Viper RT/10 | FerrariChat

Viper RT/10

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Meister, Sep 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Does anyone know if 2 sets of golf clubs will fit in the trunk of an RT/10 or would I have to look to a GTS for more space?

2. blackcamaro

blackcamaro Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    I am 99% sure that you will not be able to fit two sets of clubs in a rt/10, for that matter you would probaly have a tough time with one set.

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    There is no way in hell you will get 2 golf clubs, let alone 2 sets of clubs in the back of an RT/10. You won't get them in a GTS either. The Viper is a sports car... if you're looking for something more tour-ey then the Corvette was advertised as being able to fit golf clubs in the back.

4. blackcamaro

blackcamaro Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    A corvette convertible will take two bags for sure. You might have to take the drivers out of the bag but it is no problem.

5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The SRT-10 coupe WILL fit two sets of the "Ping" like bags. It was designed to hold two sets of clubs.

There is a slim chance you can get two sets in a 97-02 viper. It wouldn't be pretty but it might be doable... then again it has been 3 years since I had mine... but you definetly will not get two sets of clubs in an rt10

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    #6 Meister, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
    I can get 2 sets in my 308...

When we travel, we use what they call a "Sunday" bag it's a cloth bag with a diameter of about 8" at the top and the rest of the body is soft. Today's drivers are about 45"-47" so that is somewhat the limiting factor if the area is essentially "wide enough".

A friend of mine has A C6 ZO6 and we easily fit two regular "stand" bags in there with enough luggage for up to a week. I would have thought the GTS should be similar.

I don't want to go the Corvette route, as I've got 2 in the garage right now and there are way to many on the road already.

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    #7 Meister, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Take out the spare tire, it's pretty roomy.

It's got more room than a lot of trunks with diagrams on how to stuff two bags in.

Worth a shot.

9. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Yes they will! Miniature golf clubs, of course. A putter..and a ...putter.

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

welcome back aj!!!

11. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Thank you Pete! Good to see you still around.

12. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Why would you wanna know if you can fit golf clubs in a Viper?.

13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Because when he and a buddy go to beat the crap out of someone that have to put the clubs somewhere...duh !

:D

14. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I want a stylish, dependable, newer unique car that my wife and I can jump in at a moments notice and go for a week, long weekend or day trip to play golf.

15. bryanc4

bryanc4 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    Delray/Boca, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan

guaranteed will not fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    I beg to differ friends... My GTS will fit two sets of golf clubs with carry bags. I lay the long woods over the top of the bags and stretch them over my rear deck (behind the seats). I am pretty sure that you can also fit two carry bags in an RT/10 if you remove the soft top that normally stores in the trunk.

For many years I carried my clubs in my car almost 7 days a week.

If you have any more questions you can drop me an email to [email protected]

Brad

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Can't thank you enough for the info!

Now if the tax man isn't too hard on us this Jan, we can start looking for one next spring.

18. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    If you are planning to buy the RT/10 to go fast and maybe even take it to the track on occasion I will warn you that the tops (both soft tops and carbon fiber) have a habit of blowing off at 160+ mph. I've seen it at the track first hand. If you want to go fast, i would highly recommend buying a GTS Coupe.

If you go with an RT/10, buy one that was made after 1997 (which is when the Gen 2 upgrades from the GTS were put on the RT/10's). After 2000 the cars went to cast hyperreutectic pistons and the cams were detuned... because customers complained about the rough idle of the high lift cams.

Like I said, feel free to drop me an email and we can continue this conversation. If you are serious about buying one of these and driving it regularly, alignment and brakes are two things that you need to address. Do no trust the factory alignment spec's if you plan on driving the car the way it was meant to be driven.

Brad