Maserati of Kansas City | FerrariChat

Maserati of Kansas City

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Coolhand, Dec 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coolhand

Coolhand Karting

Mar 30, 2007
    Overland Park Kansas
    So I was at the Oak Park Mall today strolling around and the usual Aristocrat Motors cars were parked around various locations inside the mall on the bottom floor, when I was surprised to happen upon a brand new 2009 Maserati GranTurismo. Apparently Aristocrat is now a new Maserati dealer. Does anyone know if Aristocrat has plans to become a Ferrari dealer as well?

By the way, the mall was D-E-A-D and there are some serious sales going on. Out of curiosity I stopped at Hannoush Jewelers and was looking at Rolex watches. Sticker price on a new Submariner was $9,200 but without even haggling the salesman offered me the watch for $7,200. They had the look of desperation in their eyes. I didn't buy the watch as I don't know a thing about fine watches, so I really have no idea if $7,200 for a new Rolex Submariner is a good deal or not, but $2,000 off without even negotiating seems like a pretty good deal.

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Offer 'em $5,000 - worst they can do is say no.

3. rcm360

rcm360 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Reese
    Aristocrat has been a Maserati dealer since late summer of this year. They have ordered a few cars for clients, but not sold anything in stock. It seems a majority of people that wanted a Maserati in KC have already bought them. Some potential clients have thought about buying, but then looked at the pre-owned market and have done the math. They used to be a Ferrari dealer when Horst owned the store and I am sure that Tony and Marion would like to be again, but they have enough on the board with the MB KC store opening late and Progress Point MB in St. Louis sucking wind.

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    yep, that dealer never made since to me. absolutely the wrong location (not close to the customers and hard to get into), lot never has more than 10 new cars on it and maybe 10 used luxury cars. most of their inventory is used SUV's (escalades, H2s, etc), Mustangs, Vettes, etc. constant advertising in papers, TV, shopping malls, billboards...and no business. scary

5. Coolhand

Coolhand Karting

Mar 30, 2007
    Overland Park Kansas
    "Aristocrat has been a Maserati dealer since late summer of this year. They have ordered a few cars for clients, but not sold anything in stock."

That doesn't sound good. I heard that Lake Forest Maserati in Milwaukee WI was open for two months before they closed up shop. It sounds like Aristocrat probably won't be selling Maseratis in Kansas City for very long either if these trends continue. Although, I don't believe that Aristocrat actually built a separate building or anything for their Maserati operation, so the capital investment for adding Maserati to their current sales lineup was probably fairly minimal.

6. rcm360

rcm360 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Reese
    Yeah, not sure on Progress Point either.. It is very difficult for anyone to do business in St. Louis if they are not from St. Louis, especially if they are from Kansas City, not sure why just seems the be true. They picked the location based on the new development trends in the area.

Aristocrat is modifying the Porsche building which will also hold Maserati. The parent company that owns Aristocrat/Soave Automotive Group is a very small % of their overall holdings, less than 5%, so the issue of the lack of Maserati sales is not going to make a big overall difference.

7. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

Given the luxury car market especially in KC and/or other market areas these upper bracket car manf. would be wise to allow any dealer to offer their brand w/o the typical costs assoc. with being a representative dealer. With that being said if you own a Maserati you might want to be prepared to what on parts when needed so you local dealer doesn't have to cost sitting on the parts self when they can use the $ elsewhere during this down cycle.

8. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    #8 mchferrari, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    Made a quick stop at the dealership today. They had a GranTurismo S and a QP in the MB showroom. Work was being done on the Porsche showroom which I assume was to make for the Maser modifications, since they share the same building. Driving around the lot saw a Bentley GT, Vantage Volante, and GranTurismo... suspect these are preowned units.
    I don't think anyone thought this would become the next St. Louis Maserati dealer. I wouldn't expect much more than a few new cars in inventory at any given point.

9. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Thanks for the update... I drove by there the other day and noticed the Porsche showroom was empty and wondered what was up.

10. rcm360

rcm360 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Reese
    All of the above were owned by a former customer that past away several months ago.

11. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Don't know much abut the dealership but I know about fine jewelry since I've dabbled in it quite a bit, that is a really good deal on a submariner Rolex as they go anywhere from the price you origanally saw of $9200 on up to $10,000 so it would be a good buy!