Ferrari Pens | FerrariChat

Ferrari Pens

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by CCentore, Dec 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CCentore

CCentore Rookie

Sep 16, 2004
    Concord, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie C
    #1 CCentore, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I wondered where I can get informtion about Ferrari Pens. I've see several that are quite exquisite and others that seem somewhat simple and less exotic. A recent Ferrari 348 Challenge pen was offered for over $2000.00.

Where can I find information about pens that have been commissioned by Ferrari for resale in the collector market?

I have the attached pen and just wanted to know who made it and what it may be worth.

Thanks,

Chuck
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I think Omas was the only vendor that did licensed pens.

3. litespeed1

litespeed1 Karting

Jul 17, 2006
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    I have that pen here on my desk in Fly Yellow.Mine was a gift from a friend who used to work at Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories in California during the 80's. It is nicely weighted when you hold it in your hand to write and it's my fave!

4. CCentore

CCentore Rookie

Sep 16, 2004
    Concord, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie C
    litespeed1,

Sounds like there could be more of these out there. I like this pen alot as well. Like you said it a bit heavy but is just fine for writing.

How long have you had it? Did your friend get it from Beverly Hills Accessories. Are they still around?

Appreciate your help/

Chuck

5. litespeed1

litespeed1 Karting

Jul 17, 2006
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    Yes, it has a nice heavy/quality feel for sure.My friend worked there probably 10 years ago before they went out of business.He gave it to me about 2 years ago.Maybe I can try to post a picture but I have never tried to post a pic on this site and I don't know how difficult it is to do this.

6. Eddie@CavallinoModels

Eddie@CavallinoModels Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    We are in the process of becoming the distributor for the pens in North and South America. There will be a very nice selection of them for spring. All should be under 50 USD each retail. Nowhere near 2000.

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have the one from Cartier that matched the chronograph watch......a fountian nib.....PITA to refill the cartridges...LOL!

But I have an ultrasonic tip cleaner for my drafting rapidographs..

The later ones do match the car designations and were a different vendor as Judge says......

IIRC, Martin in Miami had some from the various Challenge Series cars

8. CCentore

CCentore Rookie

Sep 16, 2004
    Concord, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie C
    Eddie,

I sure would like to see the pen collection you will be selling next year. Keep me in mind and maybe a post when you are ready to launch the product offering.

Be well and say hello to your dad..

Chuck

9. Eddie@CavallinoModels

Eddie@CavallinoModels Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    We have the catalogs, but are waiting for the digital images. I will say hello to pops.

10. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    I have a rare Montegrappa pen that was done for the 50th Ann. of Ferrari in the USA. It was lauched together with the 612 Scaglietti at Pebble Beach in 2004, in blue mirabeau lacquer with gold. Only 50 were made. Available for US$4995. Montregrappa also did some 'regular' pens in blue and yellow for $1000-$3000.