Classiche Application Stories | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Classiche Application Stories

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by CornersWell, Apr 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    excellent point. make them eat their own words, by their own standards.

for one reason or another, all 4 of my Ferrari's failed the certificate program. i decided i dont care, and i will own the cars if i like them, and will find my own parts. as to the cars history, i could are less now, if it runs and drives, the rest is lost on me.

this is about the joy of "enjoying" the cars, not this new snobbery they are trying to instill.

they keep this up and all of us old schoolers will be driving Lamborghini's and Porsche cars.

2. henk4

henk4 Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Pieter Melissen
    who have been mainly responsible for the immense increase of the monetary volume of the market, and which have made the Italians look for ways how to further benefit from that. (I think the slang word for this is "scam")
    In the thread on the Ferrari 250PF somebody described that he has replaced one of his side mirrors with a mint example coming from ....an MGA. (US$ 26) Now who can tell whether in its days Ferrari did not buy a large stock of those, but would now consider them "unoriginal"?
    And talking about the alleged Goodwood requirements....could this in anyway be related to the fact that Ferrari is a sponsor of the Goodwood events?

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    It is just me or am I having an out-of-the body experience? Has Judge4re been kidnapped by aliens? Is Corners Well playing a post-April fools joke? Please tell me that you guys are pulling a funny here. I like these cars as much as the next person; but, Geeze Louise, it is a fine line between passion and madness.

Judge, you of all people, should know how little Ferrari Spa cares about its customers. Do you really think that Ferrari will have any interest in making parts for 3x8s in the future? Even if they do, why would you would to buy a shabbily made original when the repops will have much higher quality.

And Corners Well, please tell us that you were having some fun. Come on. Non-original sealant on the block? Hell, Ferrari probably never even put sealant on the original motor.

Folks, in this post-industrial/value chain/Kaizen world, there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. For Ferrari to survive, it must acknowledge that creating value for its customers is its only reason for existing. Bottom up/collaborative companies will thrive. Top down/autocratic companies will die.

Ferrari had a unique opportunity to expand its mythology here for very little money. Instead, they are looking like fools.

They need to remember that pride is one of the original sins. All it will take is a few missteps for Ferrari to be at death's door. If you don't believe me, just consider what would happen if F1 crashes and burns. Lets say that the F1 fans get tired of Bernie's bs and Nazi sex games. What will happen to Ferrari's licensing revenues?

Has anybody seen Harley Davidson's financials lately?

Dale

4. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Sorry. No joke. Straight from the horse's mouth.

CW

5. henk4

henk4 Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Pieter Melissen
    yes we all do remember Mr. Ed.

6. Tom Glowacki

Tom Glowacki Rookie

May 9, 2004
    "of course, of course"

7. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John

+1 My sentiments exactly!

8. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller

Just what is a "proper Ferrari person"....or will people have to go through certification too?

9. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    #259 CornersWell, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
    You'll only have to worry if you're not as you left the factory!

No aftermarket mods.

CW

10. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    One good thing is that the new cars have great options and there would be less and less reason to mod a new car. A 550 was inadequate from the factory in many ways and required mods to fix serious shortcomings (brakes in particular). Now the CCB's are simply fantastic. Even the factory exhaust systems are great on cars that I like (612 HGTC, 430S, 599).

11. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Does that include circumcision? :p

12. 850racer

850racer Rookie

Jun 6, 2008
    I have an 850 Racer as well. You can see pictures at http://members.cox.net/chrisf914/ . Is for sale for the right price...

13. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Cool car. Think that I am aiming for an event Ferrari

14. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If their customers keep asking for it, then yes.

When the market doesn't demand things, there is no obligation to sell. If the originals were shabby, shouldn't the replacements be also if they are to be originals? Maybe that's one of the reasons why I liked Ferraris more than my 911, with Ferraris, the average owner tries to keep it stock and original, with Porsche, it's how many aftermarket parts can you stick on the car...

15. SpiceGlider

SpiceGlider Karting

Jul 30, 2003
    USA, God Bless It
    C'mon Dale, do you really have to ask? Of course he's been kidnapped by aliens. But, they got so sick of him trying sell their UFOs for Ferraris that they sent him back.

16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    :)

You must know Erik well. Trust me, no, sane or insane, alien wants a demented war eagle.

Dale

17. SpiceGlider

SpiceGlider Karting

Jul 30, 2003
    USA, God Bless It
    #267 SpiceGlider, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
    Especially a WET demented war eagle.

BTW - I don't know how well I know him, but I'm married to him...

18. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Sorry, my bad. I forgot. :)

It was good seeing you in Monterey a while back.

Dale

19. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Now have absolute first hand knowledge of at least one of the Classiche people: Jess Pourret. Jess openly said he is one of the people in Classiche. He did not say and I did not ask who any of the others are.

Jeff

20. SpiceGlider

SpiceGlider Karting

Jul 30, 2003
    USA, God Bless It
    Don't worry. I've actually forgotten a couple of times myself.

It was good seeing you too. :)