UBISOFT FARCRY2 will not unlock? | FerrariChat

UBISOFT FARCRY2 will not unlock?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by thecarreaper, Oct 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    any other gamers on here? i preordered my farcry 2 game and it arrived several days ago.

been busy with the Ferrari and other things and finally opened and installed it tonight.

damn thing keeps saying it cant unlock the game?

anyone else have this issue?

while i am on my soapbox, this bullsheet with having to activate games you have paid for to work better end, or i aint buying this stuff anymore.

its as if " we have your money, we dont care if it works" has taken over.

thanks for any help. i did not see anything on ubisofts website.

2. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

You can try this link from ubisoft and that might do it for you.

Alternatively you could go use the crack that pirates released to remove the need for serial and activation.

And yes this bull**** should stop, but it won't stop because the publishers need to look like they are doing "something" to combat piracy. Not that what they do will ever actually combat piracy in a meaningful way if it can be circumvented within a week of the games release.

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Yep, DRM only stops people from stealing that don't steal in the first place. It just keeps rightful owners from using what they paid for. Look on any torrent and you'll see all the latest games, even DRM protected ones but with the DRM stripped out.

4. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thanks, it took 7 tries for the Ubisoft unlock code to work, as generated from their own website. i know the companies need to protect their property to an extent, but making everyone suffer is just wrong, and its going to cost them customers.

i saw the torrent cracks, but i did not want to go that route for something i bought legitimately.

5. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Glad you got it working. I got it a couple of days ago too, and I have been playing ever since.. Awesome game :D

6. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    The publishers know for several years now that they can't prevent their games being cracked. All those copy protections are only for *delaying* the release of a crack - if the first crack is released one or even two weeks after the game release, the publishers pop the corks!

7. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    :) i am now a farcry 2 addict! :)