The Ferrari Three Hundred Eight Single Overhead Cam | FerrariChat

The Ferrari Three Hundred Eight Single Overhead Cam

Discussion in '308/328' started by miketuason, Dec 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teveo

teveo Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2005
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Trond Vidar
    It seems like the sound is generated from a set of menus, I guess you type in some data in the right fields and it will likely generate the sound.
    Engine? This is the extreme lean burn prototype, it only run exhaust cams. Great MPG... ;)

2. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    What's up with the seats? Definitely not original. I would not call that car "stunning".

3. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Looks OK on the surface except for the La-Z-boy seats and the bling bling polished wheels.

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I know that car and it breaks my heart.

It was bought from the original owner in 06 and it was the first 308 I rode in way back in the summer of 83 when I was 15. I still have the pictures.

The car was originally marrone. I really wanted to buy it when the owners finally decided to let it go but by the time I found out it was for sale it was too late. Then the changes happened...

For the record, EVERYTHING has been gone thru by FOA. It will make a great car for someone if you can get past those seats and wheels

5. Andrew Bolton

Andrew Bolton Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Spring, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andrew Bolton
    Hey, I love those wheels! I think that the biggest mistake ever made by Ferrari was to not chrome some of their wheels. Mine are chromed on a black overall finish and it looks sharp. No, I will not win concours awards but I certainly will look sharper than those left with the stock wheels. But hey, that's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

6. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    #7 Dr Tommy Cosgrove, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
    I don't care for them personally but, like you, I do feel like you should do whatever you want to your car as long as you are happy with it. Screw anyone who doesn't like it. Unless they start paying to maintain the car, it's none of anyone's business.

I have made many cosmetic and mechanical changes to my 308 QV and I don't care one little bit if someone else has a problem with it.

But - my wanting this car original was purely sentimental. I have been looking at pictures of it (wth me in it) exactly the way it left the factory and with that (in my opinion) pretty marrone color. It lived in Huntsville Al which is about 100 miles from my home and whenever I went there to visit relatives, I would always go to the owner's office and look at it in the parking lot. I was in high school and seeing a Ferrari was a really big deal. Also, like I said earlier, he was nice enough to invite me to his house one evening and took me for my first ride. That was 25 years ago but it still seems like yesterday to me when I think about it.

It just brings back nice memories to me the way it was.

7. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Yep, thought that was the same car.

I guess you CAN make money flipping cars on Ebay. Wasnt this car listed on Ebay out of TN a few months ago and sold in the lower 30s or upper 20s, now listed out of IN and sold / removed at 37.

James in Denver

8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Same one.

The guy who owns it now told me about a year ago that he was planning on "testing the waters" on eBay.

I guess he did and has decided on a reasonable price. It is reasonable too. Mark at FOA told me that they fixed everything and the paint was done right too. It would cost WAY more to buy one that needs work and do everything that was done to this car. It will make someone a nice 308, no question.
    I hope it finds a good home.

9. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why did they say single overhead cam?

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed