'm crazy, but to heck with 'em.

One of my favorite quotes from a friend:

"Just because you're scared doesn't mean I'm a bad driver."