308/328 poster?? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

308/328 poster??

Discussion in '308/328' started by st@ven, Oct 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    You'll get some distortion with the camera. Its correctable in photoshop or the whole thing can be recreated in photoshop but that's all a lot of unnecessary mucking about. I'm no 2D wizz, 3D guy me, and can see how it could be done if you really were up to that much effort.
    Better getting them scanned. The files will be correctly colour corrected and will print out without issues if scanned by any reputable print shop. They'll be distortion free.
    Get them in the highest resolution the scanner is able and we'll be able to put that up for those who want it and a jpeg for those who just want a straight poster printed.
    We could put the files up on mediafire or similar. With the url posted here in the thread everyone will be able to download directly.
    I have photoshop if any file manipulation is needed but I'm sure so do many of us, so what ever is conveiniant.

2. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio

For sure I am in for both. I see many ideas on how to do, I am not into poster reproduction or any similar activity, so regrettably I cannot contribute to the discussion. I can only hope that someone will be able to find a good solutin...
    Ciao
    Eugenio

3. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    Hey guys (and gals if any)

Been very busy for the last few days. I have an old 328 poster from the 80's (NOT the ones to which we have been referring) and will attempt to scan it at Kinko's tomorrow. I think the only real QUALITY option is to scan. I will let you know how it works.

Michael Brown

4. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree scanning the best method. I would imagine any business that deals with imaging should easily be capable of a disc or copies quite easily?

5. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    looking forward to vthe results michael

6. aquavette

aquavette Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    Euless, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Shoot me a pm with an e-mail address. I would like to get this photo and try some large format prints from it on our 64in wide machines.

7. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    Ok guys (and gals)

I went to Kinko's yesterday. Took in a Ron Kimble Fcar print from the 80's. Told them I just wanted to scan it and reprint it bigger for my garage - ONLY 1 copy for personal use. They immediately shut me down and said no - because of the copyright at the bottom of the poster. They gave a copyright "permission" form. I can scan it if any of you want that. HA HA HA.

So, where are we now? Good news, we have a bunch of people interested but still have logistic problems. I think we can all agree that scanning IS the answer but not sure how we will do it. We could continue to attempt to find someone to scan the two images (man meant to fly and the wine, woman, Ferrari posters) OR attempt to get permission (using the special copyright forms) from the original copyright people. Good luck actually finding the people responsible for that.

Earlier, someone mentioned that the "man was meant to fly" - fighter plane/fcar poster was from a Texas Ferrari dealership. Jimpo1, does that actually have a copyright disclaimer on it anywhere. If not, we are in business for that one. I am sure the wine, woman and fcar poster does have a copyright disclaimer and will be more difficult to track down the owner.

Again, any ideas are welcome.
    Sorry to not have good news here - Don't shoot the messenger; I am trying.

Michael Brown

8. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    for some strange reason i think over here this would not have been a problem. As a student i took lots of stuff, books and papers to ther local copyshop to get it copied "for personal use"
    Never a problem.

What's our next move now, any suggestions?

As starter of this tread my intention was to get a couple of nice posters for my garage (and living) If copyright issues are getting in the way of reproduce some existing posters we might make our own. In one of the earlier treads i posted i nice picture my wife made of my 328. Meanwhile i prepared this picture to act as poster on A0 format. Just adding a title and some technicals in one corner. It actally looks great!
    ( i will put it here this afternoon)
    Obvioulsy more people will probably have some very nice pictures of their cars. We might considder making a small nice-to-have's collection to choose from.
    For me, copyright won't be an issue. I'would be proud having my car on a wall somewere in the world!

9. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Yeah, I'm also surprised re the copying thing - I have copied all sorts of items that are copyrighted. If you copy a page out of a book you have done the same thing. Too bad :(

10. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein

Will they scan it and give you the jpg?

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I may have a line on a big scanner, a girl I work with has a hubby in the architecture/design biz. Surely they have something.

The "Meant to Fly" poster has no VISIBLE copyright stuff on the front, but I'm going to have to take it out of the frame to be sure. I may try to do it this weekend.

12. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    * That's great news !
    keep us informed.

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Bad idea to go 'corporate' use a Mom and Pop shop........;)

14. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    +1

The local printer.

15. blockhead

blockhead F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2008
    rock {me} hard place
    Full Name:
    knight who says "ni"
    Maybe someone out there would be willing to just design a better (and legal)
    "Decisions, decisions" poster?

Should be easy enough to come up with the first two if you have the third. ;)

16. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I'd like to get a copy of each poster, hope I'm not too late to add my name to the list....

17. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    hey, bigtex,

we don't really have a ma and pa outfit here. You are probably right about the corporate thing. I wonder what would have happened if the bottom 3 mm of the entire poster was "accidently" missing (including the copyright info). Incidently, Kinko's said $7.00 per foot square foot for scanning price and printing price (NON glossy) was also $7.00 per S foot.

Hopefully, Jimpo1 has some good luck with the scanner. Well I guess we are making progress. Even if Jimpo1 is able to scan both posters, it would then be our responsibility to get them printed. Also, we still need to reward Jimpo1 for his efforts. It will be a pain in the @$# to remove the posters from the frames etc etc etc.

Michael Brown

18. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #93 jimpo1, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok boys and girls, here's my feeble attempts at photo's of the posters. I realize that there's some overlap on the outsides, but even a computer non-geek like me can crop a photo. Still having glare problems with the DD poster.

Taking these out of the frames is going to be a PITA.

I have also verified that the 'meant to fly' poster was indeed a product of the Dallas Ferrari dealership. It's in writing across the bottom, though I don't see (yet) any copyright info.

I have them all in 6mp hi-res if anyone wants a copy, let me know and I'll email it to you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Jim,

Add me to the list for both.

Thanx.

I PM'd you my email for the jpgs.

20. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've sent a few emails out, if any of you are able to get them cleaned up and 'usable', please send me a copy of the updated file.

I'd hoped to get to a print shop this morning, but had a sick kid so got to spend some time at the Dr's office. Will keep it on the radar.

21. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Keep in mind the original "Man was Meant to Fly" poster was wider by a couple of inches, I had the damaged corners cropped off in order to save the poster. Take good care of it, Jim.

22. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    No worries Will, it's loved! :) Did you have the poster mounted to the foamcore, or did it come that way when you got it? I've looked at this afternoon, and taking it out of the frame really wont' accomplish much, it's matted to the foamcore with the no glare plastic finish. I'll have to find a flatbed scanner that's pretty big in order to scan it.

Tillman, is yours mounted too?

23. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I had it mounted to the foamcore by a local photography shop.

24. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I just took mine apart. It's been reframed in a nice aluminum housing. It is mounted to foamcore, but there's nothing over the image itself. Mine does have some slight damage to the image and a bit of fading on the SF logo, probably nothing that a good photochop dude can't fix. No copyright notice that I can find.

I'll see about taking it to a scan shop sometime late next week.

25. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    Jim ,
    you have PM