Social Security-------------------------- | FerrariChat

Social Security--------------------------

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tonyh, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Child support;
    The following are all replies that British women have
    put on Child Support Agency forms in the section for
    listing father's details. These are genuine excerpts from the forms.

Regarding the identity of the father of my twins,
    child A was fathered by Jim Munson. I am unsure as to
    the identity of the father of child B, but I believe that he was conceived on the same night.

I am unsure as to the identity of the father of my
    child as I was being sick out of a window when taken
    unexpectedly from behind. I can provide you with a
    list of names of men that I think were at the party if this helps.

I do not know the name of the father of my little
    girl. She was conceived at a party at 360 Grand Avenue
    where I had unprotected sex with a man I met that
    night. I do remember that the sex was so good that I
    fainted. If you do manage to track down the father can
    you send me his phone number? Thanks.

I don't know the identity of the father of my
    daughter. He drives a BMW that now has a hole made by
    my stiletto in one of the door panels. Perhaps you can
    contact BMW service stations in this area and see if
    he's had it replaced.

I have never had sex with a man. I am awaiting a
    letter from the Pope confirming that my son's
    conception was immaculate and that he is Christ risen again.

I cannot tell you the name of child A's dad as he
    informs me that to do so would blow his cover and that
    would have cataclysmic implications for the British
    economy. I am torn between doing right by you and
    right by the country. Please advise.

I do not know who the father of my child was as all
    squaddies look the same to me. I can confirm that he
    was a Royal Green Jacket.

Peter Smith is the father of child A. If you do catch
    up with him can you ask him what he did with my AC/DC CDs?

From the dates it seems that my daughter was conceived
    at Euro Disney maybe it really is the Magic Kingdom.
    So much about that night is a blur. The only thing
    that I remember for sure is Delia Smith did a program
    about eggs earlier in the evening. If I'd have stayed
    in and watched more TV rather than going to the party
    at 146 Miller Drive, mine might have remained
    unfertilised.

I am unsure as to the identity of the father of my
    baby, after all when you eat a can of beans you can't be sure which one made you fart

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    makes a great bumper sticker for the wonders of government hand-outs.

3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Hilarious. Revolting. Depressing.

Can people really be this stupid?

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

Yes, yes, yes .. and YES THEY CAN!!

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Heard an interesting stat on SS this morning. After all, it's an election year, so of course the dems have to roll out of mothballs that old "the repubs want to do away with SS" mantra to scare to blue-hairs and Depend-wearing crowd. Doesn't seem to matter they just got one of the biggest Medicare/Medicaid entitlement (giveaways) in US history thanks to a repub president... but I digress.

Nevertheless, the stat said that 50 years ago there were roughly 15 people paying into the fund for each recipient and as the population aged it has now become 4 (I think) and within 10 years it will be 2. something because baby boomers are retiring, dot.commers are retiring early, etc. Consequently, SS admin might have to raise the mandatory retirement age in order to ENSURE the SOLVENCY of the fund. Excuse me... what am I missing? Is this not the most in-your-face argument for the fact that SS is an AMWAY ponzi/pyramid scam? Why is is not dollar for dollar based upon what you put in over the course of your working life. Age of population or # of people contributing on the day you retire SHOULD NOT MATTER one iota!! If I have a Vanguard or whatever fund, started a age 35 and withdrawn in disbursements at 65, WTF does it matter if Vanguard has $1,2,3 or 100 billion under management at that time? It does not, because all along the way of those 30 years they were INVESTINGthe money and its ultimate value when I reach 65 is based upon the appreciation due to their savvy (or not) investment decisions during those 30 years. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER THEY ARE THE "IN STYLE" FUND WHEN I RETIRE!!!

Now I hear people saying... well the average life-expectancy is longer now. SO WHAT? Again, you cannot get aroung the fact that IF the money was invested, that would not matter. When the Fed wants to, it can invest very wisely to float bonds, tbills etc. and produce decent, sometimes, GREAT returns. Why not with SS? I'll tell you why, it's the dirty little secret Kerry won't tell the Dentu-Creme crowd: SS is nothing but an OFF-BUDGET line item slush fund for which Congress feels entitled to rob from Peter to pay Paul and they have from its inception. How much more clearly does it need to be demonstrated that WE the PEOPLE should invest that money? But you see, Uncle Sam/big brother doesn't think you have the brain power to do that (1929 etc.) so they devised this... a governmentally controlled and sanctioned PYRAMID scheme that will, mark my words, come tumbling down. Unless of course we get a run of libs in the WH and Congress who will use this as an excuse the tax everyone to death.

Everyone on the left loves Greenspan and HE is the one that has said the mandatory retirement age will need to be raised and benefits CUT.

6. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Tifosi: See the answers to the questions in the first post to see why WE (well, some of) the PEOPLE should not be trsuted to do ANYTHING!

I agree, SS should be in the hands of the workers. Can't believe how well off I would be at 65 if I has spent the last 20 years investing in ENRON, MCI, Lucent, WorldCom, Imclone etc.

Even so, I believe most people could do much better investing their own retirement accounts, I know I would like to have the option. Stocks, bonds etc. almost always proove to excellent long term investmants AS LONG AS YOU DIVERSIFY!