***ATTN VIRGINIA, DC, MARYLAND RESIDENTS!** STOLEN S2000**** | FerrariChat

***ATTN VIRGINIA, DC, MARYLAND RESIDENTS!** STOLEN S2000****

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by amspimpwagon, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amspimpwagon

amspimpwagon Rookie

Mar 12, 2006
    Utica NY
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    My friends 2001 Honda s2000 was stolen within the past 3 days.
    He lives in fairfax VA, but was up to NY for the Holiday.

Upon arrival back home in VA this morning, he has come to find that his s2000 has been jacked. It was parked in the parking garage to his gated apartment community.

Just a few months ago he finished the car, complete with new paint (factory Spa yellow) new Nissan 300zx R200 rear end and new InlinePro turbo kit. He hasnt even put 2000 miles on the car since its been finished.

So if anyone who lives in the DC/maryland area sees this car please alert the proper authorities! Even tho it is very doubtful that the car is still in one piece.
    Also, if anyone happens to come across any of the components of this car on ebay/craigslist/anywhere let me know.

Thanks for anyones help in advance!

Heres some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#2 dm_n_stuff, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hmmm.

Sorry for your friends loss, but...

A yellow S2000. You want us to be on the lookout for a yellow S2000.

That's a tough one, I'm pretty sure I see a couple a day up north here, and none look stolen. I'm not gonna call the police each and every time I see one, and I don't think you can expect anyone farther south to do that either.

tough break for your buddy, but best bet, call the insurance company, take the hit, move on.

Dave M
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    rough response...i'll be on the lookout. It's got some mods to differentiate itself from a stock s2000. He's not asking you to call the police for every one you see.

4. amspimpwagon

amspimpwagon Rookie

Mar 12, 2006
    Utica NY
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I dont want you to call the police each time you see a yellow s2000, I want you to call the police when you see that one.

Thats why I posted pictures of it so you can recognize it when you see it, or when you see the parts from it being sold somewhere.

Thanks for your time.

5. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    no offense but I thought this was Ferrari Chat? Nice looking S2000 btw.

6. amspimpwagon

amspimpwagon Rookie

Mar 12, 2006
    Utica NY
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    This is a car enthusiasts forum.

I started the same thread here as a did on any other forum I frequent.

And I must say out of the 3 responses I have gotten here, this board is the only board that has given me any crap.

7. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    #7 MBFerrari, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
    Take it all with a grain of salt. Will keep our eyes peeled for you in Northern VA. Pretty hard to hide that thing, so unfortunately as you pointed out, probably in parts by now...

MB

8. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Like I said I meant no offense.... AND I (we... well some of us anyway) sympathize with the situation.
    I'm sure there are many people here in the Mid-Atlantic section of FerrariChat.com that'll be on the lookout for a stolen yellow Honda........

9. dudereno

dudereno Rookie

Sep 23, 2008
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Parking garage? First thing I would do is check tow places unless there were signs of a break in. I would also start questioning people who knew him and that knew he would be gone.

10. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Nice S2K. Keep an eye on Craigslist, ebay, Honda-Tech and other boards for the parts. My guess is it will turn up in DC in a few days stripped. Happened to my first car (Del Sol) several years back. It is truly heart breaking when something you have put so much love and money into gets ripped away from you. Hope they find who stole it. But realistically, tell your friend to start thinking about what project he wants next...

11. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    I'll keep an eye out for it.

A couple of thoughts though:

- The typical auto insurance policy probably is not going to cover the cost of any of those modifications. IMHO, your friend will likely just get the low blue book value of a 2001 Honda S2000. And, there is no guarantee that your friend even has full comprehensive insurance coverage, so maybe it won't cover anything in the case of car theft. Not good, either way.

- Next time, consider installing LoJack. Not sure it would have helped in the current situation with him being out of town and not discovering the theft right away, but is probably worth the cost for a heavily modified car.

Good luck.

12. gliebig

gliebig Rookie

Sep 26, 2007
    #12 gliebig, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
    I think I just saw this car and met your friend at a Pohanka NSX meet in October. Nice guy. Sorry to hear about the car.

*Try posting this under the Southeast - DC region forum on NSX Prime.**

Good luck.

13. amspimpwagon

amspimpwagon Rookie

Mar 12, 2006
    Utica NY
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks for the tip, I'll post there too.

14. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Fchat guys are a different breed!!! :D

15. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
  16. vintagemotorcars

BANNED

Apr 22, 2008
    Mesa Az.
    Full Name:
    KP
    Take the hit and move on????? I guess you are not allowed any emotional attachment to a car unless it is an F-car. Hope your friend recovers his H.n.d.( I'm not sure if I'm allowed to type Honda on this site)

17. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Sometimes that's a bad thing...

18. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    someone stole my pumpkin off my porch. I think its a an inside job but not sure.
    it is orange and about the size of a pumpkin . please call your local police as there is a APB out for this , Robbie asurres me he will get the person who did this to me.

19. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    -I bet the other forums were honda chat , vw chat , and hyundai chat... really there are tens of thousands of those out there,

we would probably run across a stolen ferrari part seller ,but I doubt we'd be looking for a honda fender..

20. amspimpwagon

amspimpwagon Rookie

Mar 12, 2006
    Utica NY
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh... you sound really stupid.

21. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    great post, my wife had to ask me what i was laughing at. This is the kind of thing that makes f-chat worthwhile.

22. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    all joking aside, i am concerned about this. Crime is getting out of hand, and i'm not just talking about charles county. Are there any modifications to this pumpkin or is it the way god intended? I mean, i can't go calling the cops about every pumpkin i see now can I?

23. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #23 E60 M5, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008

Really, its a CAR!!!! Ferrari or Honda its a CAR!! Call the insurance and move on. Heck, cry in your pillow, it won't bring the car back.

If you really want to be a smart *ss, you could have spelled H.n.d. as P.O.S..

Robert

24. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    so now that three moderators have added their two cents to this ridiculous thread can we please close it and let it die in peace?

25. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #25 DetailGuy, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017