Hand held cell phone ban coming to ON | FerrariChat

Hand held cell phone ban coming to ON

Discussion in 'Canada' started by gerritv, Oct 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
  2. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    ya its about time! now if we can only get rid of putting on makeup and shaving as well :)

3. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    +1

I really don't care about the cell phone ban. I rarely talk on the phone while I'm driving, and I'm really not concerned about others who do it either. The majority of traffic problems are caused by drunk drivers, and they have yet to fix that.

4. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    It is actually the other drivers that you need to worry about in that case.

5. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    Going to pick up a bluetooth headset soon, I do talk pretty frequently on the phone at the wheel.

6. donnie

donnie Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2008
    THe ammount of people texting while driving in ontario is insane - Driving my truck you can see down into cars very easily - im sure this is one of the reasons why I pass fenderbenders on the 404 and DVP almost EVERY day.

I saw one woman clipping her nose hair while driving - I kid you not - she was getting stuck in with a Braun.

In the UK the ban is inplace. Its a good thing.

7. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Here in Quebec, the law is in effect since July 1st (From April till July you only got a warning).

Just Friday last week, I was a frobnt row witness to an accident due to cellphone use: A girl in a Toyota "Echo", chatting on her cell, turned left into the street I was on...right into the path of a Lexus. I just saw the Echo crumble and the radiator explode. She quickly put the ohone away before the guy in the Lexus got out of his car....but he had two witnesses...

IMHO the new law is well justified. Too many morons forget that they are in traffic and endangering other people when chatting on the phone.

8. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Phone use and texting while driving has been illegal in Australia for many years.
    Also, it is illegal to put fuel in a car while talking on phone. This rule has been in place ever since I can remember.

Just curious....What effects does the freezing conditions you experience in Canada have on a car that is left outside?? Electrics, fuel, oil, paint, tyres etc?.

9. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    #9 ClassicFerrari, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ahh, it aint too bad mate. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Tell him the truth mate....that picture ain't from here....is from Swizerland....at least there you can still guess the shape of the cars....:)

11. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Soon, the city of Toronto can't afford to clean the snow anymore with workers making $30 an hour, and a city budget well over the limit.

In the future, there will be a ban on Snow in Toronto too......

12. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Mate, I cannot even imagine how cold that must be!

13. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    so now everyone will be walking around with bluetooth headsets in their ears and look like they are talking to themselves in the car ....great

14. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I also heard that I-Pods must be mounted to the Dashboard now.

You cannot thumb thru your IPod while driving either.

15. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    We have had the no using the phone in the car law in the UK for some time now. You would not beleve it because not many pay it no mind, regardles of fines.

16. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    People in the UK have also been prosecuted for eating apples and even taking a quick drink from a water bottle:rolleyes: Its crazy.

17. turbopower

turbopower Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    what are they saying about the GPS? just got one for my bday..what a waste if I'm not allowed to use it.