Any Stockholm or Amsterdam Guys (or girls) | FerrariChat

Any Stockholm or Amsterdam Guys (or girls)

Discussion in 'Europe' started by globalm3, Oct 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. globalm3

globalm3 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    I am taking my brother to Amsterdam for a day and then Stockholm for a week. It will be my first time in Holland, but I frequent Sweden 2-3x a year.

Any car meets or get together we can catch on Thanksgiving week?

2. Fumacher

Fumacher F1 Veteran

May 8, 2005
    Roosendaal
    Full Name:
    Vu
    I am sure you can meet some really nice girls in Amsterdam. As you might know Amsterdam is famous about its red-light district :D
    Just kiddin ;)

If I had time, I would guide you guys around in Amsterdam. Unfortunately I am very busy in the period you mentioned.

Grtzzz

Vu

3. globalm3

globalm3 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks for the reply...
    Any advice you can send or PM me on what places to visit? Coffee shops etc etc... :)

4. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I'm also not in the country. You may have more luck posting this in the Dutch section, most of us guys never frequent the European section.

As for tips, it depends on what you're looking for. If you only have day, timing is also important. When do you land, when do you leave? But some general tips:

1. Schiphol airport is a bit out of the city and the best way to get into the city centre is a train. You need to go to Amsterdam Centraal (central) Station. It'll take you an hour to get out of the airport and into town all told (maybe a bit less). The trains are quite regular. The ticket selling booth can explain how the system works.

2. All the canals in Amsterdam form a big "U", with the open end at the lake (formerly sea). When you get out of Centraal Station, you're in the middle of the mouth of the U. That will make it easy to find your way around.

3. Heading into town, just follow the main road leading straight from the station - it's called Damrak. You'll get to a big square with a big church in the corner and the Paleis op de Dam (Palace on the Dam) - it's the former Town Hall. If you turn right here, follow some small streets and you'll find plenty of nice cafes and coffeeshops (the Dutch variety, not my thing). If you turn left and keep going a couple of blocks you'll hit the red light district (not my thing either, but I suppose you have to have seen it).

4. People speak English really well.

5. People pick pockets really well.

6. If you want to see some live music, then try and find the "Leidscheplein" (pronounce Lie-che-plane), there's plenty of nice restaurants, bars and jazz or other clubs there.

As for Stockholm, I stayed there only 1 night on business 10 years ago but I found the hotel I stayed in quite cool. It's an old prison on an island right in the centre of town. You sleep in the old cells. I need to go back to Sweden, I liked it!

Onno

5. globalm3

globalm3 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks for all the great advice!!

I have a apartment in Stockholm so I know my way around.... that is the most amazing place if you are look for beautiful women! Ill post up in the other section you recommended.

6. JonW

JonW Rookie

Sep 3, 2006
    I live in Stockholm most of the time. From what I understand Thanksgiving week is Nov 24 - 30. Unfortunetely it´s way to late for F-car meetings in Sweden, most cars are already garaged for the winter. (Luckily the Swedish girls are not, they just wear way to much clothes! )

If I´m in town I´ll be happy to show you a garage I share with a few friends, containing about 6 F-cars, from 330 to one F40 that´s probably one of the finest in the world. I can also take you to the Stockholm Ferrari dealership, which I now quite well.

Please PM me if you´d be interested in that!

7. globalm3

globalm3 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    PM sent