Black Friday-What are you picking up this year? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Black Friday-What are you picking up this year?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by agup48, Nov 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If i end up going in the morning (10AM ish) and they still have some deals left (doubtful), i'll probably just get some blu rays and DVD's. Nothing big

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Blu-rays are B2GO free at Amazon.com, check it out, 40 bucks for 3 blu-rays. Circuit City will have a 2.99 deal, unsure if the deals are the same near you though.

3. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Rory, you only got two years? Did you use your credit card? I think Costco has always had it, but if you pay via credit card, you get an extra year on the Costco warranty.

4. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I had my eye on the Friends Seasons (don't ask) for $13.99 each at circuit city and american pscho on BR for like 10.99

I'll check out Amazon, thanks

5. icanfly012

icanfly012 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    They have all the Friends seasons for 12.98~ at Target RIGHT NOW.

6. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Yup, used CC. Maybe I'm not interpreting things right. I know the Costco warranty is two years, but the way it's written, it sounds like it extends the total warranty to two years. So the first year would overlap with the mfr warranty, then you'd get an additional year on top of that from Costco. Am I not understanding it properly?

7. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    You're probably understanding it properly. I honestly have no idea. I was trying to buy a TV from there, and read somewhere that if you use a credit card you get an extra year on top of the two years, making it a three year warranty. I don't know the actual Costco warranty policy. It used to be lifetime warranty.

8. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    WTF. Are you serious!?

9. AMGBiturbo

AMGBiturbo Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Check into the new Pioneer Elites while your looking at Denon 4XXX + stuff... Very comparable if not better.
    Also, go Blu-Ray :D

10. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Dude you were right! Thanks so much man

11. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  12. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    I just bought Transformers Blu-Ray for 9.99 plus 2.98 shipping from Amazon.com. Original Price 40.00

13. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Last Spring there was some video game coming out, or system, whatever, at any rate guys were CAMPING in TENTS in front of Best Buy overnight -
    everything was fine, then it got cloudy, real cloudy, and dark, then the tornado sirens went off, the guys ducked inside, came back out to find all their stuff GONE.
    Not tornado, but 80-90mph straight-line winds and heavy rain - blew everything away.....

14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    How? I just got their email and their sale doesn't start till tomorrow morning

15. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i wasn't expecting to do anything for black friday, however, i went to kmart tonight before dinner, i heard they had blu-ray players for 180 bucks, guess what, they were out, but they wound up selling me the floor model, i just picked up a sony blu ray player for 150 including warranty, now that's what i call a deal, :) (only later to realize my tv doesn't have hdmi hookups, but i'm still gonna keep it anyway :))

16. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  17. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Does your tv have a dvi input. They have hdmi to dvi cables.

18. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  19. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Oh yeah, also picked up some Sony headphones. Well I bought some a while ago, and they kept breaking, so I sent it back to Sony twice, and they upgraded me to some 60 dollar headphones that replaced my $10.00 headphones. :D

20. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    unfortunately not. my tv is an older sylvania lcd, with no hd hookups, just the av inputs. the tv in our family room has hd inputs, i'm thinking about hooking it up in there until i pick up a new tv. the only problem i've ran into is the fact that i got a great deal on the player, but excluding the black friday deals, blurays are still running 20-30 bucks for the movies. at least dvd prices dropped pretty fast once they became the new technology, so i'm banking on that to happen with blurays.

21. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I would not count on it for awhile, there is NO competition for Blue-Ray, at least a year ago there was HD-DVD, today that's gone.

22. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    +1, Until something better comes out, Blu-ray is still on top. You can still find deals on some movies. I mentioned earlier in this thread, picked up Transformers for 9.99 and shipping. I also got 4 free movies, from doing some surveys on the "Blu-Ray Training" website a long time ago, but since I had no player, ended up returning them.

23. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    that's the problem with blu-rays, because there is no competition they can charge pretty much whatever they want. i remember paying 25-30 bucks for dvd's when they were the new thing, and now i don't think i've spent over 15 for one in a long time. i think it's going to take blu-ray a little longer to overtake dvd's as the #1 movie source, a lot longer than it did for dvd to take over vhs, simply because i think not enough people have the hdtv's to make it worthwhile, or they don't see a big enough difference between dvd and blu-ray (dvd had an incredibly noticeable difference in quality over vhs) to justify the price.