2008 Enzo + ? | FerrariChat

2008 Enzo + ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by icemanbops, Oct 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Gentlemen

Have not posted for a long time as business is crazy, however two important things have happened since my last post. I had the pleasure of taking delivery of a brand new Enzo in July of this year. Black/Black manufacture date April 2008. This car has used the last new engine and more importantly the last tub available to Ferrari. It is the only Enzo in the world with a Ferrari warranty and as far as I understand the only one that has been Classiche certified. This is the car that I could hand down to my son knowing the full history.

The car is truly wonderful, it drives differently to my red one which I love dearly. It actually looks very menacing. I will be posting some pics when I get back to Switzerland. At this point I must thank Napolis and Vince Bobba for all their aadvice and help in acquiring this historic Ferrari.

The other thing that happened I bought a Veyron today.

Take it easy guys.

Mike

2. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    You know you won't get away without posting pics, right? :D

Congrats on the acquisitions!

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mike, congratulrations...! I'm looking forward to your pictures...! Any chance you can tell us more about how this car is brand new...? Any chance you can tell us the serial number...?

4. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

May i ask, in what way do the 2 Enzo's drive differently?

congratulations by the way !

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Uh oh, NNO is going to want a VIN#.
    :rolleyes:

Congrats Mike.

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    See, isn't that just creepy? He beat me by two minutes.

:eek:

7. AX lover

AX lover Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Maybe a stupid question but I thought Ferrari only build 400 Enzo's and that the production stopped in 2004.

So is your car number 401? Or is it a chassis that they 'forgot' and it buildup only now?

8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    A 2008 Enzo? Ummmmmmm, sounds like bs to me.

9. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    #9 tx246, Oct 9, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
    is this the enzo that was broken down by ferrari and rebuilt that was for sale earlier this year? i assume it has to be, but am just curious.

the last new engine? that is a scary thought. i knew they were in VERY short supply based on a car that needed one two years ago, but i would think there would be a couple on the shelf. sure, they can always be remade, but it seems like a cheap proposition to have a couple sitting around "just in case"

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You remind me of that E-Trade commercial where the baby uses his extra savings to rent a clown and he goes, "I really underestimated the creepiness."

:)

Officially, Ferrari made 399 Enzos and production stopped in 2004. Then, Ferrari made one more, #400 of 399, as a gift for the pope. The pope asked Ferrari to sell it at the May, '05, auction at the factory, and donate the proceeds to the tsunami victims. But the reality of Enzo production is closer to 500. For the most part, Ferrari's practices are normal for a car manufacturer. But every once in a while, we see stuff like this. But they didn't 'forget' to build a car, or realize they had one more chassis laying around.

In most cases, I'd say you're right. But Mike's been a good contributor to FerrariChat, and considering all of the Enzo anomalies I've seen, I believe him.

11. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

Wow, congrats!!

12. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Congrats Mike.

I would love to see some photo's of your collection when you can, please. :)

13. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    SSNISTR

Man your 32 years old, made 4911 posts, why the negativity? Look at my history all the pics are there. Look at my post I thanked Napolis and Vince Bobba for their help in acquiring the car, these are respected members of Fchat, you calling them bull****ters as well?

Some of us are lucky enough to be living the dream and like to share with guys who are just like us but are still on their way to their dreams. The forum has helped me a number of times when the so called experts at Ferrari couldn't, this is a place for enthusiasts and I feel your comments are uncalled for, especially as you have no basis for them.

Grow up man, or spend your money buy a ticket and I would gladly give you a blast in either of my ENZO's or the Veyron or the F599 or the GT or the Phantom, or the etc, etc, etc....name the date!

Regards

Mike

14. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice repost Mike! :)

But where are the photos!!!!! :)

Oh - and congrats!!! Truly a spectacular family jewel to pass on through the generations!!

15. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Does this offer stand for other F-chat members? :D

Congrats on the 2 great additions to your growing collection! What color is the Veyron?

Cant wait for pics :D

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wait a minute, let me get this right. All I had to do was accuse you of lying and I could be on my way to Switzerland right now, getting ready to blast through Zürich or Geneva in a black Enzo...?

17. Boink

Boink Formula 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Delft
    Full Name:
    Ruud
    I'm already on my way. Only 9 hours driving :D

18. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Mike,
    Mike told me of this, was a bit vauge as he didnt know all the details after he spoke to you, when I heard it I thought????? But now you have confirmed it, sounds excellent! Congrats, must be awesome!

Best
    Michael James

19. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Please do post some pics of this car, i would love to see it!

BTW If calling you a liar gets a ride in your Enzo as NNO pointed out then you are the biggest stinking liar ever.

20. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    what is the total number of Enzos in existence? 399 built, plus one for the pope, plus a bunch of others, minus a bunch wadded up...is there an accurate, up-to-date registry out there?

21. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Considering the fact he mentions both Carbon and Napolis in his post and thanks them for their help only proves the truth.

Congratulations Mike! I look forward to pictures, as your time permits.:)

22. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    Congrats Mike ! Just took a look at your profile and you've got some amazing rides man !

Drive safe,

ZiadR

23. bjorn156

bjorn156 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    aaron
    pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The car is quite real. It's a Total Repair of a damaged Enzo done by Ferrari.

Minor point. I really can't think why it should drive/feel different. You may want to check tires, alignment, braces from suspension to rear bulkhead, etc.

Glad You're Happy!

25. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    This needs to be resolved.

Are there 500 individual Enzos (as some of us are knowingly informed) or is it 399 + 1, with 100 damaged cars (from the original 400) rebuilt by the works and assigned new chassis numbers? Or a combination thereof?

Cmon Ferrari, whats the story?