Just for Eli....your own thread for 430 MSRP values! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Just for Eli....your own thread for 430 MSRP values!

Discussion in '360/430' started by roytoy2003, Sep 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #26 titanium360, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
    Jim with all do respect i read my responses on this thread and i never mentioned once that "FNA" is engaged in this conduct. i said quote "certainly your dealer is not a straight shooter whomever it might be. by law they are not allowed to sell over msrp unless the car has been registered and sold as a used car hence the shady deal of 70K on the side. i hope this explained it." BTW thisit what i was told by my dealer. could i be wrong? maybe? i will check but i never accused FNA in a public forum of doing so. please correct me if i am wrong

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Not allowed by whom? The law is quite clear. Dealers are allowed to sell a car for over msrp in the US.

"for your information no ferrari dealer can sell a new car over msrp"

Your words speak for themselves.

Are you now saying that your dealer told you that the law prevented them from selling over msrp?

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    please look at post #49 on this thread. my last message was in post was because i was missquoted

4. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    How about them hotdogs?

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    yes word speak for themsevleves and at the same time i think missquoting someone is not correct either. jim i never mentioned once FNA and you missquoted me . i have alot of respect for you and not going to get into a war of words with you but you know you were wrong. ferrari dealer is not FNA. have a great day.

6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Coney's are the best.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Chilli and mustard ONLY!!!

8. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus

No Eli you clearly stated that Ferrari dealers are not allowed to sell over list price. The law is quite clear that they are and that was immediately pointed out to you by Roy. Who is not allowing them and how are they doing this? Your dealer told you they are not allowed to sell over msrp. Who is not allowing them to do what the law clearly permits them to do?

Why is the Ferrari Dealer you refer to in this statement "Not a straight shooter" doing "shady deals". Why do you wonder how "they explain the 70K on top on their books?" when the law clearly allows dealers in the US to sell over msrp?

"certainly your dealer is not a straight shooter whomever it might be. by law they are not allowed to sell over msrp unless the car has been registered and sold as a used car hence the shady deal of 70K on the side. i hope this explained it." BTW thisit what i was told by my dealer"

My Ski racing friend quite correct.

9. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #34 titanium360, Sep 25, 2008

can you place point out to where i said the specific word FNA? or are you assuming i meant FNA? as far as dealer being a straight shooter thats my opinion and no one needs to accept it or approve it. please lets stay on topic and point me out to where i mentioned the specific word FNA in any of my responses.

10. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    man, this guy is dense.

11. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    And Napolis, patient.

12. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i guess it takes one to know one

13. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    how are you dave. hope all is well

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I'm good. Maybe better soon..... ;)

15. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Not trying to start a fire here, but man oh man...

/foreheadslap.

16. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It's real simple Eli. You stated that your dealer told you that they are not allowed to sell over msrp. The law clearly says they are. Who were you stating is not allowing Ferrari Dealers not to sell at msrp.? Are you stating that your Dealer told you that the law prevented them from selling for over msrp? As there is no question that the law clearly allows Dealers in the US to sell over msrp and this was pointed out to you by Roy and others are you still stating that it is you opinion that the specific Ferrari Dealer you referred to, who clearly acted within the law, is "shady"?

17. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    jim can you please just answer me one question? where did i ever mention FNA in any of my post which you have implied.

as i told you i might be wrong with the dealers not allowed to sell over msrp and i be the first one to admit i am wrong but why cant you do the same. you missquoted me i never mentioned the word FNA very simple.

18. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Answer the questions you've quoted and you will have answered the one you posed. If that's not something you are able to understand I can't help you.

19. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #44 titanium360, Sep 25, 2008
    i do clearly understand and dont like to be portrate as stupid because i am far from it jim. on the other hand i also posed a question to you and you keep on side stepping. please read my last post i just told you that i might be wrong in the fact that the dealers can not charge over msrp so i did answer your question.

now why dont you answer my question and tell me where did i ever mention or write FNA? it is a very simple question

20. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Now I'm REALLY confused! First you won't touch them with someone else's pe-is....now you will take one with a Diablo? Which Diablo you want? I have the perfect elf to send with the car! She might be one legged and walk in circles, but I can make sure she takes care of you!

For what it's worth, everyone is saying the same thing and you're stuck on one moot point again....whether you said FNA or not doesn't matter...everyone is saying that all Authorized Ferrari dealers are ABLE to, and frequently DO, sell f430's for OVER MSRP...it's not a violation of LAW by any definition, which is the point Napolis has been making. FNA may not WANT dealers to sell for over MSRP but they cannot DICTATE what a specific dealer sells the cars for...only their dealer agreement will give FNA the "control" you're talking about...but it is not "Law" as you have described.

There complete recap:

1. Ferrari Dealers usually sell f430's for over MSRP...perfectly legal practice.
    2. Roy says that MOST Ferrari dealers RIGHT NOW, due to the economy, are selling brand new cars AT MSRP
    3. Napolis says it's not against the law for ANY dealer to sell any car over MSRP
    4. Moss says to keep talking about Diablo's
    5. Hot dogs make it into the mix
    6. Eli now wants one of Roy's elves with purchase.
    7. Eli says he never said FNA, he said his dealer told him that dealers are not allowed to sell over MSRP was the law...obviously, his dealer is the dummy and took Eli as a fool for making him believe such nonsense. FNA....Dealer...who cares? It's still not against the law to sell over MSRP!
    8. I say, let's talk Lambo's and leave all this bickering over nonsense behind us? Since we are in the Lambo section anyways?

Last point...Eli, Roy is actually defending your previous statements about Ferrari's holding their values...selling for MSRP even as a used car...I believe in prior threads you were very adamanet about this point and the one time the two of you agree on something, albeit voiced differently, we get a hijacked thread ranting about the legalities of selling a Ferrari for over MSRP!

Back on point...down to 13 Diablo's for sale!

Thanks all for the input...Eli, if you would like I can start a thread in the 430 section to have an in depth conversation about this whole 430 pricing stuff? At least then it will stay out of my Diablo thread in the Lamborghini section? Please let me know & I can start it right away.

21. FrankN

FrankN Rookie

Jul 6, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Frank N.
    Titanium360, not only do you polute just about every post and thread Roy or Kevin starts by trying to discredit them and saying you would never buy from them bla, bla ,bla but now you're stating that you WOULD buy from them but the deal hangs on a condition you stated you wouldn't do even with someone else's schlong and in this very thread... so either make up your mind, stfu or buy a damn car from Roy!

And before you start with your 'why don't you buy a car from Roy?' come backs, simple I can't afford one but if I was able to I wouldn't hesitate to contact Roy or Kevin and no I've never met them or spoken to them and they haven't offered elves or anything else in echange for this post.

22. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    kevin i agree with most except me being a fool but thats your opinion and that's fine. but Jim not wanting to accept the fact that he missquoted me is not right. i was man enough to accept i was wrong. as for the elf comment , oh well not going there

23. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003

wow you are one insecure person, roy and kevin do not have any problem with me. please time for your milk and cookies

24. FrankN

FrankN Rookie

Jul 6, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Frank N.
    Why ask Napolis to answer a question that you yourself answered in this thread... And I left the quotes fully intact as to not misquote you....

25. FrankN

FrankN Rookie

Jul 6, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Frank N.
    Man you got me... you're good, you, you, let me tell you, you're good...