Track Day Road Trip HARRIS HILL ROAD COURSE | FerrariChat

Track Day Road Trip HARRIS HILL ROAD COURSE

Discussion in 'Texas' started by andres van der dys, Dec 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andres van der dys

Mar 13, 2004
    houston
    Full Name:
    andres van der dys
    We have an opportunity to go visit and run for a day at the new HARRIS HILL RACE TRACK in San Marcus TX. It is a track that is located about 2.5 hours from Houston, between San Antonio and Austin. It is a 1.8 mile 11 turn track that has good elevation changes and from my understanding is fun and challenging. We will need to be at least 15 people to make the day and if we all make it out there it will only be $220 for the day. Any car is welcome but open wheel cars and high decibel cars.
    The Plan: Meet at 6am on Friday December 19th at the Starbucks Cafe at the corner of I-10 and Kirkwood so I can pass out radios. Take off at 6:30 to get to the track by 9am or so. The track will be ours for the hole day so there will be plenty of driving. I will make my best to have plenty of drinks and food for all of us.
    We will run till 5pm and head back home after that.... by then it will be every man for them selves.
    If you are interested please send me a note ASAP so I can book the track.
    If you have any questions please call me at 713-539-5570
    Andres van der Dys

2. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Anders,

It is a GREAT track. Do a little search for H2R or Harris Hill Road or Central Texas Race track and I think you will find a long thread on it! Bo (the owner) is awesome too! Great place! I love the track. Not a super fast track but you have all sorts of turns and good run off areas!

Have fun!
    James

3. andres van der dys

Mar 13, 2004
    houston
    Full Name:
    andres van der dys
    Thanks for the update James, and it is good to hear from you. I am looking forward to the day, I am one person short of being full for the day.
    I think I will be doing this several times a year.......
    Talk to you soon and I will post after the event for an update....
    Take care

4. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I attended the AF1 Aprilia Forum track day at Harris Hill and I can tell you that, from a motorcycle riding POV, it is a technical track with a significant elevation component and corners with positive, flat and negative cambers, sweepers mostly, but some blind stuff. There are 2 places that seem to bite folks, and one of them is an uphill off camber rt hander, and the other is a flat left hander at the bottom of a hill. The slowest turn is T-1, and is blind on the back side of a gentle rise and can come up on you pretty quick. Decent runoff, but some rocks off the track. Most of the pavement is good, with the exception of the inside of the long Turn 3 on the inside of the turn.....take the middle and late apex and you are good, but the ripples on the inside are pretty upsetting to a motorcycles suspension.

I think you will have a good time and I will consider participating with my Maranello.....

Axe

5. andres van der dys

Mar 13, 2004
    houston
    Full Name:
    andres van der dys
    Thanks for the input Axe, I hope you can make it too with us.
    I will be in the look out for those spots on track .... TRACK YOU LATER!!!!!!

6. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    #6 ...m..., Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
    ...i spent a day on this track in september; it was fantastic fun and remains an unbeatable deal for a private technical road course...

...will this be an FCA-only event, or are you open to outsiders meeting you there?..i'd love to bring my lotus for another day on the track...

7. andres van der dys

Mar 13, 2004
    houston
    Full Name:
    andres van der dys
    This event is open for anyone that is willing to have save fun at the track. I have been doing events since 1998 and all my events are open to everyone.
    Please you can contact me any time at 713-539-5570 or via e-mail at [email protected]
    Best regards,
    Andres