What's the most you've ever spent on a pair of jeans? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

What's the most you've ever spent on a pair of jeans?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by REMIX, Mar 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

The most is maybe $250. I'm a chick though so that's maybe like spending $50 in guy-jean dollars.

2. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    If anyone can find me a reasonably priced pair of Nudie RRDS in a 32, please PM me!

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Me too! :)

4. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I bought a pair of Lucky jeans at Costco for $36. Not bad.

Normally just buy Levi's 501's.

5. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    PM sent to the both of you.

6. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The costco lucky's don't compare to the proper ones you buy at lucky stores

Still, i have 2 pairs of costco luckys and 4 or 5 pairs of the "real" ones

7. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
    Try E Street Denim Co. I bought a pair of Nudie from them last fall. They have lot's not sure about that style. I get all my denim from them and have been a loyal customer of theirs for 15 years. Great Great place for denim and related items. They are located in Highland Park, IL.

8. icanfly012

icanfly012 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
  9. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Jesus..

The first pair of Nudies I ever had was the RRDS, and this was in early 2005 (before Nudie blew up). The quality was top notch, and the lustre of the denim was unmistakable. Today I went to the store to try on a couple of pairs to confirm my size so I could go to Cultizm and order my pair, and JESUS but these jeans are simply CRAP! The quality is garbage, the lustre is gone, and the stitching is more of a neon orange than before. I was so disappointed. So if anyone has a line on backstock RRDS, please let me know! I'll pay...

10. marcman

marcman Rookie

Aug 5, 2006
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Marc-David A.-F.
    Screw Nudies, they are so overplayed, the cuts aren't great, the quality either. In the same price range I'd recommend APC, Julian Red, Naked and Famous. However, if you are willing to spend a little more, it might be worth it to move up to something like Flathead's, Skull Jeans by an Alchemist, Samurai, Iron Heart, Pure Blue Japan, Kicking Mule Workshop. The quality of the build and of the denim itself is much better than Nudies and APC's. Check out selfedge.com and blueingreensoho.com.

11. YellowbirdRS

YellowbirdRS Formula 3

Nov 9, 2005
    DFW/RGV/MX
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Just paid €400 + VAT =480 for a pair Gucci jeans for my wife last week in Paris

12. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Whatever happened to Bathing Ape? Didn't they make high priced jeans?

RMX

13. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just picked up a pair of paperdenim&cloth "alec" (relaxed boot) jeans at Filene's for $50. Not too bad and they fit me perfectly. I got lucky. There was 1 pair of 34's and the rest of the jeans were above 38 so i grabbed them and tried them on and they're great

I still need to get back to the Filene's in the city (NY). They had a HUGE selection. The one near me here has a ton of womens stuff but not much selection for men

14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Got a pair of Nudies for $70 and a pair of True Religions for $85 at the outlets last week. I'm wearing the Nudies right now. They're quite comfy. I had to get them hemmed but they fit perfect now

15. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Even fifty bucks in guy-jean $$ is too much for me. Sam's Member's Mark...$14.95...does fine.

16. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    Beat my old price last week of $176 CAD! Got another pair of Nudies (Slim Jim Dry Black Coated) for $196 CAD. And I've gotta say, MAN are these nice, probably overpaid a bit, as I could have ordered them online for less, but man are they nice. A lot tighter than my Olas that I had before, but they're stretching, and I'm getting used to them. :)

17. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nice. I'm trying to wear mine as much as i can. I want to get another pair with a lighter wash too

18. BB512 1980

BB512 1980 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2008
    AIX-EN-PROVENCE - F
    Full Name:
    Pascal
    1.200 € for a pair of Dolce & Gabban Hawaï jeans !!!!!!!!!!!!

19. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Same here.
    I wear the cheapest shirts and pants, most I've spent for a shirt was about 20.00, and jeans, about 25. Best thing though, I get compliments from people that tell me I dress really well, and I'm wearing some cheap shirt and shorts. :D

20. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    Neat!, Did you get your Regular Ralfs?

21. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    They are straight svens in the "sharp dark" wash

22. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    I need to another pair of RRDS' in my life. My SSDS and old RRDS were ruined in the east coast winter(s)...

23. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    $70-80 on a pair from Banana Republic, which were nice, but not so nice that I ever bought another pair. I usally buy mine from the Gap when they are on sale. I prefer BR for my casual slacks and cargo type pants.

24. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wearing my true religions today. They definatley need to be hemmed but they're pretty damn comfortable

25. DenGordon7

DenGordon7 Rookie

Feb 28, 2007
    Pair of Diesels at 275 a pop

Better than anything else out there, and I've tried everything.