195k for a 365BB sold on ebay | FerrariChat

195k for a 365BB sold on ebay

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 512bbnevada, Oct 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 512bbnevada

512bbnevada Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2007
    las vegas
    Full Name:
    Biff
    so much for falling prices thats good money $195k for a car that had a interesting life as a former koenig BB and is silver not resale red

2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Well, if you've followed a few discussions here you'll have seen how most of us (not including me) thought a car like this should be worth well over $200k, with even $250 mentioned.

I think this seller should be very happy with his result, I don't think you'll get a price like that a few months from now.

Onno

3. Beta Scorpion

Beta Scorpion Formula 3

Jun 22, 2006
    As a buyer or a seller?

4. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Seller.

5. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Im not one of them. The word restored gets thrown around too much and the definition of what it really means gets lost. That car was not restored, it was freshened up at best and I would say top dollar was paid, if not too much for that specific car considering its past. Myself I would have to restore that car after buying it which would add another $100K+ to the investment (labour being free, add another $100K if I paid someone to do it) so I would be upside down in that car.

6. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i think that is a fair comment about being freshened but i think it was still well bought.

7. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #7 geno berns, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
    I can sell these 365 Boxers all day long at around $200K!! Man what a bargain!

Gene.

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

gene,

i agree that these are 200k cars all day long if in nice shape. if in fully restored condition, i think they can bring north of 250k.

bill noone @ symbolic would also attest to being able to sell at those prices...william anast will also attest.

pcb

9. dr.mike

dr.mike Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Adams
    I didn't consider this a "restoration" it was more of a "correction". A severe case of "while we have it apart..."

I had intended to make this a good solid, and more or correct, "driver". Not a concourse car. Even though it had all the books/tools/etc. That's just my OCD on that matter. That's why I painted it Silver ( for me ) instead of (the original) Red. Which a proper restoration would have required.

As for the price. I guess the market determines. Some say it went too low. Some say it went to high. I honestly did not expect it to sell on ebay. I figured any real deal would take place after the auction closed. But everything went actually went according to script. An almost unheard of thing on ebay for a car in this range, as I understand it.

I would guess that in the last couple of weeks, the market may have softened a bit due to uncertainty. Hopefully I will be able to take advantage of the current weakness to pick up a new project. :)

10. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Main thing is that you're happy, Mike and I assume the buyer as well. Everybody wins!

Onno

11. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I, for one, would have really, really loved to have that one. I'l have to remember it as the one that got away.

It is, after all, not the first I ever knew, but the first that I was taken by.

12. Fontana

Fontana Karting

Dec 30, 2006
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Peter Markowski
    Is there a link to the car that sold on ebay?

I just did a dyno test on a former Konig 365BB and you can hear her roar at my site, click on the news section to see the youtube link

www.rpmvt.com

13. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig

Hi Stan,

P.M sent

Craig

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Two Boxer's in current Autoweek.......market correct I think......a '79 carb and a later injected car