about to get a 360/430 and feeling guilty already | Page 2 | FerrariChat

about to get a 360/430 and feeling guilty already

Discussion in '360/430' started by ositosucio, Dec 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    That C64 was amazing :) I loved Commodore 64 actually. I had same version as he did and also the latest model. Before i had Sinclair ZX Spectrum with that rubber buttons. Damn, that was great time.....

2. vnichols

vnichols Rookie

Jul 13, 2005
    #27 vnichols, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2008
    I have learned one thing from fchat over the years. That thing is, there are too many pretentious out there that have an opinion on everything someone states. At the end of the day whether or not he is real, is your opinion. What do we gain from the truth, or lack thereof in his post? NONE. If he is dreaming let him dream, WE ALL STARTED OFF POOR AND DREAMING. To the gentleman who posted this thread, buy whatever you like. If you are blessed to buy a Ferrari, get it. people who give you snide looks or remarks about your car. I personally could give 2 less about what some ****** who doesnt have a Ferrari thinks of me for owning, and driving mine. That is MY opinion!

3. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    And 12 posts..........

4. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    must be a wan....I mean a lurk...er.

5. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Boy, did this thread turn out to be a complete waste of time.

6. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Haha!

7. ositosucio

ositosucio Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    to all the people accusing me of being a scammer, lier, or whatever... thanks.

I have a small debt I keep revolving to maintain my current credit score ...

I am sure many of you know this but if you dont use credit, you dont get a good credit history/score.
    It is in the low 1000s and most of it is always paid in full monthly.

The guilty feeling comes from my childhood I am sure. I currently drive a 80K car anyways, I guess the 100k barrier for a car really plays with your mind.
    But like many of you say, I am sure once I am driving I ll forget all about it:)

8. ositosucio

ositosucio Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    actually, it means, dirty bear...

my wife is studying spanish and I just got it from one of her books, i thought it was funny.

9. ositosucio

ositosucio Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    thanks for your comments. You understood me correctly.

I am one of those compulsive savers you mention. I wish everybody in this board were as insightful as you are.

10. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Im not trying to be a goob, but you say your cc is usually in the low 1000's per month and you say "and most of it is always paid in full monthly"

My question is is why would a guy with 1m in the bank almost always pay a $1000 cc bill of monthly. Obviously to acrue 1m is savings your a great saver. Why then would you throw interest away on a cc payment that is always almost paid in full? :) :)

11. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    A lot of people on this board, sometimes ones who are moderators (not to knock the mod on this thread), like to pretend they are important, and they take unusual delight in picking on folks. Don't let those particular pretentious folks cause you any grief, if you decide you want the car buy it, if not, don't. Bum rides with those who have one, until you're comfortable in buying one. It's a great car, however, if you just want to get one to look at it, don't. They are meant to be driven, and if you can't drive one without thinking about depreciation, don't do it. They are meant to be driven, not looked at in the garage.

Art

12. ammoman

ammoman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    WINDERMERE FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    ERIC
    No...it means "dirty little bear"
    Erico

13. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    Do it, Nobody wants to look back and regret not doing something.

14. Sharif

Sharif Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Sharif
    I don't see what the big deal is with the million in the bank and having a little debt... I was working on the financials of one guy and he is worth more than a hundred million with approx 50+ million in cash at the bank. For the 4 years of financials I had he carried about 15,000 in debt annually.

15. vnichols

vnichols Rookie

Jul 13, 2005
    Lurker? Yes. Wannabe no. Ferraris are cars just like everything else out there, and yes I am enjoying ownership of an exotic, and have for years. Not a Ferrari, they are more common place than Lambos. Anyone can spend 100k for a Ferrari, or any USED exotic. All you have to do is buy the F-car instead of a Porsche, or Vette, or Viper, ect. A 100k 360 might be special to some, but to people used to having money, its not a big deal. Its a big deal to people who spend their days pining away for one, when you growup around these things, they become common place(yes, I know I will get tons of backlash for that comment,Its the truth though). How is Prague? Im thinking of going there in March, any recommendations would be appreciated.

16. ositosucio

ositosucio Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    ok, ok.. si quieres ser exacto tienes toda la razon:)

17. ositosucio

ositosucio Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    if the balance is low and you pay 90% of it every month.. how much interest am I paying? not much at all.

18. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Now about as good of a time as any as the prices have dropped considerably. Get a used F430 coupe and enjoy life.

19. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    What did he say?????

20. ositosucio

ositosucio Rookie

Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, i have seen a few local ones at around 150k-160k.
    another thing im worried about is storage. I live in a nice condo with valet, but im not sure there is indoor parking.

21. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Buy what you like! Who cares about what everyone else thinks. If it makes you happy, that's all that matters...:)

22. masterlu

masterlu Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Florida, Cape Cod MA
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    By the time I had my first million, I already had my Ferrari 328, Porsche 930, & Lambo Countach.

23. masterlu

masterlu Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Florida, Cape Cod MA
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    #48 masterlu, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. ositosucio

ositosucio Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    hahahaha it sounds like that was some time ago.. and a million then would have been like 2 or 3 now I guess!

25. ositosucio

ositosucio Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    awesome picture, the best of each world!