PPI needed in Atlanta | FerrariChat

PPI needed in Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by John B, Jan 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    #1 John B, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
    I need recomendations for someone to do a PPI on a Challenge Stradale in Atlanta. The car is at Motorcars of Georgia.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

John B

2. atlshaver

atlshaver Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    That is a good looking car - rare color. I would go the Ferrari of Atlanta - it is 15 minutes up the road.

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I don't think FOA does PPI's anymore, at least they didn't last time I checked.

4. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    They do not.

5. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    The guy that owned that car is a member here I think, and also on the Lambo board. You should get in touch with him, he is a really nice guy.

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    #6 4re308, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
    Hi John, call Mike @ Old World Motorcars in Tucker 770-938-0908, they can do the PPI for you.

7. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Try Steve Ahlgrim- 678-361-7997. He lives up that way.

8. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Getting it done with Old World Motorcars. Thanks for the help!

9. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Thats correct. I talked to Craig and he said that they dont call it a PPI, something along the lines of a vehicle diagnostic. Apparently the story goes that someone bought an F car and got a PPI done and one of the recommended things that need looking at were the tires. Week or two later, the buyer got in a crash....died perhaps and the family sued the dealer saying that they should have made him get new tires. Not sure if the case was related to FOA or some other dealer. So with that, FOA will not do a PPI but they will gladly look at the car and tell you if something needs your attention. I think there is some legal binding with a PPI, not sure though.

10. Thorpiticus

Thorpiticus Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    John
    If you need someone to drive the car around a little, feel free to let me know! I'll even take it from MoG to OWM for free.

11. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    FYI - I had FOA do an SD2 readout (technically not a PPI) and then Old World Motorcars do a PPI ex SD2.
    The two combined gave me everything I needed to know. The car was perfect.

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  13. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Thanks for posting the website Wade.

14. atlshaver

atlshaver Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    So.... does that mean you are buying?

15. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    It is a really nice car. The guy who used to own it was a fantatic from what I can tell. I am sure it will treat you well. Congrats if you get it!!! I was at the dealership when it arrived and it is good looking.

16. notbostrom

notbostrom Formula Junior

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    FOA is kinda going to crap. Levi is gone, I wasn't impressed with the new guy Tom when I spoke to him. The consignment program they have is an insult and now they won't do a PPI..... Just my $0.02

17. atlshaver

atlshaver Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I see the car is shown as sold on the site so it looks like it has a new home.

18. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Good for him, he will enjoy it. Looked really nice when they brought it up here for the read out we did.

19. allans

allans Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    roswell, ga
    Full Name:
    allan
    I am unimpressed as well. I purchased about six cars there over the last five years- all from Levi. My first interaction w/ Tom was underwelming to say the least. Now the customer is only a "mark" to make a deal, same as any run of the mill dealer. I'll use their service which is still good. For anything else I'll find an alternative. It's definitly not in my nature to criticize, but in this case I'm very disappointed and feel it's warranted. Allan

PS; Chris, Cary,Mark & crew are still shinning lignts.