restaurants in Madison? | FerrariChat

restaurants in Madison?

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by rjkennedy, Sep 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjkennedy

rjkennedy Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Woodbury, MN
    Going to Madison end of October with sons to a soccer tourney everybody. Any suggestions on local restaurants that aren't typical "chain" places? Kid friendly a must. Thanks ahead.

2. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The Mariner. On Madison's east side. On lake Monona. Very good steaks and seafood. Nice view of lake. Serves dinner only. I've taken my kids there, but my kids are pretty well behaved (I'm bragging).

Casa de Lara. Good mexican food, kid friendly. Two locations. One on State Street and the other on Fish Hatchery Road.

Smokey's. On University Avenue. Excellent steaks. I think it's dinner only as well. It's pretty loud so I think kids are ok.

The Blue Marlin. Good sea food. Downtown on Hamilton Street. Not sure about kid friendly.

Avenue Bar. On East Washington Avenue about five blocks north of the Capital. Very kid/family friendly. Good food. Serve lunch.

Delaney's. On the West side of town, right off of Odana road on Grand Canyon. Good steaks.

Gino's. On State Street in downtown Madison. Excellent pizza. Kid friendly.

Ella's Deli. On East Washington. Fun place to take kids for lunch.

There's more, but these are off the top of my head. Madison is great town. Have fun! :)

3. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    Quaker Steak on the west side by Middleton. Its a chain but not like the rest. All of Mikes are great.

4. consigliere

consigliere Karting

Sep 1, 2008
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There's a burrito place there that is great. Huge portions, and just lots of fun. The name is "Burrito Boy" or Burrito King" or something like that. Sorry, the name escapes me. I'm sure you can find it if you ask around about it. All the UW students will surely know the name and its location.

Yummy!

5. tommy g

tommy g Guest

May 3, 2005
    westfield nj
    Full Name:
    tom gillespie