Mazda Rev it up driving school in DFW Sounds like a great program | FerrariChat

Mazda Rev it up driving school in DFW Sounds like a great program

Discussion in 'Texas' started by writerguy, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Mazda Rev It Up is coming to the Dallas/Ft. Worth region on the weekend of April 3-4, this time to be staged at Lone Star Park.

The World's Largest Performance Driving School and National Driving competition returns after a sensational inaugural year that saw thousands of people hone their driving skills with instruction from Mazda Rev It Up's handpicked team of world class driving instructors. The instructors come from NASCAR, IRL, CART, NASCAR Craftsman Truck drivers and are former instructors from Bob Bondurant and Skip Barber Racing Schools.

Attendees span the range from serious competitors to families looking to share driving secrets between generations. Participants receive a brief "Chalk Talk" upon entering and then progress to three skills clinics, as well as two runs on the competition course. The top scorer in each city will go on to a National Finals at the legendary Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. All Mazda Rev It Up scores are posted on www.MazdaRevItUp.com<about:
    blank> where competitors may see how they rank in each market and against their friends nationally.

Here are a few ways you can get up your readers "up to speed" on Mazda Rev It Up when it arrives in Dallas/Ft. Worth:

"Zoom in" on the "Fast and Furiously Safe" campaign by coming out to our early Friday morning preview.* You can interview the driving instructors and watch the teens implement the lessons taught by the instructors once they get behind the wheel of new MAZDA3s.

Test yourself on the course to see what's to be learned from Mazda Rev It Up instruction on Friday morning or at any time Saturday or Sunday.* If you come over the weekend, you'll experience the whole program first-hand

2. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Those who went last year did not think much of the event, or so I heard. Apparently there is a long wait and very little drive time. Better off signing up for a Driver's Education event.

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    That may be with any of the Semi Public events but hey check out their web site see if they are bringing anything to the table.... I am going to run the Mazdaspeed Miata at the same time so anything might be there.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I went last year and did it first thing in the morning so there was hardly any wait. I thought it was pretty fun, but the pro driver laid down a crazy index for my particular time of day and I didn't place well. Although my time was seconds ahead of anyone else around my session, including some autocrossers, club racers, and one Speedvision World Challenge driver. The competition part is really about whether the pro has a good run or not for your index.

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Eh, it was OK last year. Nothing spectacular, long waits and not much seat time. We did get to bang on the cars in the demo area. The biggest impression on me the whole event was how poor the build quality was of the display Rx8.

You'd learn more at one of the Kilgore events, or a few weekends of autocross.

This year it's scheduled opposite the NASCAR race, so obviously I'm not going...

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    So does anyone want to attend the 2004 event? I'm up for it.