250 GTEs in AZ? | FerrariChat

250 GTEs in AZ?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by RMSI, Sep 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RMSI

RMSI Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Are there any 250 GTEs here in the Valley? I've always loved 'em, but never seen one in person... if there are any, do the owners ever bring 'em out?

2. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    Good question. I think the only GTE I recall seeing was for sale about 30yrs ago for around $7k, and looked very tired. At the time, even that seemed way too much for a 4-passenger car that looked so dated. Of course, now I see them as having a LOT of vintage appeal. Actually, I wish I had picked up a 330 America... basically the same car with upgraded drivetrain :) Not many of those made, though. I'd an America to a 330GT 2+2.

3. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    There is a local one in Mesa, and another in Sedona.

4. RMSI

RMSI Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Really? Do you happen to know the color combos?

Are there any particular events that you know those owners attend every year? Or do they just stay as "garage art"?

Like I said, I've always loved 'em but never gotten the chance to see one in person, so I was hoping that one of 'em gets out to events at least every once in a while!

5. Bill P

Bill P Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Prescott AZ
    Full Name:
    William D. Preston
    Gentlemen:

I have one, silver/black, S/N 4329, and I live in Prescott, AZ. Also there is/was a red one here but with a Corvette engine and automatic installed.

I also edit and publish the 250 GTE Newsletter. If you would like to receive a complimentary copy just send your name and MAILING address to:

250 GTE Register & Newsletter
    3119 Rainbow Ridge Drive
    Prescott AZ 86303