512BBi with Bell Exhaust Sound Clips | FerrariChat

512BBi with Bell Exhaust Sound Clips

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by billb, Oct 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billb

billb Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 4, 2001
    Shorewood, IL
    Full Name:
    Bill Badurski
    Finally got a couple of video clips of the Boxer with Bell exhaust. Posted on You Tube under:
    Ferrari Boxer- Bell Exhaust-1.mpg
    Ferrari Boxer- Bell Exhaust-2.mpg
    Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to post a link here.

2. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
  3. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Second link doen not work Bill. When did you buy the Bell silencer, did you buy it direct? I had one on my first boxer and am considering one for my present car. I have not heard anything i like more.

4. billb

billb Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2001
    Shorewood, IL
    Full Name:
    Bill Badurski
    Steve,
    Try the link again, worked for me. Actually, it was your video that prompted me to buy the Bell system. I bought it direct, last November. Took about two months to get it, but it does sound pretty nice. Seems as though it's gotten a bit louder after putting a couple hundred miles on it, but maybe it's just my imagination.

Thanks to redtrman for setting these links up.
    Bill B

5. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Bill,

Your Boxer looks and sounds great. I had my red 512 BBi out today with the new Larini stage 2 single canister silencer. It sounds very much like the Bell you have on your car. I actually drove in my car and than behind it and finally could evaluate the sound. The car sounds the best at over 4000 rpm and at idol.

Gene.

6. billb

billb Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2001
    Shorewood, IL
    Full Name:
    Bill Badurski
    Thanks Gene. We'll have to get the two of them together sometime. The video clips are the first time I've heard the car from an outside perspective.

7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Bill,

Excellent choice on the Bell! I, too, went with the Bell after hearing Steve's clips.

How was the fitment of the Bell on your BBi? I ask, as I had a bit of an issue with the Bell on my carbed BB. The first one they sent had incorrect exhaust inlets (the angles were totally off). The second set matched up fine (with a little bit of persuasion), however, the exhaust outlets were sitting bit too high so much so that they were contacting the bumper/exhaust apron (again, modified with a little bit of persuasion).

Cheers,

Sam

8. billb

billb Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2001
    Shorewood, IL
    Full Name:
    Bill Badurski
    Sam,
    The fit was almost spot-on. All pipe connections where they should be. Only issue was a lack of clearance on the left side outlets, where they were up against the rear valance. "A bit of persuasion" also was the remedy.
    Bill

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Thanks for your feedback! Given the sound of the Bell, I guess a bit of persuasion is a small price to pay :) ...

Enjoy your car and exhaust!

Cheers,

Sam