Ferrambo | FerrariChat

Ferrambo

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Easy E, Aug 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Easy E

Easy E Karting

Feb 14, 2008
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Clover
    #1 Easy E, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. andric

andric Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    So cool the amount of time and skill and attention to detail is truely amazing

3. Easy E

Easy E Karting

Feb 14, 2008
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Clover
    #3 Easy E, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
    Tim Divers was the builder and it took him a couple years to complete the vision. It also won the coveted Riddler award this year. Not only is it a cool custom, but it uses modern technology. Take a look at those brakes!

Erik Clover
    General Sales Manager
    Gran Prix Imports - Lamborghini Portland

4. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    So where do someone find a studio space that large in the Northwest?

5. JCW Driver

JCW Driver Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Bronson G.
  6. Easy E

Easy E Karting

Feb 14, 2008
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Clover
    Well, you don't build a car like this with the intention of selling it or making money. He wanted to build something remarkable and unique. The ridler award is certainly an honor as well. Great link above.

It is also important to note that this is not Mike's first custom project but has been and will be ongoing pursuit. It is for sale if someone really wants it, in the mean time it is stored in a very safe place.

Best regards,

7. Dave46

Dave46 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2006
    Central Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Davison
    That car is a work of art that has already won the top award that it can win.

I've known the Divers family for quite a while and their work just keeps getting better. I would hate to guess what they will do to top this one but I sure would like to see it.

8. ALTA ADAM

ALTA ADAM Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2007
    PDX, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Truly stunning automobile! A rolling piece of sculpture and mechanical engineering in automotive form. Amazing what two so completely dissimilar autos can combine to form. I mean who would ever think to breed a F360 Modena and a Rambler? The Riddler is a REAL accomplishment no matter what the subject car is, having been near one other Riddler winner, the quality of this car must be truly amazing! Kudos to Mike Warn and to Divers for their creation!

9. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Unbelievable! How cool. A muscle car I finally like

10. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I remember when they started this project. What a great concept made reality. Any idea what it would cost to bring it home?

11. Easy E

Easy E Karting

Feb 14, 2008
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Clover
    Somewhere north of $1.5M would take it home. By the way, it runs and drives beautifully.

12. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I would have though maybe $200k...Wow

13. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
    It should for $1.5M...

14. JCW Driver

Oct 24, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Bronson G.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it cost more than that to construct, knowing what some of Foose's work or Troy Trepanier's work costs to finish out.

Bob Johnson's G-force 'Cuda cost nearly $900,000 to build, from what I heard.

15. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    The value of the work of art is determined by how much one is willing to pay.

16. Easy E

Easy E Karting

Feb 14, 2008
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Clover
  17. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
  18. JCW Driver

Oct 24, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Bronson G.
    ...or what the owner is willing to sell it for.

What I didn't add earlier, was that Johnson's 71 'Cuda project ended up selling for far less than he said he paid to build it. More like $600,000 at Barrett Jackson, IIRC.

http://www.g-forcecuda.com/ (to benefit any reading this who are unfamiliar...) It a car that is (in my opinon) on par with the Ferrambo in many ways. Perhaps less so, in others.

19. Easy E

Easy E Karting

Feb 14, 2008
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Clover
    The G-force Cuda is a very cool car and very well done. However it is a hemi powed cuda and that is not necessarily an unusual configuration. I know some stock hemi cudas have sold for more money than this one.

What makes Ferrambo such a unique build is the creativity and craftsmanship that is required to put a Ferrari 360 engine, drivetrain, electronics and suspension into a 1960 rambler wagon. To incorporate Ferrari styling cues from the era and use materials and technology from today to create a timeless custom takes a very skilled designer. Think of it as a period prototype using a complete modern materials donein the spirt of Ferrari.

Now I know Ferrari has never built a wagon, but Pininfarina has reconfigured a couple over the years for wealthy collectors. The pricing to build a one off 456 wagon would certainly not be in line with regular 456 values, but for the right guy it is priceless endeavor.

With that said, in my opinion it is second to none in the current mix of one off custom show cars. A few years ago there was a vintage alfa inspired roadster with a 456 engine. Does anyone have any current details on it? what it may have cost to build? etc...?

20. blackferrari

blackferrari Karting

Feb 13, 2007
    The Highlands
    Full Name:
    Ming Alen
    I'd drive that!!

21. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    Very interesting setup indeed. From where is the cool intake air drawn from? I see the intake going into the rear corners, but do not see any intake vents on the outside of the vehicle. Wheel wells?

22. JCW Driver

Oct 24, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Bronson G.
    Looks like it.

23. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    A very impressive piece of work that I wouldn't pay a nickel for.

Let's be serious for a second. Is there any car less worth putting money into than an old Rambler?