9/11 7 years later | FerrariChat

9/11 7 years later

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by rollsorferrari?, Sep 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i still remember exactly where i was, i was in freshman year of high school, in mr. schmidt's woodworking 1 class, and i still remember the tone of the principal's voice when he came on the intercom to let us know about the attacks, right after the second plane hit. rip to all who lost their lives that day.

2. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    I was at home that morning, started work at 3 (I was selling cars at the time). After a late morning breakfast and relaxing at home, I turned on the TV and started flipping channels. I saw these reports on CNN and this repeated footage of the plane going into the tower, and for a while I didn't think it was real. After it played over and over I realized it must be real. I sat there in awe for hours in a trance watching this over and over and watching various news reports in amazement that it was actually happening. what a day.

God bless and RIP to all affected.

Chris

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I was emailling with a friend who was in his office building directly across the street from the WTC site. that was pretty eerie.

4. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I remember I was sleeping in my dorm. My friend came in and told us they were "blowing up New York City". I had no idea what he was talking about till I turned the tv on. It was a pretty tough day, although my school was in Maryland, a large population of students there are from NJ and NY.

5. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I was sleeping because I worked the nightshift and a good buddy Ronnie (RIP RHM) called and said "dude we are under attack turnon the news, kill all them #### #####!".
    I turned on the tv about 2min's before the second plane hit and my jaw hit the floor! Man it seem's like almost yesterday that it happened and I'm still in shock watching the special's that have been on cable lately.

My thought's and prayer's go out to everyone who lost friend's and family in the attack aswell as to the rest of America. Man I wish we could catch Bin Laden!!!

Gregg

6. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I was watching the George Bush motorcade driving down the street in Sarasota.

7. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    I was in 5th semester Spanish senior year of high school. Just remember watching all coverage and being totally stunned. Watching one tower fall and then the next, thinking it was a replay of the first tower falling, we were all so confused, such a tragic day.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those directly affected by the events of that day.

8. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    I had just graduated college a couple months prior and was "taking time off" for that summer before I dove into real life. I was staying at my family's cottage in S.W Michigan. I woke up early, as I always did and turned on the T.V. I was watching the news when the special report came on after the first plane hit. As I was driving to the gym that morning, I was listening intently when the second plane hit. That morning the gym was silent. Most people were piled into the spin class area just watching the tv in shock. I ended up leaving and going home that morning when I watched the first tower fall.

This past weekend I was watching a lot of specials on the WTC attacks. I think they were on the discovery channel or perhaps the history channel. They focused in on the heroes who made it out and those who didn't. Even I as I type this I get a little teary thinking about those people who were stuck in those towers. I just couldn't imagine the terror. God bless those involved, directly or indirectly, and God bless the United States of America.

J

9. sampson

sampson Karting

Dec 22, 2004
    near Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I was in the 8th grade, in Mrs. Andrus' class. The whole class was in the hall on a five minute break, except for me and one other girl. Another teacher ran into the room and began whispering in my teacher's ear--I remember hearing the words "fire" and "two towers" but not knowing what that meant. Then my teacher began crying and ran to turn on the tv and I saw the second plane hit. Changed my life that day, as I'm sure it changed everyone's life.
    God Bless America.

10. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I was at a buddies house and his wife kicked me out of bed and dragged me downstairs to watch the TV. It took a while to understand what I was watching. I did not go to work that day, as I was glued to the tube. That was the last day I shed tears over anything since my dad passed away. Pretty sobering.

11. acuransx20001

acuransx20001 Karting

May 19, 2005
    Redwood City
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    I was actually in Las Vegas and due to fly out. I turned on the tv and the plane was going into the tower. Rented a car and drove back 8 hours to the Bay Area. Now a few years later, I'm writing this e-mail from an airport waiting to go to Vegas. Safest day to fly.

Abe

12. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I remember too. Sophmore year of college, bio 2 lab.

13. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    I remember being woken up by my mother calling, telling me to turn on the television. I said 'what channel?' and she said 'ANY CHANNEL!!'. I turned on the tv just in time to North Tower fall.

Now here's what's took me a little while to realise what was happening: I watched Independence Day the night before, and with all the buildings and landmarks being blown to smithereens in it, my mind was foggy and didn't comprehend what was going on for a few minutes after awakening.

I was in McKinney, Texas on that day, in my rented townhome.

on a side note, McKinney is flown over by all the jets lining up to land at DFW and Love Field from the northeast. After the aircraft grounding, it was bewilderingly still in the sky and can remember the first aircraft I saw when the ban came to an end: a twin prop flying into Addison Airport from the north, right over Trinity Mills rd in Dallas..

14. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    I was driving back to the office in the morning when i heard on the radio that a light plane had crashed into one of the towers, i didnt realise what had actually happened until i popped home later in the day and the TV was on. I was round a friends house that night and we just watched the news, with the same footage being looped in disbelief at what had happened.

15. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I was just walking out of the weight room at the student rec center when I watched the second plane slam into the tower... stopped dead in my tracks... unreal.

16. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    I was in macdonalds, with a few friends.. when one of my friends parents called and told him what happened.

17. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I was also a freshman in high school. A lot of people in my school had parents/relatives in the towers. Most teachers would not let us watch the news on TV, and went about class as normal. People were running down the halls screaming and freaking out.

18. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    First thing I wonder is... what kind of crackers were you eating that she'd kick you out of bed.

Second thing is a vague curiousity where your buddy was at the time :)

19. The Speedfighter

The Speedfighter Formula 3

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Lex
    I didn't want to cut off this thread but I REALLY LIKE TO KNOW :D

20. NYCSpotter

NYCSpotter Formula 3

May 28, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Damian
    I was in 2nd grade at the time, yet I still remember the day very well. One of the teachers came in and told my teacher what was happening. We spent the rest of the school day just sitting in class, doing nothing but listening to the radio. Parents starting coming in to pick up their kid before dismissal. When I was picked up, and we walked out, both of the towers had already fallen and I could see the huge cloud of smoke covering Downtown. My elementary school was in Brooklyn right by the water opposite of NYC. It was a horrible sight, but I was still to young to fully understand what was going on.

9/11/01 - a date we will never forget. May all of the victims who perished RIP. My condolences to everyone who lost a loved one on that tragic day.

21. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #21 agup48, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
    Wow, 2nd grade, I was in middle school, probably 7th or 8th grade, I was in the cafeteria, and all the tvs were on and it was completely silent, everyone was watching the news, and we weren't allowed to watch the news when class got started. But wow, 2nd grade and in NY, that is some memories I wouldn't forget if I were you.

22. lambokid

lambokid Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2006
    Golden Valley, MN
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I was in fourth grade at the time. That day everything just seemed...off. My parents usually watched the Today show in the morning, but that day they didn't. I don't know if they were trying to protect me or if they just didn't want me to watch more TV. When I got to school, everyone was talking about something that had happened. A plane crash. New York. After the second tower was hit, someone said it was an attack, but I was too young to understand. I wan't able to get a full picture until I got home and watched the news. To this day I remember every word the reporter said and every second of the footage they showed.

23. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    #23 Mrpbody44, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
    I lived in Arlington VA at the time about .2 miles SW of the Pentagon. I was in Tysons Corner picking up a moving truck when the guy at the desk got a call and told me all truck rentals were grounded. I had no clue what had happened. We turned on the TV at the truck rental place and watched what was going on. Luckly I had dropped my daughter off at my moms house. I had my wife come to my parents house due to the dust in Arlington. We did not go back home for 2 days. I lost 2 guys I used to work with in NYC that worked at the World Trade Towers and a friend of my parents was killed in plane that hit the Pentagon. Saudi neighbors of my parents were rushed out of the country on a special flight.

My friend Shaun was going to help me move but he got stuck in Canada for a week.

Why haven't we found Bin Laden?

24. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Grade 8 Humanities Class, it was near the end of my first class, remember the principle come on the PA and announce what happened. Although I don't quite remember the exact words or what the World Trade Center was, we had a moment of silence.

My next class was Phys Ed, which we were playing Football in the field. One odd thing I noticed was a large number of planes in the sky landing at YVR, about 1 every 5 minutes. Which was due to the airspace being closed & all planes grounded; I think that day was the largest number of planes & traffic Vancouver International Airport faced, as they were the only major Canadian airport on the west coast that had the capability of handling large aircraft as all incoming international flights were re-routed to Canada.

Later that day I rushed home, to find my father watching the whole event on TV.

25. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I had moved back in with parents a few days beforehand, and had retro-fitted the dining room into a bedroom. I woke up to my father pulling me out of bed, talking about how a plane had run into one of the towers. Great, whatever. I wanted to sleep.

By the time I had an english muffin (and realized that it wasn't a private aircraft) I watched the second plane hit the tower. The rest of the morning was surreal, and while I went to work that day, the focus was entirely on the evil behind it. 9/11 is the last time I remember my parents waking up in the same house, and having the same reaction after 28 years of a shaky marriage.

Five years later and I was standing on the spot where it all occurred, and my girlfriend's parents were there today. Funny how it all works.