How is the Scud market holding up ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How is the Scud market holding up ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Pransingh Horse, Oct 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    not to tangent too much, but with all the other cars you have owned where does the Scuderia place?

2. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

A clear front runner. More exciting than the CS because its performance and technological advances far exceed that of the CS. Much better than the 430 Coupe because of the obvious refinements in perfromance and styling. The 360 Spiders were fun, but I found I rarely used the top drop and wasn't too impressed with the drastic change in body lines on the spider versus coupe.

As for the Porsches, they were always a compromise for me when I had anxiety on the cost of a Ferrari in the garage during the winter versus a Porsche in the garage. But, every time I drove the Porsche - be it the Turbo or the C4S - I always felt I was driving a well built but highly over produced car. It always felt like Porsche was focusing on the economics of the build versus trying to build a model with limited production and more of a hand-built, racer like feel. Maybe they accomplished that with the RS and new GT-2 but they look so similar to the regular 911, I don't think it warrants the purchase.

The Scuderia is a car that absolutely wants to be driven. You will never find the end of its performance marvelry. It excites me to drive this car so much that, on rainy days or days when I can't drive it for other reasons, I find myself watching YouTube videos of the Scud (Top Gear, Fifth Gear and others) just to kep in tune with the sheer excitement.

Hope that explanation helps

3. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    New or pre-registered?

4. JWLee

JWLee Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Jong Lee
    My office is just across the street from the Auto Gallery and I walked over yesterday. They currently have two: Grigio Alloy/blue interior with stripes and new, and Titanium with no stripes with ~600 miles. Both asking price ~$380K.

5. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

all pre-registered

6. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    Just a process to flush out the speculators. I can imagine that these pre-registered Scuderias were likely leased when they were first sold. Great opportunity for people who plan to keep and drive them, but were never on dealers' "preferred" lists for one at or close to MSRP.

7. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I would suspect that getting out of a lease after just a few months (Scuderias haven't been in the States very long) would be difficult or expensive. I assume these cars are back at the dealer because of the ROFR letter the original buyer signed.

8. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    can anyone point me to scuds FS NOT at a CA dealer? TIA

9. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Ferrari of Denver has a black one, 68 miles. I don't know the price.

10. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm pretty sure they can only sell it in their market area.

Dave

11. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    he's been trying to sell it since they launched and is smoking big bongs on his ask!!!

12. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    They can sell it to anyone that is not considered in the area of another local dealer. It's a set distance by FNA, something like 75 miles. IOW, if you do not have a local Ferrari dealer within 75miles (or whatever the actual distance is), then any Ferrari dealer in the country can sell you any new car they wish.

13. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I've also now heard about a couple Scuds for sale at 25 over or less. Surprising.

14. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Rob, thanks for posting the picture of my Scud.. now I don't have to post pics... :)

P.S. - after owning the 430 and going to this car its def more visceral, especially at the track.
    its been quite enjoyable - especially the sound.

raj

15. slickm

slickm Rookie

Sep 27, 2008
    please post details of the cars 20k over. . . .this would help me, and all other interested buyers.

tx

16. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I have one for sale. If you are interested, PM me.

17. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    they're window now; market's falling every day

18. F430abio

F430abio Karting

Dec 5, 2005
    How many scud's have been produced so far?

19. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

on what tangible facts are you basing this? Love these guys without any proof spewing their beliefs instead of the facts, but speaking as though gospel......no offense Guiseppe

20. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    exactly, i have heard that scuds are being offered at $20K over sticker and still have one found one transaction with that number.

21. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York
    +1 -

To be sure, I will never sell my Scuderia - I picked it up at the factory and drove it around Italy so..... but I have been offered - by bona fide buyers and dealers alike - a significant premium as recently as last week. The offers are strong and continuous even in this market. I think those suggesting pricing is weak are exercising wishful thinking with all respect....

22. Dougp

Dougp Rookie

Jan 18, 2004
    If anyone knows of a Scuderia available at a reasonable premium above msrp please email me. [email protected]

Thanks so much
    Doug

23. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    #73 watt, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008

no offense Joseppe, but it's reality where we deal, and just cause you paid more dont cry you'll live thru it. and some here talking prices up -- most have heard the expression "talking your book" ??? scuds are toast now the spider has come out, takes all the special race/riff and makes it "profile" and F becomes marketer, they're desperate. next we'll see 22's on scud spiders. and try a certain g alloy we've talked about...

24. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Either it's too late or I had a bit too much wine with my dinner but I really have no idea what this post is trying to convey???

25. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    that is pure bs. Scud Spider is a niche car and the number in any given market is immaterial to the Scud market. And there are people like me who will have both