Huge Thanks to Ferrari of Central New Jersey | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Huge Thanks to Ferrari of Central New Jersey

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by aleventhal, Sep 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Thank goodness we don't have such a bible in the law :D

2. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Since you have yet to post the amount of the discrepancy, I suspect it would reflect poorly on you even bringing it up.

Again, how much were you "overbilled" ?

3. 38RET

38RET Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    CENTRAL NJ
    #78 38RET, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
    Have you contacted FMofCNJ Service Dept since the service was performed & paid for.

4. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    jas i believe it must have been something big, we shall see

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    who be dat

6. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    #81 FJerry, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
    Amen Zach, CJ, Roger, Ti360, Greg, etc. I can't imagine a single reason to schedule a service appointment via the computer- especially if I am going to a place for the first time.

Jsanocki, right now you have what I feel is a lot of drama on here, in a somewhat memorialized record about a dealer that you have an open issue with. Maybe the issue is very large and worthy of 81 posts and 5 pages here (not including the first thread) or perhaps its is not so large and is a simple mix up you are making a big deal out of for some reason. Why not just share the issue with the group and remove any ambiguity.

All I can speak to is my own experience with this dealer. FoCNJ has always done right by me and if there ever were an issue I know it would be resolved immediately.

Best regards,
    Jerry

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003

can you imagine what the bello guy would have charged him for service

8. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    The first bello is free, thereafter there is an upcharge. :)

best regards,
    Jerry

9. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    I'm curious too.... are we talking thousands or hundreds?

10. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    How much were you overcharged? I'd be concerned if I was charged hundreds if not thousands over the estimate quote.

please let us know asap

best,

11. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Valid question, I'd certainly be peeved if it was a significant amount, if you're being ripped a new a--ho-e, you want to know it. I'd be really surprised if it was an insignificant amount, afterall, why all the drama?

12. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    First of all, I never started ANY of this drama....

Again, I am reaching out and getting the bill clarified. If I was charged extra because additional services were required which I was not made aware of (or noted on bill) the so be it, I have no issue paying it. What I do have an issue with is being quoted xxxx for a service, and having it performed and it turns out to be significantly higher.

Because so many people seem to be taking this personally, I will get it resolved and post my results by the end of the week.

Again I want to clarify, I have nothing personal against the dealership. They were nice, professional, and overall it was a good experience. My original scheduling of the service was quickly addressed second time around, so perhaps it was user error on my part. I never suggested it wasn't possible. And perhaps this is a similar case with my bill, but nothing out of the norm was performed (as far as I'm aware) so I don't see why any discrepancy occurred. And no, we aren't talking about a $10 shop charge for all the speculators out there!

13. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    how much were you overcharged?

14. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I'm far from the expert, but I am an actual Ferrari owner -- which on this particular forum of Ferrari Chat can be a bit of a rarity. I've had my fair share of dealer issues. Ferrari of Long Island didn't want to talk to me when I went in there to buy my first Ferrari 7 years ago -- they suggested I come back with my "dad". Wide World tried to pass off a heavily painted car as a "like-new, no-story, never-crashed" car -- when I finally got up there to see it a blind monkey could have seen the blend line. I've talked to dealers across the country and there's only 2 good ones that I trust:

1) Ferrari of Orange County (California)

2) Ferrari of Central New Jersey

Ferrari of Orange County won me over when I had my 355 in Newport and it died. They picked it up, towed it to their shop, diagnosed a fried ECU. They sent the ECU out to be replaced. Charged me a VERY pricey deposit to do the work. About a month later, they called up, said the ECU was back, the car was running great, and oh yeah -- it was a warranty repair. No charge. The previous owner had the ECU replaced under warranty in 1998 and was covered under warranty. Refunded all charges (even towing).

Ferrari of Central New Jersey has been the absolute best. I met those guys on a drunk dial during the Paris auto show when the F430 debuted. I was at press days in Paris and someone in the stand gave me their info and said, "If you want a new car without having to get in line, talk to a new franchise. Start with Roger Penske's shop in New Jersey. Brand new. Don't even have a building yet. And his manager is the best in the business." I've bought every Ferrari from them since. Sent in loads of customers. Used them exclusively for service. Things get done on time. Parts arrive when they say. Hell, cars arrive when they say (Find another dealer that can do that!). I've never been "over billed". Sure, things have cost more, but who knows what you'll find when you start pulling things a part... even on a routine service. Oh, and for the record, things have cost LESS, too.

In both cases, the dealers are smart, chill, and very focused on the customer. They've got strong factory relationships, unbelievable product knowledge and know how to get stuff done in the face of the Italian "I'll get to it tomorrow... Have a cappuccino..." culture.

15. BCS

BCS Karting

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ/NY
    Full Name:
    Bill
    So how much??

16. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    it depends on what you have in mind lol

17. Scuderia VA

Scuderia VA Karting

Oct 16, 2004
    So as to not hijack ALevental's original post on this thread...

THANKS FOCNJ!!! See you on November 2 if not sooner.

RP

18. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York
    How much? I think I missed it.

19. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Apparently the "overcharge" amount must have been so ridiclous he wont even disclose it after at least 5 people inquired. All that was stated is it wasnt $10, was it $11? $12? Dont be shy, you posted everything else, please do tell.

20. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    That would be ridiculous, maybe he should just block the "personal info" and scan the invoice and copy the e-mail he received and put this to bed once and for all. Proof talks, everything else is just bullshirt!

21. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    or an espresso ;-)

22. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    yeah...I posted everything else.... See how people attack you either way? So I am asked about my experience, and if you read back a couple of pages I posted it went well, but there was a discrepancy with the billing which I'm waiting to get resolved. Suddenly people blow up on me saying that I shouldn't badmouth the business until I get the facts straightened out...and how could I be so unprofessional...yadda yadda.

So I said...fine, lets wait until its resolved and THEN I'll give the details. Guess thats not good enough either....

23. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    You list your profession as RE Investments, are you sure that you're not really a politician, you seem to be a master at "not answering the question". It's not $10, OK, what is it, post up a copy of the e-mail "estimate", and a copy of the bill, feel free to cover any "personal" info, and let's put this to rest once and for all. Every poster here seems to be a "raving fan" of FOCNJ but you. If you've got a real beef, let's see it. I've got many friends that own Ferraris, one of these days I will too. In the mean time, I've already decided that when I purchase and service, I'll continue to make the drive to see the people at FOCNJ. I've learned from many of my friends experiences elsewhere, that sometimes it's worth the extra time to make the trip, pay a fair price to have the job done right, and be treated like a human being (sorry, make that like "family"). Good luck to you getting satisfaction, I say that because somehow, I don't think that anything can ever satisfy you.

24. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Next time that happens call me and I'll take you in.

25. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    +1