Ocean Front Bed & Breakfast - any recommendations? | FerrariChat

Ocean Front Bed & Breakfast - any recommendations?

Discussion in 'New England' started by carguy, Oct 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Looking for a one or two night stay in Mass. in the range of $150 to $175 a night for a good ocean view. I see several places that look appealing, and just wanted to get some opinions from those that might know first hand. The Hovey House in Gloucester looks beautiful, but oh those prices! Does anyone have any recommendations as to a nice place to stay? We would like an older historic place if possible, and an ocean or bay view is a must.

2. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    It is off season on the Cape now ,,,, but to get what you want I think you will need to go a bit deeper into your pockets as $175 is not going to get you what you are looking for.
    Dave

3. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    hum. Are these prices kept high because now all these people loosing their home have to check into motels to get shelter or the one losing their jobs (or about too) have decided to take a sabatical ?:)

4. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yep Mondial86....I think your right! After searching on line, the price of $175 a night is "entry level" and for maybe $50 to $75 more I can get a pretty nice room. This is a bad time to take a vacation, but my wife has her heart set on this trip....and I just can't disappoint her.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #5 Wade, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
    You New Englanders sure have a sense of...? Okay, you tell me

BTW, 5 URLs in that link, Pay per Click maybe?

cshaobu280528;138213557, ://pond1579.blog.com/, color=#0000ff]pond1579[/color ,://river4842.blog.com/, color=#0000ff ,river4842 /color url=http://spa1885.blog.com/]spa1885[/color, url=http://master1548.blog.com/]master1548[/color, [url, http://mash1788.blog.com/][/url]mash1788[/color

6. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    I think that was a spam bot, lol.

7. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I don't know what it would run now, and it's not it MASS, but you might think about a few hours north and go to Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Great little town, nice bed and breakfast (or at least there was) right on the bay, and the BEST Lobster in the country at the CoOp...

Mike in Kuwait

8. Bad Chariot

Bad Chariot Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael

Look at the Samoset Resort in Rockland Maine, the place looks awesome and the golf course is called Pebble Beach of the east. It is open year round. Me personally I am partial to Vermont B&B's. Looking in the Burlington area on Lake Champlain. GORGEOUS up there.