Ferrari of San Francisco, wow... really? | FerrariChat

Ferrari of San Francisco, wow... really?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by xavior, Sep 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    I have been thinking how to write this for the last 2 hours and I am glad I cooled down so I am just going to explaine what happend. Today I got yhis wild hair up my butt to buy another car. I have been living in SF for the last 6 months and I miss my F-car. I told the wife I was going to pick up a car and she gave me the ok. I called the guys at FofSF and told them who I was, and a member on Fchat and I would be coming down today to talk about cars. I brought my checkbook because I was feeling good. I told them on the phone I would be driving a black hummer and will park it out front. I did. I noticed the guys were busy and there was no problem with that. I came in with sweats and a ball cap. The receptionist gave me no aknowlagement and I walked around for about 5 min before I approched her. I kindly told her that I would have a cigar on the bench right out the door and when someone was free to kindly let me know. I sat there for about 45 min. That was not a problem as it was a very nice day. When I finished the cigar I noticed they closed the whole store and I was out there for nothing. That really ticked me off. I was ready to buy the car outright today. They have a nice 360 spyder there. I really hate to belive that such a nice establishment could have such disregard for their new customers. I want to give them the benifit of the doubt because I really hate to think this is how customer service here is. I can not belive the receptionist would just forget about people like that. But I dont know the whole story. I left a message on their voice mail but I am not sure if I am going to buy from them. I need a few days to think this over. We will see.

2. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    similar experience here, went with a friend and I drove my Ferrari there and was asked to move it off the parking lot! apparently they are not fond of Mondials. no help or anyone caring that we were there, complete waste of time esp considering he was there to buy a car too!

there are other dealers willing to take your business, top of my head just in norcal

Mario @ niello maserati
    Colby @ luxuery motors
    SVAG aka silicon valley auto group

3. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    I parked my hummer there, they prolly wanted to tow mine away! lol

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Just be glad you weren't in Texas or you'd have some tree-hugging old fu*k keying it!

5. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    I live in Emeryville right next to Berkeley, been there done that :p

6. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Scott: maybe they just didn't like you because their service department is not as good as your shop.

My experiences with them were similar. Very poor manners from both their sales and service departments. On the other hand, I took my cousin to FoSV a while back to look at a 575, and Parris was great to us both.

7. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    b4 I bought my 308qv,I called fofsf about a 308 that for sale b4 going down there from sac,will they put me on hold for over 20min.,I hung up and called back no answer,next day I called back and told them I called about the 308,and they said they'll call me back that they were busy with other clients,they never called back,so I thought I really didn't need that car from that place:p:p:p:p

8. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    +1....I've purchased several cars from Parris now and he's been absolutely fantastic. When problems arise, they've taken care of them as well....no arguments, just quick resolution [both Bill and Lenny are great as well in Service].

9. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    If you like the car there, or any other for that matter, I'd be happy to pick it up for you at a dealer to dealer price and sell it to you...no matter what you decide, that's not the right way to treat customers...especially since you weren't being demanding in the least. For what it's worth, if there is something I can help you find, always here to help.

Call anytime.

10. ferrari.ace

ferrari.ace Karting

May 25, 2006
    So.Cal.
    Full Name:
    Adam Cox
    +1 for Ferrari of Silicon Valley

I helped Parris get that job and I never have regreted making the recommendation.

Tell him Adam sent you...

11. EVONick

EVONick Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    For every "if" there's a "but", for every "yes" there's a "no", for every "red" there's a "green".

OP, you had a bad experience at FoSF. Please try to figure out why. I've been a customer there since they opened and have had nothing but good experiences. I park my crappy trackdog EVO in their lot and no one complains. Same at FSV. If you feel people are treating you poorly, then either they or you are doing something wrong. I generally feel that it is my fault, and I wonder what I have done to upset someone. I'm right at least half the time. A good friend of mine once said "Shakespeare wrote, "Perhaps our fault lies not in our stars but in ourselves. The only thing wrong with that sentence is the word perhaps."" Good words to live by.

Before airing your dirty laundry here, go to the FSF manager and say, "Hey I've been mistreated!" That you didn't speaks volumes.

As for FSV, Parris is great.

12. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    amazing... someone calls ahead to see a car, gets ignored, and its his fault? wow.

13. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    I have not purchased a car from FSF or FSV. I have had a lot of work done at FSF...on a Mondial no less. They were very happy to take my money. Lots of people say great things about Parris at FSV. They also say great things about Evan at FSF. I would call both and make appointments with each, personally. I took a much different approach in my car search. I found the car online myself and then approached the dealer who had it. I found that dealers weren't going to find a car for me. They just want to sell what they have. You are in luck if you want a 360. There are plenty available.

14. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Very true. I just looked at the FoSF inventory, and there are also quite a few pre-owned F430's available. Many of the '05s have gone or are going out of warranty. Wait another month or two and you should be able to pick up an F430 at further discounted prices. I've worked with Mark Paddack at FoSF who is the Maserati sales manager. I've known him for over 5 years.

15. fred997TT

fred997TT Karting

Mar 4, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Fred Courtot
    I too had a same experience. I had a scheduled test drive for the new Aston and waited 45 minutes. I couldn't wait any longer and asked for another sales person to give me a test drive and waited of course another 15 minutes.

I must say unless you already have a relationship with Paris, a new customer is not going to be treated with any good service. Seems like this has been too common and I for one will never buy from that dealership.

To me first impressions are important, and they clearly lost my business!

16. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I've dealt with FoSF again. Brad and Evan are the salt of the earth. You were probably dressed like someone who was wandering around. It's marin. W/o making yourself known to an actual salesman, how can you really be all that upset?

If you had a bad experience directly with one of them, then that of course merits bring upset and possibly airing your frustrations. Until you actually deal with one of them, it's rather presumptuous to say bad things about them.

And no offense, but there are plenty of people who show up "ready to buy." You might be one of them, you might not be, but you have to imagine that with the visibility they have and the openness with which they run their dealership - they tend to get a lot of lurkers and random people coming in and out.

I would give them another chance, go deal directly with one of the two, and then make your decision.

17. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    I called them ahead of time. I even told them the web link to who I was.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6468579473748403261&ei=UdDfSOTVLYb-qAPh_pT4Cw&q=xavior+tokyo

I was the only black hummer there.

I made it clear to the receptionist as the sales person was busy.

18. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Nick

How could he go to the FSF manager and tell him he was mistreated? The dealership closed on him. Why should he waste his time. There are PLENTY of Ferrari dealerships willing to sell to ANYONE right now. Ferraris and every other exotic are not the "hot commodity" right now and my only hope is that some of these D-bags that have been price gouging for the past few years will finally have to do some actually SELLING of their cars.......which will INCLUDE customer service for once.

19. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Do everyone a favor in the community who are tired of Ferrari dealerships who have acted all high and mighty for the last few years. These guys have forgotten what it was like in the 80s and early 90s when they were BEGGING people to buy their cars.

Go buy a car at a competitor (like a certain place in Los Gatos that seems to treat their customers well). Take a pic of you in the car smoking your cigar in it. Then frame it, sign it, and send it to the sales manager with a letter explaining what happened.

Then post pics of it all on FChat afterward.

20. ferrari.ace

ferrari.ace Karting

May 25, 2006
    So.Cal.
    Full Name:
    Adam Cox
    #20 ferrari.ace, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008

Silicon Valley Auto Group is the Aston Martin Dealership..... related to Symbolic Motorcar Co.... ("a certain place in Los Gatos that seems to treat their customers well").

Ferrari of Silicon Valley is the Ferrari Dealership.....related to the Ferrari family and Ferrari of Beverly Hills.

Parris works in the sales dept. for F of SV....

21. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #21 Huskerbill, Sep 28, 2008
    Why should he? There are plenty of places that are looking to sell to someone the first time.

It's time these guys actually start selling.

22. ferrari.ace

ferrari.ace Karting

May 25, 2006
    So.Cal.
    Full Name:
    Adam Cox
    #22 ferrari.ace, Sep 28, 2008

No excuses for the Factory owned store!!

They should be setting the standard for the dealer network in all respects, first and foremost in customer service.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain, form the kid pushing the broom to the GM, knows that your boss and paycheck is the customer and potential customer. Creating a better than average experience for them is a must, anything less is not acceptable.

I quit working for FSF because of the frequent turn over of GM's and negetive issues with customer service. My livelyhood is reliant on customer service

Ferrari of Silicon Valley is owned by one of the best customers FSF ever (had) and one of the best GM's FSF ever (had), who happens to be Enzo Ferrari's father.

23. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    Just SOP with those guys. What you forgot to tell them is that you have an envelope of cash, or some insider trading tips, etc. waiting for them.

If you want to use a Ferrari dealership in the Bay Area, I would use Parris at FoSV.

Steve

24. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper Formula Junior

Here is the thing.

You and your wife are are spending money.
    Trying to enjoy the experience.
    Trying to get what you want.
    You want to be satisfied when done.
    Most importantly you want to feel good.

I would presume you should ask yourselves these questions and assuming that the criteria are met, go where you want to go.
    Otherwise, there is always another time, go enjoy something else and don't even think about it.
    In other words, do not let it bother you.

25. frankyferrari

frankyferrari Karting

Mar 17, 2007
    Bay Area, california
    Full Name:
    Frank Malek
    Can't comment on FoSF but Parris at FOSV is the guy you want to deal with. I bought several Ferraris from him.

Best - Frank