Window tint / radar detector installers | FerrariChat

Window tint / radar detector installers

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by jdb, Sep 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Hello, I'm new to the area (Sacramento) and not familiar with the quality independent shops up here. I'm looking to get a couple things done for a new car I have coming in October:

1. Window tinting
    2. Quality "stealth" install of Valentine One radar detector (no cords, etc.)

My guess is the shops that are good at tint may not be the same shops that are good at radar detector installs. Any recommendations would be appreciated -- while I'm in Sacramento, I'm willing to take the car to the Bay Area for tint / radar detector install.

Thanks!

2. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    I would highly recommend Tony and Eric at Auto Eclipse in San Rafael for all tint work. (415)459-4559.
    They are good with Ferraris and very honest. (FOSF uses them for all their clear bra work and tinting)
    Mention my name and they will charge you double...

Good luck

kourosh

3. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    I don't know how much stealth you need in the Sacramento area for a radar detector, but just a standard hard wired Valentine just to the left of the rear view mirror is pretty good. In a 355 you need the thing as high as it will go.

If you live near Rocklin / Roseville, you need laser jamming and a front plate. Just driving through there the other night caused a Rocklin cruiser to flip a clandestine u turn and follow me all the way to city limits at a discreet CIA undercover surveillance distance.

However, the 355 uses the same rear view mirror as an early BMW, so you can buy the stealth Valentine in the mirror if you want.

San Rafael is pretty far from Sacramento , and is not a very good drive on 80. I have to do it fairly often (I hate going to Marin), and depending on what time of day can take 3 hours.

If you find a good window tinter in Sacramento, please let me know. I have found an ok shop (in Gold River) but not a great one.

Jay

4. dggferrari

dggferrari Rookie

Sep 12, 2004
    Sausalito,CA
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe Di Gennaro
    Custom Mobile Electronics for your radar. The best i know. In San Rafael.