Anybody bring in a US spec Maserati here? | FerrariChat

Anybody bring in a US spec Maserati here?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ara, Jan 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    if so how much did the conversion cost considering the work "has" to be done at the Ferrari/Maserati dealership. Where can i find out what items need to be addressed when importing a car, the specific changes needed.

I might be interested in bringing in a 05-06 Gransport, if my research proves they're a nice reliable summer daily driver

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

www.riv.ca

Then call the local dealer nearest to you.

3. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    call me.

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Our dealer brought in a quattroporte and it was a bit of a pain. We had to have ferrari of ontario change the cluster and load software for the daytime running lamps. It was expensive, frustrating, time consuming and lots of red tape. Because FOO didnt import the car, therefore not making the profit, we got dicked around.

5. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    that's what i was afraid of. They dicked my cousin around when we got him the 575 maranello.

6. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    will do, maybe you can get me other cars that i'm interested in also. where is your office in Toronto?

7. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    #7 JamesSimpson, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    i'm working from home now but actually have a meeting today to rent an office and space at autoforum as i'm getting a little lazy staying at home everyday and I have cars people want me to sell and no where to store them, It would still be Simpson Automotive Consulting which is and will remain a complete seperate entity of Autoforum.

Also maserati's are a pain $7k for the cluster and once everythings said and done I can find one cheaper already here. As I said in another thread theres some REALLY good buy's out there if people have cash in hand!

8. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    i can understand, we have some commercial property, maybe i can rent you some space.

9. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    hope it works out dude........the GranSport is one helluva car!!!

10. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    it sure is ... the gearbox actually works properly in that version lol