Huge Thanks to Ferrari of Central New Jersey | FerrariChat

Huge Thanks to Ferrari of Central New Jersey

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by aleventhal, Sep 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    #1 aleventhal, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yesterday I drove my 400i daily driver (#049773) out to Ferrari of Central New Jersey from Manhattan to visit with Chris Miele and his staff and to learn more about the new California (which seems like it will make a great daily driver itself). Chris and all of the staff at FOCNJ were so friendly and accomodating that I really thought it warranted its own thread - particularly as I have seen other threads complaining about "attitude" at other dealers.

In short, these guys could not have been more pleasant. Even though they were very busy, they made the time to talk to me, give me a tour of the complete Ferrari faciltiy (including the shop) and even walk me through the new Maserati facility they are building. Of course, the shop was spotless and impressive, and they were working on some cool cars including a 412 and the "Plymouth" F-50.

Even more impressive was that both Chris, the sales staff and the service staff (they even have a very knowledgeably guy named Enzo) had a genuine interest in the older cars, even "1BIGFIAT", my lowly brown 400i. They took the time to look at it, discuss its quirks and even offered to help me find some NLA hood struts.

I don't mean to sound like an adverstisment for FoCNJ but these guys were so much fun to be around, and so welcoming I thought they really deserved a shout out. Thanks Chris!

A

365BB #18265
    Dino #10704
    400i #049773
    TR #65247
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    FoCNJ always #1

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
  4. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    A resource beyond compare, always willing to go the extra distance, and always a pleasure.

5. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    Chris Miele is pure class. Great Guy!

6. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    Its funny this thread started up.... I emailed Ferrari of CNJ a couple days back in regards to scheduling a service on my 360 Spider and I haven't heard anything.... Poor customer service in my opinion.

Guess its back to WWoC for me.....too bad because Ferrari of CNJ is much closer and I'd like to build a relationship with a dealer who is closer to me.

7. Sherm

Sherm Karting

Jul 7, 2005
    Central Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tom
    "were working on some cool cars including a 412 and the "Plymouth" F-50."

What is the Plymouth F-50
    ( I hope that isn't a dumb question)

8. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    There was an F-50 in the shop (don't know the chassis #, sorry) with a "Plymouth" badge on the rear grill. Apparently the owner does this to all his F-cars. A man with good taste - that is certainly my style as well.

A

9. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Pick up and the phone and call them...trust me, it will be worth your while in ways that can't even be explained.

Email can be tough and especially given the fact that they are a VERY busy shop.

I was there this week as well and it's the best Ferrari facility in the tri-state if not the country.

Call em...it'll be worth the trouble.

10. EricImports69

EricImports69 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The owner of that F50 also has many other cars including a White on Red Bugatti Veyron

11. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ

I'll give them a call tomorrow....see what kind of customer service I get via phone on a rainy Saturday morning.

Busy shop? Hope they don't think I'm going to wait 3 weeks for a fluid change.......

12. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    It's just a little plastic Plymouth badge that the owner slapped on. He's kind of a goof ball. He uses that F50 as a daily sometimes BTW. You should see his Veyron, he slapped a front plate on that where there was no provision for one. The Maserati he drives most days looks like it's never been washed. It's pretty much a Honda to him. lol

13. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    Take a look at their web site, the shop isn't open on Saturday so I bet you won't get any customer service at all. How about I call your business at 2am and ask for a meeting. Maybe you better stay at WWOC since FOCNJ has a "no strokes" policy.

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    To whom did you send your e-mail? When did you send it? Most authorized Ferrari dealership Websites have an e-mail option by default, but the thing to do is phone them. Chris is a class act - which makes him a perfect match for Ferrari of Central New Jersey, because everyone else there is a class act. It's a grade A outfit, and I think it's a little unbecoming for you to judge them based on one unanswered e-mail. Their customer service is of the highest caliber. The other issue I take with your post is that instead of starting your own thread, you muddied up Alex's thread. This thread is a song of praise; one whose melody compliments the lyrics of admiration for a tried and true place with longstanding ties to the community - and then you come in here singing out of tune. Just some food for thought. Give them a call; and there's no way in hell they'll take three weeks - or make you wait three weeks - to get a fluid change.

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Alex, FoCNJ is a fantastic place. So did you place an order for a California? Are you going to add to your already eclectic stable?

16. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    My experience is very similar to the origination post. Chris Miele and the whole FoCNJ staff (top to bottom) have been nothing but wonderful to me.

best regards,
    Jerry

17. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    First of all, I am just stating my limited experience with them.... as for the Saturday shop being closed...what they can't make an appointment for a fluid change on a Saturday??? I'm not asking for them to be like a Jiffy Lube, but come on, I'm sure they can make an appointment!

I emailed them directly through their website, in which they have a page for "schedule service" Ironically it was probably around 2am that I scheduled this via the website....because I was woken up by a customer call :)

We'll see....hell, maybe I've even drive down there and check out the operation. Again, I've never done business with them, only WWOC which I have to say has been top notch, but the distance kills me... they offer free enclosed pickup/delivery, but not on a fluid change

18. flyducati

flyducati Rookie

Jun 30, 2008
    Naples Fl
    F.O.C.N.J has been wonderfull to me also.
    The people there are the "best of the best" in my book.

My email's always get answered and i usually get a follow up phone call from them, also.

I bet you typed in the wrong email address.

19. flyducati

flyducati Rookie

Jun 30, 2008
    Naples Fl
    #19 flyducati, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
    There you go...I knew it was a simple mistake.....You were probably so tired, just haven woken up and all,you forget to hit send! Sometimes that darn hourglass just spins and spins and spins, and you wonder, "did it go thru?" should i click submit again? or will that ruin everything??
    We all make mistakes, no big deal.
    You should try it again.

20. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    #20 sezme, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
    I called Mike in service on Wednesday morning and told him I heard a noise in the rear of my CS. I told him I couldn't get down till after 6pm when they close - and he said no problem. Chris Miele came down ON HIS DAY OFF off so that my car could be accommodated. (FWIW - Chris said he lives 45 minutes North) By 8am Thursday morning I had a call from Mike saying that they would be looking at the car immediately - and they did. They will earn my business EVERY time. WWOC is closer - but would never get my business - ever.

Poor customer service?! Gotta be kidding me...... Have you considered spam filters? Have you considered a technology snafu?

21. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    WWoC? I'm STILL waiting on a call about a blue F355 they had listed on their web site...

22. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    #22 jsanocki, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Its not an email address, but rather a form page.... to test the theory of computer error I'll hold off on the call and send another email right now....without anyone calling to advise them of this "test" lets see if they reply to my second inquiry, which will make no mention of the 1st try.

I'm not saying that they don't have great customer service, I'm simply stating my *LIMITED* experience. Maybe they are happy with their current clients and not looking for more...I don't know...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA

I called about that one too, the salesman tried to convince me it was an F50.

24. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    He told me it was an Enzo

25. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme

Ummmmmm - WHY DON'T YOU JUST PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL THEM?