308/328 poster?? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

308/328 poster??

Discussion in '308/328' started by st@ven, Oct 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    That might be the aircraft displayed at Fiorano. Some time ago Gillies Villeneuve raced a similar jet down a runway and won!. The aircraft on display was donated by the Italian Air Force (and yes, it's red)

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    That photo sure does look familiar.

3. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    #53 4RE42, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
    Remember that I DO NOT have the pics, I am merely trying to compile the list of those interested. Once we find someone with both prints, we can figure out what to do next (ie. number needed, price, money transfer, shipping, other logistics etc ).

Meant to fly:
    1. Geary328
    2. Chrmer3
    3. 4RE42
    4. Wizig -- are you in??
    5. sigmacars
    6. flyingboa
    7. st@ven
    8. mike996 (two total)
    9. gerry328

wine bottle, woman, beautiful Ferrari:
    1. BwanaJoe
    2. 4RE42
    3. flyingboa
    4. st@ven
    5. dfratini
    6. sigmacars

****flyingboa, you said 100% in, so I put you on both lists

*****jimpo1 stated he has the "man was meant to fly" He may help us.

******I do NOT know who has the wine bottle, woman, Ferrari poster. We need to find someone who has it.

PLEASE READ: IMPORTANT - I don't have these nor am I selling them. We are just trying to find out who would be interested, if we can find the prints, somehow copy them and then have them hanging on our garage walls. THIS IS JUST PRELIMINARY. We should not get our hopes up. I also DO NOT know how much this would cost.

**** Other ideas and suggestions are being accepted now.

Michael Brown

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    OK one Wine bottle, lady,3x8 for me

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  6. djh2627

djh2627 Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2008
    Weston, FL.
    Full Name:
    David
    Im in for both

7. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Both fine for me.

I can paypal whenever or check if whoever doing legwork has no paypal acct
    Chris

8. wise3

wise3 Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Ward Orndoff
    I'm in for Meant to Fly

9. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I have both. I can try to take a photo, but 6mp is the best I can do. I can tell you that the the 'decisions decisions' poster (wine/woman/car) does NOT photo well, it's too dark. I've tried before. "Meant to Fly" is more likely to come out well. A skilled photographer with the correct lights would probably help, I'm just a guy that knows how to push the button.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Probably best to unframe the originals and use them for the scan, Jimpo......

11. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    Jimpo1 - that is great. I think Bigtex is correct. It would be best to actually scan them but two problems with that.

1. How does one find a copy/scan/photo place near where you live that has the capability to scan these images and perhaps print them out????

2. Will this place mentioned in number 1 above ignore the little "copyright" label down in the corner?

Actually, number 3, now that we found Jimpo1, I think we (Fchatters interested in these posters) need to reward Jimpo1 for his efforts. This could really be a BIG pain in the old #$$ for him. (getting them out of the frame, not bending/ripping them, squeezing them into his white 87 328 with the 3 women (see profile), paying for gas, finding the copy place, not getting arrested for copyright violation, all Fchatters chipping in 100.00 to bail out Jimpo1, all Fchatters chipping in another 500.00 each for legal/court costs etc etc - and then no posters .... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH the stress the stress)

At least we have step one done: We located BOTH posters

Step Two: Seeing if Jimpo would be willing to help???

Again, ideas and suggestions welcome.

Michael Brown

12. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    Update:

Meant to fly:
    1. Geary328
    2. Chrmer3
    3. 4RE42
    4. Wizig -- are you in??
    5. sigmacars
    6. flyingboa
    7. st@ven
    8. mike996 (two total)
    9. gerry328
    10. djh2726
    11. wise3

wine bottle, woman, beautiful Ferrari:
    1. BwanaJoe
    2. 4RE42
    3. flyingboa
    4. st@ven
    5. dfratini
    6. sigmacars
    7. miketuason
    8. djh2627
    9. chrmer3

****flyingboa, you said 100% in, so I put you on both lists

*****wade, does this mean you want both???

PLEASE READ: IMPORTANT - I don't have these nor am I selling them. We are just trying to find out who would be interested, if we can find the prints, somehow copy them and then have them hanging on our garage walls. THIS IS JUST PRELIMINARY. We should not get our hopes up. I also DO NOT know how much this would cost.

**** Other ideas and suggestions are being accepted now.

Michael Brown

13. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Thanks Michael but I was only offering some suggestions. Car-wise I'm looking for a blk/tan Mondial Coupe.

14. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'd like both as well.
    Maybe unframed, they could be taken to Kinko's and scanned, then charge us something for the scanned file, then we could each take just the file to Kinkos, to have them printed. (I think they can print from a file, I know Wal-Greens can)
    That way no shipping costs.

15. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Good idea.
    Scan them then let everyone have the digital file so they can choose a size to suit their use when it comes to printing.

16. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    That is a GREAT idea. That file would be one whopping big butt file. I guess we could all send a recordable DVD. Jimpo1, what do you think about all this nonsense desire for "just a couple of posters from the 80's?"

Once we all had the file, we would each have the option to have whatever size we wanted - custom.

We also need one whopping big butt scanner!!!!

Michael Brown

17. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    thanks spiderseeker and modeler. Your input is very helpful. mb

18. blockhead

blockhead F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2008
    rock {me} hard place
    Full Name:
    knight who says "ni"
    I am in for BOTH! Thanks, guys!

Dave

19. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    #69 mike996, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
    A scan would be the best way. You could take a pic with a dig camera but that won´t produce as good a result unless you are very careful about lighting to ensure no reflections and also ensure the camera is perfectly square with the print when taking the photo. Do NOT use the widest angle setting of the lens - set it at around the equivalent of 60mm in 35mm format. That setting will vary depending on the camera.

If shot with a camera, 6MP is fine IF its a digital SLR as long as the image fills the frame and it is shot in the highest resolution available on the camera. If it´s a point/shoot camera, forget it regardless of what the MP rating is.

Either way you could then send the buyer the dig scan/photo. Just tell me where/how to send the money (meant to fly) and I´ll do it today!

20. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    ** I'm not sure how big the file would be but it could be uploaded to a website and we could each download it, at our leisure. (overnight if it's a huge file)
    I think a scanned image would be far greater resolution (quality), than any photo.

21. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    Uploading the scanned image for both poster would be less a pain in the rear than trying to copy 20 files onto DVD's. A scanned file could be 300 MB right?

Jimpo1, what are the dimensions of the two posters that you have. Given the sizes, I volunteer to go to Kinko's and poke around asking questions. I could take another image into be scanned and print it out. Does anyone want a copy of my wife's Viper poster? Just kidding, you can get it on ebay.

Once we come up with final plan, we could all simply send Jimpo1 a money order and he could proceed. Jimpo1, do you have any ideas on how you would want to do that. Have you even agreed to take on this project??????

Thanks, Michael Brown

22. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I don't mind trying to help, but not sure what the best approach is. I'd think that scanning the poster(s) would make the most sense, but I'd guess a place with a large enough scanner might give me grief about copyright issues. I DO own the poster so I might have some rights about owning the digital image of it? No idea. Also not sure where to find a scanner big enough.

As far as size, the 'Decisions decisions' poster is probably a little larger, but neither are over 3'x2'. I haven't measured. I'll try to do it, but add it to the list of stuff Jim needs to do.

I DO have a 6mp Canon SLR camera, but I am NOT a photographer. I can make an attempt to line up the poster in the frame thingy and I can push the button, but I'm guessing that I'll have glare problems, angle problems, etc. I can probably set up a tripod to try to get everything 'square', but not sure to handle the glare issue. Probably not a big deal with the 'meant to fly' poster, but it will suck on the other one.

23. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    I'd like 2 copies of the decisions decisions poster if its possible please , I have a customer who has been searching for years for this and think it would make a nice gift for him , if it can be done can someone be kind enough to PM/email me please as i don't have time to follow the forum much these days,
    Cheers
    Dave [email protected]

24. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    #74 Gerry328, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
    While not an expert in digital photography, it seems just taking a photo of the posters will not result in the quality needed to reporduce them in the quality needed. As I understand it, the issue is complex and relates not just to the MP rating but the size of the image sensor, lighting, flatness of the subject, etc. A big MP rating on a camera with a small image sensor will result in a low quality image. Further, the image format would need to be raw to get the maximum quality.

As an example, my car was photographed professionally for an article in Motor Trend Classics. I was able to get a digital copy of the photos from MTC, and the jpeg files were over 25 meg each. I expect the raw image file was much bigger.

It seems the only way to do this is by using an expert of some sort. Which means someone how has the originals is also willing to go through the time and effort to find someone to get the job done correctly. I would be happy to buy a high quality digital copy on a disk and then get it printed locally.

25. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    #75 mike996, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
    Using a tripod and framing the poster so it takes up the entire viewfinder would probably work falrly well. A jpeg will be OK, use the largest resolution avialable - probably won't produce a file larger than a couple of MB. Best way to light it would be too take it outside and place the poster (removed from the frame/glass) upright on an easel in the shade. Overexpose it at least a full stop from what the camera wants to do, otherwise the white paper will appear as gray. Worst case? It won't look as good as you'd like and you've wasted some time. But you will most likely be surprised at how good it actually looks.

Scanning - Kenkos or whoever is not going to care what you are copying. Normally, you can make any number of copies of something you own for your own use so they really have nothing wrong with that anyway.

SELLING images made from a copyrighted item is, of course, totally illegal...

Again, if anyone out there has Photoshop (I no longer have/use it) a new version of that poster could easily be produced using stock photos available easily and free on the internet.