1999 360 "gotchas" and Advice needed | FerrariChat

1999 360 "gotchas" and Advice needed

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Theplanet, Nov 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Theplanet

Theplanet Rookie

Jan 24, 2008
    Looking at a nice 99 360 Coupe. One owner car. six speed. It appears to have been well cared for w/maintenance done etc. One concern, on all the service records...I noticed lots of "recalls" is this normal for Ferrari, or just big on the 99's Heading into Ferrari territory from Porsches and try to get smart fast. Would appreciate any and all input.

Thanks for the help!

2. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
  3. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Welcome. It's good you have seen the light and found your way from the dark side. ;) 1999 was the first year of a revolutionary model. Lots of bugs to iron out. The fact that there are "lots" of recalls done is a good thing, not a bad thing. IMO, it indicates that the owner babied the car and took advantage of every opportunity to have it worked on.

4. Theplanet

Theplanet Rookie

Jan 24, 2008
    thanks for the replies so far guys. the car i'm looking at is a one owner 99, owned until recently. he Spent 18K on new clutch, belts etc and service before trading to a local dealer..... 12K miles Owner is from santa cruz....anbody know this car?

5. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

I have a 99 and it's the strongest of all the Ferrari's I have owned. (had an 00 and an 04) The recalls are NOTHING to worry out....be excited to know they are already done, its a sign of an owner who took care of the car. 1 owner car with service records and recalls done .....sounds like a poster child for what eveyone says to buy. 99's are faster, best sounding, and for the money, the one to own IMHO.

6. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    I had a 99 before my 430, best darn 360 I ever drove and I drove alot before I bought it. It really is faster than the rest.

Jusy make sure the major recalls have been done and you are good to go.

Send me a PM and I can explain all of them to you!

29K miles and I never had a problem.