1967 Plymouth GTX in family since new | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1967 Plymouth GTX in family since new

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by gerard.hansen, Oct 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    outstanding thread!

2. Hemiragtop

Hemiragtop Karting

Nov 5, 2004
    The original color combo was white the copper interior? Very nice. When the car was given a color change to blue, did they leave the copper interior in or did they change it out? I only ask because finding original copper interior pieces is not going to be an easy task. I think once it is restored back to original it will look killer. Is it a console car? Post some interior pictures. I have been collecting & restoring Mopars since I'm 14 yrs old (currently 38) I still have my first car I bought & drive to high school back in the day, 1969 GTX convertible, 4 speed car. If you need help ith anythingefeel free to email me.

P.S One site you should check out is www.moparts.com, it is the best Mopar web forum around. Best of luck with the resto. Here are a few pictures of my 66 Hemi Belvedere convertible, I had it completely restored and like your self I have all the ownership history, paper work etc. The Mauve Metallic paint is the original color.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    that is a ramcharger hood. the air grabber was not available till '70.

4. gerard.hansen

gerard.hansen Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
  5. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Since new, very cool. This year Im with my 69 RR for 33 years.:) Bought it when I was 18.

6. It was white, black top, red interior. It has the rare Hemi delete option :).

7. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
  8. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    #33 gerard.hansen, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Hannah

Hannah Karting

May 7, 2005
    Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    Hannah
    Looks great!! Love the Red Lines...interior is beautiful...really nice job.
    Reminds me a lot of my old '67 Satellite. Drive it in good Mopar health

10. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Thanks for the comments, I took the window sticker off of it when I was 13. I am glad that my brother tucked it away and that it even was a surrivor of Katrina. He lives on the west bank of New Orleans and didn't flood. Just a few more small things to go on like the sunvisors and the orginal AM radio and it is done.

11. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Very cool, thanks for the update! Enjoy it

12. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Scuderia Santo Luigi Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    That GTX is beautiful! The collection of paperwork, registration, plates, etc. is also very impressive!

I'm glad Katrina spared this beauty, and it's great to see that you're restoring it to its original condition!

13. Counilmanmark

Counilmanmark Rookie

Jul 12, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Councilman Mark
    Jim, the GTX was the ultra upgrade in trim from the Roadrunner. The Satellite was the car with the extra upgraded interior and trim that your Father would have bought you in 1967 to keep you from getting the H.P 440 engine or the Hemi. Those were the only two engine options for the GTX in 1967. The Satellite could likely have been Special ordered with either of those engines but most showroom models had the 318 or if you got lucky a 383. Manual transmissions are rare to nonexistent in the Satellites. Today, many are being cloned into GTX's. There were also many more Satellite's in convertible mode. I think the 67 GTX was the most beautiful year of them all.

14. Counilmanmark

Counilmanmark Rookie

Jul 12, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Councilman Mark
    Nothing to laugh at. I wish I had one. Those Magnum 500 wheels should be the ones on that beautiful GTX. You guys are motivating me to get out into my garage and finish my Cuda. It's a 340 4 Spd. I redid the engine about 7 years ago. Painted engine compartment while it was out. Found a NOS Mr. Norms kit and put a Paxton Supercharger on it. Redid the interior and still needs exterior paint. I am second owner. Car has 70,000 miles on it.

15. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    I thought about a set of Magnum 500's but those wheel covers were how the car was built and are the actual ones that came on the car new, so since I wanted to keep it as built, they are on the car.

Cuda 340 4 speed is a real nice combo. I almost bought a AAR in 70. Get going on that resto!!

16. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    I am with you keep it original. Very nice car you have! Muscle cars and Street Rods are gobs of fun and you meet lots of great people when you are out cruising.....

17. beepx2

beepx2 Formula 3

Jan 26, 2009
    North Carolina
    #42 beepx2, Nov 29, 2011
  18. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    That's great!!!

19. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Gerard.....

Looks great man !!

When will be seeing some time slips ?

20. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Thanks.Glad you like the way it came out. No plans to beat on it at the strip. It was only raced one time at the track, lots of runs on the street back in the day. I drove it when I was a senior in high school and raced a friend's 71 Charger R/T almost every day at lunch!

21. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Hey, I know I'm "late to the party" here, but what a nice thread. I just joined this forum and it's refreshing to meet others with a "cross-over" interest in both US and European classics.

I've owned the attached '67 Satellite convertible with a factory 383 big block for 10 years. The car is stock except for a Carter AVS 4bbl that got me down to 15.49 in the 1/4mile. It's one of 107 Satellite's built w/383. We also have a '65 big block Satellite hardtop just coming out of a restoration. Fun stuff. My other weakness is Italians, so I'm here to browse..

Cheers, -Art

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
  23. ilconservatore

ilconservatore F1 Veteran

May 18, 2009
    Cincinnati Ohio
    #48 ilconservatore, Jul 24, 2012
    Gerard,
    Great thread and car, I missed it until now. Thanks for sharing all the vintage photos.

Wow, light group and stripe package together? Is it original paint?
    Any other options - 26" radiator, axle package...? Love it!

here's a couple of my beaters from over the years

68 Polara wagon, daily driver 383-4bbl
    70 Superbee, 383-auto
    69 Newport, stolen and found at the scrapyard.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login