Interior Dome Light - 355 Spider | FerrariChat

Interior Dome Light - 355 Spider

Discussion in '348/355' started by PeteyP, Nov 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    Gentlemen... (and Ladies)

I just noticed that the interior dome light doesnt work on my '95 355 Spider.. not sure if its the switch or the bulb.
    I'm gonna change the bulb and check. Im jsut curious how hard is it to change, and would anyone the bulb part # or a substitute I can pick up at pep boys, etc??

I can't believe I didnt notice this before...

Thanks in advance for the heads up guys.

-Petey

2. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    #2 tactical, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
    First of,you do know that the light works in 3 ways yes? The first way is via the door opening, and the second way is to manualy turn the light on by pressing the light its self. The 3rd is a setting for turning the light of manualy. Maybe its on the of postion so the light will not come on when the door is open. First check that mate.:)
    If i am poitig out the obvious to you the i will get my coat:) By the way its a brezze to change the bulb.

3. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    Tactical..
    I wish i could say that you were pointing out the obvious, but you're not... I had no idea I could just push the light.
    I'm gonna try and take a crack at it tonight when I get home...

Sorry for such basic questions... as I said previously...
    I still dont know the goomar all that well yet... we're still in the dating phase.

Thanks again

Petey

4. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    Thats great then, hope this helps. Its a rocker switch and when the light is level the light will be of even if the door opens. Then one way that you rock the switch will turn the light on, the other will only turn on by the door.
    Advise you to sit in the car with the door shut to get to know which is which. I say this because many leave there lights on by accident thinking the light will turn of after a couple of seconds when the door is shut. It will not if its in the manual mode:D

5. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    BEST!!!!
    I know its in the level position right now... Ha!!
    Here's to hoping I'm a bigger idiot then normal and it just has to be turned "On"

Thanks again Tactical

Petey

6. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    There is also a button on the center console, beside the gear stick, that turns the interior light on. The button looks like a dome light...... :)

7. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    You might also want to check and see if the red warning light on the back of the door comes on when you open the door. If not, then you likely have a problem with the switch in the door jamb.

8. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    Your right there mate, i forgot to mention that;) Could be that as well.

9. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    #9 PeteyP, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
    Well... I'm an idiot.

The dome light was level.. I just had to click it on.
    Aside from that, I'm going through the car with a fine tooth comb over the next month or so to diagnose
    and work out any and ALL little niggles and issues with the car.

Hopefully, with a little luck...come summer, she should be showroom fresh...

Thanks again guys.
    Im not sure what I would do without this forum sometimes..

Petey

10. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Great to hear it was a simple fix Petey. Enjoy your car brother! :)

11. flyinlo

flyinlo Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Lo
    OK, so I've tried all the switch positions on mine, and the interior light just doesn't come on ('98 F355 Spider). I'm hoping it is just a burned out bulb. How does one open the lamp to replace it? Looks like you may just need to pry it loose, but figured I'd check here first. Thanks!