Ferrari FX70 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari FX70

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by arhimede, Nov 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yes, the Veyron was the Zenith of the current Monsters

Future Monsters will have a different philosophy and will be more Lotus-like than Veyronish

2800 # w 700 hp and a cf tub

Later down the road I'm sure we'll see 700hp hybrids

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    And this will last at least a generation. Sure, we might see cars that do 260mph, faster in the quarter, but will they be as over the top and luxurious as the Veyron? No matter how they perform, it will always be "X is faster than the Veyron", so no matter what, it is and will be the pinnacle benchmark to beat.

3. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    look at pic #3 the seats are forward because the eng bulkhead is 6''-10'' into the pass compartment[could that mean a v-12?] also could the car have been streched? and just look like 430 qtr panels?

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    If I'm not mistaken in one of the other threads showing pics of this mule Napolis said that this is the mule for the F430 successor.

5. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007

No absolutely not. The car may be smaller & lighter than the Enzo but it won't look anything like a 430.

Ferrari has several reasons to hide the design of their super cars but I think the 2 most important reasons are.

1. It builds suspense & excitement.

2. Theft!!!! I think Ferrari learned a long time ago if you don't keep your projects under complete wraps cars like the Miura are developed with their design ideas & technology.

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Once again the next supercar is years away. There are several mules running around. Some are the F430 replacement some are testing the GP2 engine.

The idea that the engineers/designers who designed the Miura stole anything from Ferrari is absurd and untrue.

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The 1960's Muira?? It has the roof and overall shape of a GT40. Ford should be the one who is upset. The Muira designer even admits he used the GT40 as a base.

8. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    #33 Ferrari FXX, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008

The Miura was built by ex Ferrari mechanics that Lamborghini hired. Lamborhgini didn't even know the car exsisted. The car was a personal side project for racing. When Lamborghini found out about it he gave funding for the car on the condition it would never be raced & turned into a production model.

Disagree if you will but in my book thats ripping Ferrari off.

9. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Firstly Giotto Bizzarini did work for Ferrari, he was not directly involved with the Miuria, Giampaulo Dallara as far as I know didnt work for Ferrari, neither did Bob Wallace.

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Werd.

Let's see a transverse 12 that looks like a GT 40. Sounds like a Ferrari to me. Not.

11. EL Nino

EL Nino Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    It's design by PininFarina?

thnx

12. 288gt-uh-oh

288gt-uh-oh Karting

Dec 30, 2006
    Intercooled Turbo Diesel Hybrid pushing massive boost and excellent MPG...extra room in cabin for battery packs powering front all-wheel-drive motors, which required more suspension travel and hence altered fender flares. Because Formula One is also going hybrid and "green", and because the new GTR and Gallardo are awd. Part of the new cleaner and cheaper Ferrari line, like the California, and because of the crappy global economy.
    ...this may be a stretch

13. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
  14. emiel

emiel Karting

Sep 26, 2006
    Vlissingen
    Full Name:
    Emiel Wind
    Whichever successor we are talking about here, to me it seems that the rear of it will be looking like the 599 with single taillights (I have to disagree with the drawings)

15. F&M racing

F&M racing Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    JimF
    #40 F&M racing, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
    As I mentioned earlier one is a mule, the other is a sketch done by someone probably at Topspeed or a Freelance artist in photoshop based off of information they receive. I'm a retired Auto designer and we use to be amused at comments on the net and magazines trying for figure out what mules were or how a car model may look like when released. Sit back and wait, use the sketches and mules as a clue, but don't always expect these to be close or final. We use to put engines for testing in some platforms for testing that weren't even meant for that platform just to get data. We even had the old mules still running around when the near final prototypes were testing. Ferrari could have a couple of configurations running around early.

16. pascalt

pascalt Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Pascal
    Instead of these pictures, some sound clips or movies could help to listen this engine..:)

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    What Ferrari advertised the FXX was for and what is actually is for could be (imo are) two different things. It seems like an easy sales pitch to get more money in Ferraris hands, does it not? Why would any car company develop their next best thing with retired millionaires not capable of pushing the car to the limit like a real test driver?

Not sure if you're implying a 700hp cf tub car will have a higher top speed than the Veyron. Top speed is dependent on power and aerodynamics, not weight (that's for acceleration). The drag on a Veyron and the next great car will probably be similar, which means the higher HP car will have the higher top speed. 700hp won't cut it.

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think the FXX programme included driver training to squeeze the absolute most out of the driver and car.

the veyron has a high drag coefficient of 0.36 and 0.33 in topspeed mode IIRC. for comparison, the nissan GTR has a drag coefficient of just 0.27. the Mclaren F1 can reach just 12mph shy of the veyron with over 360 less than the veyron. I dont know the drag coeffecient of the F1 and I cant be bothered to work out how many powers the GTR would need to top 253, lol.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm fairly certain that a driver training course was provided as well, but I still doubt the potential of the cars have been met (outside of Michael's).

The McLaren was unstable at those speeds, not to mention the rev limiter was removed on it. If they would have bumped up the power and gotten to higher speeds, I'm sure it would have been even more unstable possibly making it unable to break the Veyron's mark. With a higher mass, the Veyron should be more stable at those speeds.

20. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Just replying to the F1 being unstable at 230-240 or so.

I remember hearing an interview with Andy Wallace, who if I remember correctly was the guy who drove the F1 to 240.1, and he said that it really wasn't bad at that speed. Apparently it got a bit light between 220-225 or 220-230, but once through that, it was absolutely fine.

And having seen the video of the top speed run, it certainly doesn't seem that unstable to me. Granted I'm not in the car doing those speeds, but it certainly doesn't look like Wallace is bothered.

21. Alex1015

Alex1015 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2005
    USA
    My thoughts exactly. Clearly it looks forced induction and with the talk of a Turbo V8 or N/A V-12 for the next supercar I am inclined to believe this is a supercar mule. Additionally, the wheelbase looks stretched in the profile picture, but that could just be my eyes. The firewall seems to stretch in the cockpit more than usual.Also curious to see that the mule uses 599 lights on the outside.

My conclusion,mule for next supercar.

22. mls

mls Karting

May 1, 2005
    Miura? Bertone (Marcello Gandini).

23. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    How do you say Prius in Italian ? :)

24. luken

luken Rookie

Jul 18, 2007
    Yep, what a joke. someones just got creative on Photoshop.

25. nsxpowered

nsxpowered Rookie

Mar 12, 2007
    The F70 is a V-8 with TT. It will be interesting on how the world market will perceive this car.