Avila Beach (San Luis Obispo, CA) Concours and Rally OCT 23-26 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Avila Beach (San Luis Obispo, CA) Concours and Rally OCT 23-26

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by F114B, Aug 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    I would like to thank all of you guys for supporting us. It was a huge success!! We will have a first meeting for 2009 event next week!!
    I would like to start a new thread about the event and the photos. Thank you agai and see you all next year.

2. 07F430Spider

07F430Spider Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Wesley-

I wanted to thank you for all your help in making this event as successful as it was; a 4-day weekend I won't forget! Thanks for your help with AAA and the tires on our fabulous unofficial run during my blow out.

Christian-

3. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    Christian,

Thank you for coming and supporting our event. We had a blast and we are already planning for the next year's event. Nov 7th is our first meeting for the 2009 Avila Beach event!! We will post our new dates as soon as we know.

4. Phat Daddy

Phat Daddy Rookie

Oct 30, 2008
    N. California
    Full Name:
    Phat Daddy
    The drive was great. I enjoyed keeping Jon and his Cayman company at the back!

5. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    Thanks!! I am planning on a teaser event for the 2009 Avila Beach in May 2009. I will let you know the details soon!!

6. 07F430Spider

07F430Spider Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Great idea, can't wait to hear about it!

7. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Slow getting the pictures organized but here is the link to today's Dino Saga:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220441
    Had a great time. Lovely setting and exceptional turn out. Looked at the pictage.com web site and looks like everyone had just as good a time on the early days. Look forward to #3. Thanks to all.
    John

8. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Jeff

9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #34 synchro, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #35 synchro, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Went to Cars and Coffee Irvine today and had a great time. Met a bunch of nice people, rare cars, and really enjoyed the nice facilities.

After making the rounds, I returned and hung around the Dino for some socializing. Shortly thereafter I saw a gentleman with a dog that was part German Shephard come up to the Dino and the dog was going absolutely crazy. Nose to the ground, scanning hard from the front to the rear of the Dino, rapidly pacing and returning again and again then focusing near the exhaust. This keen canine was definitely on a hunt. The gentleman turned to me and said "he never does this unless there's an animal around. You must've gotten something under your car".

I thought hard and recalled that enroute to Avila Beach I had ran over a bloody mess of prior roadkill. It had been a mound of flesh on the road with no distinguishable parts, but there was a lot of blood on the road.
    As we bent down to look at the exhaust where teh dog had been attracted to, I could see dried blood had splashed and then dripped onto the Tubi. I guess I should clean it off, but it has dried and started to flake so my work might be easier if I just leave it...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login