Anyone ever meet/communicate with Enzo? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone ever meet/communicate with Enzo?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Aug 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    "Six Degrees of Separation" principle at work: the first owner of my '64 330 2+2 was a 1950's American Ferrari customer and personal friend of Enzo.

I felt a bit connected to the line of "provenance".

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Damn cool story, esp about the letters and gifts. If your grandfather can type it would be really cool to hear him reminisce.

3. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    He mentioned he will have to type for his grandfather but I also am on pin's and needle's awaiting some old school, insider, story's.

4. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    That is simply too cool! Please have him tell us some stories. Thanks.

5. pastmaster

pastmaster Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    #30 pastmaster, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
    OH BOY!!! Me too!!! This is great in keeping the traditions and closeness, that Enzo Ferrari, promoted for his wonderful machines!!! Marcel Massini? Krasnavian? Sire Bruno de Losckley? Mario Andretti?

Ciao...Paolo

6. whatspeedlimit?

whatspeedlimit? Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    #31 whatspeedlimit?, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
    My Grandfather(Fo) and my Great Uncle were partners on the dealership; Farland-Buell Chrysler,Plymouth, Ferrari. Enzo was good friends with Temple, every Ferrari Temple would buy(he had quite a few of them) would be made to Enzos' Specs because they were both tall. Carroll Shelby raced for temple along with some of the other greats such as Stirling Moss, Masten Gregory, and Fangio. Temple was an investor, and I've heard more than once that Temple loaned Carroll money for projects. It would be ironic if Temple loaned Carroll the money to build the first cobra. Carroll still remembers going to Fo's house for dinners and even said that my Grandmother is a good cook! Another weird twist that I just read is that temple sponsored the "Piccolo" car that Fangio drove in his last race. My cousins here in Denver have a restaurant called Piccolo's, and they only have one restaurant left ,had 3....weird right? I'm going to my parents house to take pictures of the cuff links and the banner. Hopefully, I can talk to my Grandfather and take some notes.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hell of a way to tease us...! Now I'm not going to sleep until you return.

8. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Amazing, any stories will be great to hear. Insights like this are very rare today.

Perhaps the mods can merge this thread into the one I started in the Vintage section?

9. christopher

christopher Formula 3

Nov 29, 2003
    Ontario California
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    This is an amazing thread….

Few years ago, I bought a copy of an actual photo of Enzo as given to the person that sold it to me for his Birthday. It had also come with a little note wishing him well for his Birthday. I have god reason to believe that it was pretty authentic as the style of writing was exact and the signatures where identical in the purple color ink.

Even if it wasn’t, I liked the story and will echo that…..

Great thread, keep up on the details!!!

Chris.

10. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Very Cool! I never knew that about your car.

11. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
  12. whatspeedlimit?

whatspeedlimit? Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    Update....

As far as I know, I am going to be having dinner with my grandparents tonight or tommorrow night. So thats when I'll try to get him on here. I am still trying to get pictures of the scarf and the cuff links(camera is getting fixed) so bear with me.

Cheers,

13. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Another reason that wrecking it was a loss.

The man's name was Alfred Ducato; I have a Cavallino mag from 1984 that has an article about Ferraris he purchased in the early '50s and his friendship with Enzo, in it my old 330 is mentioned by s/n.

There's also a Forza from late '04 or early '05 that has a feature on one of Ducato's cars as it is today.

14. kens

kens Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    In the late 80’s, I sent Enzo a note congratulating him on a recent Ferrari F1 1-2 finish. I also mentioned my purchase of a Boxer in my early twenties and how his cars had been a major joy in my life. I received a signed card in return with cordial best wishes. Enzo died later that year. As you might expect, the signature is not so smooth.

15. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great, great story! Looking forward to more.

16. ameer20

ameer20 Rookie

Nov 9, 2005
    EU
    It seems this thread has died out... I was hoping for more stories.

17. Paintshield

Paintshield Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2004
    Grantham UK
    Full Name:
    Tom Wakeford
    A local Psychic had a chat with him yesterday she said "he felt that the Hamilton decision was a travesty and that the penalty should be overturned" :)

Cheers

18. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Ya' was wondering the same thing as I want that G'Pa to tell his story.....perhaps this will bump it up a bit.

r

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I just got a Cavall-ouija board through mail order! Who wants to play?