New to Houston | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New to Houston

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jordan747_400, Jul 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Weather and terrain?

You two need to tag along on the next New Bransfels trip to Gruene Hall.....we'll throw Andy in the river in a tube, to keep him cool! LOL!

I was going up on the 7/20th but looks more like first weekend in August now........

Good show at Blanco's this Friday night Jordan, James Hand is 'Old School' country, man, it'll be a total immersion experience on the dance floor.....I may have a dance partner, or I'll be crying in my beer at the pool table, until one shows up! LOL!

2. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    <<<<<<<<<<The hills and rivers are that a way................................................and the beach and waves are that a way>>>>>>>

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    What are these waves you speak of?

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Surfhouse1967.com webcam is the one I use daily......Flagship to Surfside jetties.....;)

5. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Welcome to Texas the greatest state in the union with the most hospitable people in the word. I am very close to you as I live around HWY 6 and Westheimer so maybe I can assist you in some way sometime? Please let us know if you need anything ok?

Gregg

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Red Bull Art of the Can at Galleria, last Tuesday SugarHill Recording studios had a nice bash..Red Bull and Grey Goose Citrus vodka is a lethal combination after awhile, I found......Under the Volcano Club on Bissonett had Mike Stinson in from California with Jesse Dayton backing him up at an acoustic gig last night.......

Next thing I know of is a good show at the Continental Club on S. Main Friday, the Hacienda Brothers in town, mourning the loss of Chris Gaffney but carrying on with a CD release tour, and Miss Leslie will open the show and have her new highly acclaimed CD for sale also.....

Saturday morning at 9AM - 2PM you can get your car washed at Chances at 1102 Westheimer by the Roller Derby girls.....mmmmmmm...soapy roller derby girls!!!

I'll know more once I read the whole Press....Joe Ely tickets at Gruene Hall go on sale at 1PM today......Road Trip!!!!!

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Good article on the Hacienda Brothers in the Houston Press.......excellent comments on Chris Gaffney..(Rest in Peace).
    I'm gonna miss that guy, he was one of a kind.....gruff as Hell but he'd loan Valeria the last smoke in his pack...(then I'd feel bad and run to the store for both of them....LOLOLOL!)

Looks to be a great show this evening, maybe my favorite dance partner will be in the crowd....;)

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Lyle Lovett at the Woodlands Sunday night with Asleep at the Wheel....looks like I have an extra ticket for the 8th row.....:rolleyes: well if I work on it between now and then...maybe not :rolleyes:

Haybale's at the Continental Club those guys are good.....

Big benefit show at Blanco's Saturday night, too.....I miss my dance partner a lot..

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Hollisters at Blanco's tonight...Friday at 9PM.

MobileJay, Texas Johnny Brown Friday, Alan Haynes on Saturday, at the Big Easy.....

And I have 4 tickets to the Sprint Car Races at Houston Raceway Park Saturday night 27th, if anyone wants a "Dirt Track Date! LOL!
    Just kidding I think it's been paved now...:rolleyes:

10. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    I may have to go tonight. I will talk to some friends to see if they want to go out there. I had a good time last time I saw him. Thanks for the info.

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'm in town this weekend. Let me know if there is anything going on as for F1 watching parties & so forth.

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Some kind of thing with the Roller Derby girls at the Mink Bar tonight 9PM, 3718 Main St.

Carolyn Wonderland at the Mucky Duck

Miss Leslie at Blanco's..

Guess which one ol' Tex WON'T be attending....;)

See ya'll in the morning..The Flower Man needs some help with home repair also, tomorrow 'till 5PM..

And Sunday the Art Cars will be at Trader's Village........

Outta' here!

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Iguanas at the Continental Club tonight......

I'll be in Point Blank Saturday, so I guess I'll party at The Jolly Fox in Huntsville with the college kids Satuday night! LOL!

Then Jesse Dayton plays at the new Goode Co BBQ Sunday night at 5:30PM. Hwy. 290 & FM1960.

Rachel says a HLSR Chili Cookoff at Trader's Village also, but she'll be back out at RenFest!
    Man, that girl is a RenFest nut case!

Did you ever hear from them, Yuliya???

14. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    Hear from whom?

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The OP.....Jordan and is gf.......

I guess they have been busy, settling in!

I've just been using the thread as my "Club Blog".......LOL!

After an early night Friday at the Shamrock Inn with Sean Reefer and the Resin Valley boys, I spent the next night in Point Blank Texas, where it is VERY QUIET! LOL! The full moon looked nice, over Lake Livingston.....

New Goode Company BBQ on NW290 had Jesse Dayton out for the Grand Opening party Sunday, still cold but hot food!
    Opens to the Public today........

16. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Well, sorry about that absence. My fiance and I have actually been a little busy. She has had a whole bunch of orchestra work the past few months and I've been busy with flying and my work, as well. I think its about time for me to get a new job, however, so if anybody happens to have any leads, let me know.

Anyway, we were just talking the other day about how much we missed the fun we had with the Ferrari group in SoCal and that reminded me to keep in touch here. Now that the weather is getting nice here, we would love to go for a drive some day! Not sure if there are any good roads out here...haven't found many, myself.

BTW, I just read that Circle S Vineyards is the best vineyard in Houston in the Parade section...Congratulations dstacy! Definitely have to visit you guys in the next few weeks!

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #42 BigTex, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
    Oh yea, we have a few nice roads!

Welcome back man, we were worried!

I think the next big Ferrari thing will be at Valobra's Jewery, the Highland Village.....mine got hit, so I don't know I'll display there but it is a good show...

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Oh no your car got hit? I'm sorry to hear that! Nothing serious I hope?

Any more info on the show? Sounds like fun to us!

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Not too bad, about $3K to the nose..flying in new USA bumper from Norway, you know typical "Day in the Life".....LOL!

Took awhile to run the insurance down, German driver, working in US, corporate Honda on lease, he was in Paraguay all last week......and I complain about MY commute!

20. P3+J3^u!

P3+J3^u! Karting

Apr 2, 2008
    Mockingbird Ln
    Pecan Grove? My parents live in Pecan Grove, near Pecan Grove Elementary. I walked there to school every day when I was younger. Naturally, I got out of Houston ASAP, but I still visit there frequently, and my dad, though not a hardcore enthusiast, enjoys cars as well.

In fact, I should be there for Thanksgiving and the weekend after--anyone know if there are any events planned in the area for that weekend?

21. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Pecan Grove? I grew up in there. I remember it before houses were being built and it was just a few stakes in a mass of trees. My dad said to me, "this is our house, and here's the living room". There wasn't even a street around for a few hundred yards. Enjoyed it there, remember it all too well. Many things have changed too - tons of development, when before there was only a place a mile down 359 called The Parket Market, and further down the other way, near the Swingin' Door, the General Store, where you could rent VHS and Beta tapes.

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'm going to Austin Thursday night, Jesse Dayton at the Broken Spoke.

But Kim Carson at the West Alabama Icehouse 6PM, Friday, the James Hand at Blanco's at 9PM, old school country brudda!

So I'll be back in town, at those gigs.....

Valeria tried to hassle me at Big Easy last Saturday, the manager, an old friend told her and her posse to "STFU"....LOLOLOLOL!

23. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hah, thats funny we have a few other pecan grove people here. Things have definitely changed now...its huge! I'm still betting there are a couple of ferraris hidden in the neighborhood somewhere...haven't really seen any though. The drummer from ZZ Top lives here though, and I'm pretty sure he has a couple.

24. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He had a custom made 250GTO "spyder" for a long time........

25. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I only remember his TR and the 308. He had many Porsches.