SF: Ferrari Store to open | Page 2 | FerrariChat

SF: Ferrari Store to open

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by RedBarchetta, Nov 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eshaun

eshaun Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shaun
    great to know they're in no hurry :/

2. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Well since the basement had to be re-designed, I would guess that it has taken some time due to propper engineering. Got to be sure it doesn't fall into the Bart Line.

3. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    #28 toddjw73, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just spotted this going through town. Had to turn around and follow to get this pic.

Hopefully this is going to SF to be installed! ??????
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    woah cool spot. biiiig sign!

5. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Biiiiiggg prices!

6. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    I don't know why it was going through Manteca. Other than the sign was made by a sign company somewhere out here in the valley.

7. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Great shot! Thanks for chasing it down for us.

8. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I think it does cheapen the brand... last thing Ferrari wants, imo, is to turn into another Gucci and get cheesy.
    Ferrari skis?

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    sadly tony they've been doing it forever. it's the strongest part of their company

10. George J.

George J. Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2005
    Bay area, CA
    Full Name:
    George J
    I think Ferrari offering fitted luggage and such is great (historic precedence) , and even would go with a few fine leather accessories (folios, etc). All of the cameras, computers, various other electronics, skis, bikes, etc do nothing but diminish the brand. They have zero technological connection and as such are just cheesy marketing gimmicks . I hate cheesy marketing gimmicks. I do not event wear the nicer shirts they give you at events like the Monterey Historics, I am just not a fan of being a walking billboard. George

11. George J.

George J. Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2005
    Bay area, CA
    Full Name:
    George J
    #36 George J., Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. babyruth95746

babyruth95746 Karting

Feb 11, 2007
    granite bay, ca
    Full Name:
    steve r
    i was there last friday and seemed to be a ways away from opening

13. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    I will check into it and post another update soon

14. George J.

George J. Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2005
    Bay area, CA
    Full Name:
    George J
    I was walking by the other day and the interior space was moving along, looked like a month or so of work to complete. GJ

15. Brian qv

Brian qv Rookie

Dec 28, 2002
    Folsom, Ca
    I was in SF this weekend and passed by the store. They had the door slightly open and a guard outside. The guard said the store would be open on Tuesday. Has anyone gone by today to see if it was open? I peaked inside and saw a full size FI race car in the front window.
    Brian

16. danny360

danny360 Karting

Feb 18, 2008
    Hayward
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Anybody know what the address is to the store? I'm going to be in SF this weekend and thought I stop by to see if its open. Thanks

17. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    It's next to the Virgin record store

18. Cheetah

Cheetah Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Alan
    It's open...

19. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Happened to be there today. Its a good resource for ferrari clothing, small models, annual books, and accessories. But i did not see the skis that were in a thread about the vegas store. I am pretty sure more merchandise is coming, one italian exec told me that this store is the second largest space they have (on a sq.ft. basis). The largest store being in milan.

oddly there were protesters from the contractors union out front. They weren't doing anything. I just thought it was funny that an italian company had problems with unions. Maybe it goes back to the riff that got Hoffa in trouble (fuggetabodit) ;)

20. danny360

danny360 Karting

Feb 18, 2008
    Hayward
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Thanks :) I'll try and take some pics and post them on here

21. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    2 Stockton Street. I will be hopefully heading over there this weekend. Have Family in town 'til Sunday. I will have to either ditch them or drag them along. I have been looking forward to this for far to long. This will be my 4th store added to my list of the ones I have visited.

22. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    Typical Ferrari store. Lots of useless, overpriced stuff--all with a Ferrari logo. No laptops, no watches, no skis, no helmets. Couple of interesting F1 body pieces (nose cone, engine cover), and the 2002 F1 car on display. Manager with bad breath claims it's not for sale. I guess he hasn't heard of the clienti program.

23. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    OUCH!

24. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Went there today. They did have a nice selection of clothing downstairs and Ferrari books. The F1 in the window looked like a shell with no motor. I did find a jacket for my staff to buy me for Xmas. They said there would be some events in Jan. with the Ferrari groups.

25. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Very iffy selection of stuff. Very polite and helpful staff none of which were car people. One asked if we were Schumacher fans to which my better half replied "no, Nigel Mansel". From the reaction I am sure it was the first time he had heard the name.

I was really disappointed. There was nothing there I wanted to own or felt any need to spend money on. The gift shop at the entrance to the Museum is far better and much smaller. My feeling is that in its present form it is a fad and will not be there New Years 2011. The company has much to sell but it is not in the store. If they devoted half of the top floor to Schedoni goods it would be far more interesting. I don't think they can support it on model cars and T shirts.