Avila Beach (San Luis Obispo, CA) Concours and Rally OCT 23-26 | FerrariChat

Avila Beach (San Luis Obispo, CA) Concours and Rally OCT 23-26

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by F114B, Aug 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    Now Monterey Car week is over and the real fun begins!! Please come join us at the 2nd Annual Avila Beach Concours d' Elegance and Rally. This event is for the benefit of Hospice San Luis Obispo. www.avilabeachconcours.com. We are located half way between San Francisco and Los Angeles (101FWY and PCH).
    Our event last year was a huge success and this year we have extended the event and are offering more!!
    Please visit our website for the schedule of events and entry info.
    Here is the tentative event schedule. We have an organized drive scheduled for Friday October 24 from the Ferrari of Silicone Valley in Redwood City as we did last year. Since we are starting on Thursday this year we may organize an additional drive on Thursday October 23.

Oct 23rd: Marque event at Downtown San Luis Obispo during our famous Farmers Market.
    The Historic Fremont theater is open only to our participants and Monterey Street will be closed to show case our cars and food and wine from our local restaurants and wineries will be available. We will be showing some classic car movie and footages.

Oct 24th: Timed Rally (150miles) through the Northern San Luis Obispo County. Then a party/ dinner at the Historic Santa Margarita Ranch, ride on the original Disneyland train and taste some local wine while on the train!! It's party time with live music and traditional Santa Maria style BBQ!!

Oct 25Th: Tour of the Central Coast. Drive through the Central coast wine region, stopping at one of the premium winery and lunch stop in Downtown San Luis Obispo, creating a casual car show atmosphere (streets will be closed for our cars). Gala Dinner Party and benefit auction at the Avila Beach Golf Resort.

Oct 26th: Concours at the Avila Beach Golf Resort. We offer a Vintage Ferrari Concours judged by the qualified FCA Judges. ( Ferraris are judged up to the 355 model, all newer cars can be signed up for the display category).
    We offer wine tasting (we had more than 30 wineries last year and we have more this year!!), foods from our local restaurants and more!! Located right next to the Beach, you can hop over to the Beach!!

2. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    #2 F114B, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good memories.
    You know I will be going. Already have my hotel reservations.

4. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It'll be a great show. I'm looking forward to it!:)

5. blackwood

blackwood Formula 3

Dec 15, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

6. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Looking forward to this event. Nice location, and strangely about the same distance from my front door to Cars & Coffee or SLO.

FYI, I don't recommend the Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort. Stayed there with the wife earlier this year and the property is lacking the ammenities you would expect for a room in the $150-$250 per night range.

7. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    Sycamore Resort has been informed of your concern and it will be taken care of. We recommend staying at one of their Suites. They are much nicer.
    We do have many hotels to choose from this year. Please take a look at our website for more hotel info.

www.avilabeachconcours.com

8. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
  9. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    This is right in my backyard and I will be racing in the La Carrera Panamericana in Mexico. Is it possible to move the date one weekend in either direction (LOL)

10. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I'm up at Cal Poly SLO now and would love to go to this event. Only thing is... I don't have a car up here, not even a bike. Anyone want to come pick me up from my dorm? :D

11. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    Call Hospice office listed on the website. You can become a volunteer for the show and someone will come get you!!

12. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    The event sign-up deadline is approaching fast!! You don't want to miss this event! 4 days of fun parties and fun drives.
    Please visit our website and sign up!! www.avilabeachconcours.com.
    Remember guys, this is for "Hospice".

The caravan will be leaving from the Auto Gallery in Calabasas, Oct 23rd at approx. 11:00AM (TBA).

13. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    We need more entries for our event coming up in October!! Why don't you guys get out of the traffic jammed roads and drive up to the Central Coast Wine Country and really "Drive" your cars? Ask anyone who came to the event last year!! We have one of the most fun roads in the state of California!! Come up and see it and experience it yourself!! AND all this for a good cause!! Avila Beach is located approximately 180miles North of Los Angeles. There will be an organized drive from the Auto Gallery in Calabasas on the 23rd of October.

www.avilabeachconcours.com

14. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'd have to agree, the roads were great along with the drives. First class event and for a great cause. :)

15. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    Thanks!! It will be a fun weekend for sure. We are getting a lot of entries now.

16. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I don't want to have to work hahaha but hmm maybe I'll find someone on campus that has a car. :D

17. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast

If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at our event please contact Chris or Katie at Hospice office. Their number is listed on our website under "contact us".
    We have some students from Cal Poly helping us on the event.

18. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    Registration has been extended until the 20th. It's not too late to join the fun!! Please sign up and join the caravan from the Auto Gallery on the 23rd!!

19. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    The Avila Beach Concours Caravan will depart from the Auto Gallery on the 23rd. Breakfast for the registered cars will start at 9:00am.
    We all need to thank Tony and Obi for their support.

20. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thank You Obi and Tony.
    Wes, you are up too early in the morning.

21. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    No, I did not go to sleep last night. Too many stuff to do before the event..... But its shaping up to be a VERY VERY Cool event!!

We have a good size field for the Timed Rally and This would be the signature event from now on!!

22. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    2 more days to go!! You can still sign up by calling Katie at Hospice. (805)704-0290!!

23. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #23 luv2detail, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was a nice day today at Avila Beach. A few familiar faces and lot of great cars.:) A few of my favorites, 1961 250 TR, 575 Super America, a Lusso, 1999 355 Serie Fiorano #8, and Tino's 1967 275 GTB4 that won Best of Show here last year. John Corbani's Dino was looking great, as well as MrTheKid's Scud. This was my first year, and I'm looking forward to going again next year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. JustAl

JustAl Karting

Dec 23, 2005
    I didn't get to see the show, but you guys certainly made my drive back down to San Luis Obispo today a much better ride. Nothing like seeing a Ferrari every 15 minutes! The gray Scud (MrTheKids?) is very stealth, I was staring at the Red CS driving behind it for a few seconds before I even realized the Scud was there. Good looking cars guys!

25. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What a great four days.
    Jason, nice seeing you there today.