Bacon Alert on the Palisades parkway. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bacon Alert on the Palisades parkway.

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Simba, Jan 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    sharks dont eat bacon or pigs! everyone knows that there are more donuts in the ocean than pigs.

2. Simba

Simba Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    I could. But I won't. ;)

3. FastFurious

FastFurious Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2006
    NYC-Upper East Side
    Thank you.....

thank you very much!!!!!!!!

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Yep. I was just at Sciortino's Sat & passed through the Perth's. Brutal! Everyone knows you don't mess with them. :D

(BTW: Pizza at Sciortino's is worth the risk. Tray Pizza: Best in NJ)

5. BMoney5327

BMoney5327 Karting

Mar 15, 2006
    Piscataway,NJ
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Perth Amboy cops suck too!!!!

6. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Still stashing acorns away....prob is the more I stash the more the 288 goes up...Havent seen one lately under $495,000.00
    Last year they were 350,000.

7. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
  8. cntrvrsy

cntrvrsy Karting

Aug 17, 2006
    New York
    Full Name:
    Doug
    For real! But 'Parkway Pig' is what really had me laughing, never heard that one either.

9. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
  10. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Sure, a 288 is sweet. But you have to have respect for the original. Out of principle, I couldn't do this to a 308 or even a Fiero. I'll pass.

As to the above postings, Donut shark is funny.
    Parkway pig.....just too coarse to be funny. I'll pass.

11. Simba

Simba Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    I could see doing that to a 308, so long as you left it badged as a 308 and didn't try to pass it off as a 288.

Donut Shark is more of a tongue in cheek friendly term. Parkway pig isn't, but those guys have earned it.

12. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Then it's neither a 308 or 288. Sort of a cross-dresser or poser. I'll stay straight 308 or 288, thank you very much. ;)

13. JOEY P

JOEY P Karting

Apr 8, 2006
    GLEN COVE NY
    Full Name:
    JOEY PICC
    THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP GOING UP THAT WAY ON THURS AND FRI. BACK IN OCT GOT A 70 IN 50.

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    +1. So good!

15. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Yes Clyde the are brutal hhehhehheh....I still hate them coppers, Yes sciortino's is by far one of the best Pizza joints.
    JUst wish I was not working that day you guys came down, would have join you players.

16. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    You are so done......lololololo

17. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    NOoooo!

18. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    lol Arrwin returns! Whats up man, hows the pcar doing? When are we gonna see you on a run?

19. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    Whazzup P? Pcar is good...itching to drive it, but still some salt on the roads plus it's 13 degrees out. It would really be "Aircooled" today!

20. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    Agreed. I was so itching to take out the Audi or the evo....must hold on for 21 more days....

21. ssquid

ssquid Karting

Oct 14, 2006
    NY
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/14/nyregion/new-jersey/14palisadesnj.html?ref=new-jersey

December 14, 2008
    LAW ENFORCEMENT
    Bill Calls for Shutting Down Parkway Police in Favor of Bergen’s

By CAREN CHESLER
    THE Palisades Interstate Parkway is a 42-mile stretch of road that runs alongside the cliffs bordering the Hudson River, between the George Washington Bridge and Bear Mountain. In New York, the road is patrolled by the New York State Police, but in New Jersey, the highway is not patrolled by the state or county police but by the Palisades Interstate Parkway Police Department, a small agency of 24 employees created in about 1910.

The parkway police patrol not just the highway but also the 2,500 acres of Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey. The agency even has its own court system to handle fines and penalties. But now there is a bill pending in the State Legislature that would disband the department and have its duties taken over by the Bergen County Police Department.

Democratic Assemblyman Gordon M. Johnson, a former Englewood police sergeant, Bergen County undersheriff and one of the bill’s sponsors, said the measure could save the state $1 million to $2 million, as parkway buildings are shut, the parkway commission’s court system is closed and the number of workers needed to handle the job is reduced. Mr. Johnson said he believed the 93-member Bergen County Police Department could patrol the parkway with just 15 officers, and their cost would be covered by having Bergen County’s courts, and not the parkway commission’s court, receive the revenues generated by parkway fines. That figure amounted to $1.6 million last year, according to the parkway police.

“We have a billion-dollar deficit in the 2008 budget, and this will save them $2.1 million,” Mr. Johnson said. “That’s not much, but it’s something.”

The matter was brought up on Monday at an Assembly committee meeting. No vote was taken, and the discussion is to continue in January.

While the cost savings are attractive, Mr. Johnson said the issue fell into his radar after he received eight or nine complaints from defense lawyers who contended their clients were targets of aggressive enforcement by the parkway police.

22. 96GTS

96GTS Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2004
    FWERRRF, Oh please cops down here in Central Jersey are boring to me. It's not even like they exist half the time. 287 is a mess and Route 1 is just getting cleaned up in a few spots.:D

--RS

23. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Here here! The cops on the PIP are the absolute worst.

24. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    snap snap.

Anyone here know who to get in touch with in the state to show support for this bill?

25. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    It is about time.

Maybe if there was more consolidation among NJ towns, where forces are overstaffed, the state could reel in some expenses.