eBay 308 - I Know This Car Back To 1983 | FerrariChat

eBay 308 - I Know This Car Back To 1983

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dr Tommy Cosgrove, Sep 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  2. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    What are your thoughts on the car and how it has been maintained? Did the original owner do the restoration or did the current one do the work?

Wha do you think its worth given all the mods?

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    The original owner is a retired surgeon in Huntsville AL. He bought it new in 82 and, as I stated earlier, I "found" it in 83 when I was a fifteen year old 10th grader. I kept up with it until it was sold in 07 to the current owner. It is the new guy that did the mods. He took it to Ferrari of Atlanta before the paint to get all the servicing needs done. Mark at FOA can tell you whatever you need to know about it mechanically but as far as I know it is fine.

It is also a bit of a heartbreaker for me, I wanted the car but it was sold before I realized it was going anywhere. Pure sentimental reasons only and I was going to keep it marrone. By the time I found out what happened, it was already red.

I just want it to have a good home now.

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Personally I don't think the mods add a penny to the value, in fact, it is the kind of thing that decreases it but that's just my opinion (I hope the original seats are still with the car)

However the paint job and the FOA servicing WILL add to it.

Being a 2V 81, normally about 28K but with the paint and mechanics, this may be a $35K car. Who knows.

You interested? I have about a dozen really really good 35mm pictures I took back in 83 in it's original unmolested state. I am thinking about sending copies to whoever buys it just for fun.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's a nice car and should easily get $35K. The paint and FoA service alone add at least $10K to the value. Man, I've seen a lot of crap cars where they insist on getting $25K and upwards to $40k.