Any Road Bikers? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any Road Bikers?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by fingolfin, Nov 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    do you have any interest in some other vintage bikes? I have a friend who may be looking to unload his collection

2. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
  3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I am interested in 70-80's BMX bikes. Especially 80's Freestyling bikes like Haro, GT, and Dyno. Let me know if he has any.

4. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    I loved my Hutch windstyler!!!!!

5. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Quick list of what I have owned:

Nishiki Modulus (first bike at 14)
    Diamond Back Ti Road bike (at 16)
    Klien Quantam
    GT (Olympic team style steel bike)
    Specialized M2 Metal Matrix
    Trek 5500 (nude carbon edition)
    Serotta Aluminum (can't remember the name, Kenisis Alum bike)
    Giant TCR Zero*
    Specialized Festina Team bike (full record, lightest production bike at time, sloping top tube non M-4)
    Santa Cruz Roadster(get this, full Mavic Mektronic group, oh yeah!!!)
    Colnago CT-1 (the non monostay bike, best riding bike I have ever had)
    Colnago Dream Plus*
    Colnago C-40
    Colnago C-50 (dura Ace)
    Specialized Tarmac Pro (Dura Ace bike)*
    Scott CR-1 superlight(Dura Ace, incredible bike)
    Ridley Excalibur (Full SRAM Force)*
    Ridley Helium (full SRAM Red, on my second one)*
    Fuji SST 1.0 (New Team Bike)*
    Jamis Xenith T2 TT bike*

I am reasonably sure there are a few that I am missing. Pretty complete list though. If there is an asterisk, it is still currently in my basement. Still racing, just don't have as much time anymore to go out and put in a lot of miles. I miss it quite a bit.

6. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Chris........... you over achiever you...!

(Hey, Vicky and I will be by tomorrow afternoon on the Vision. Granted yes it has a motor).

BobR

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #32 sherpa23, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is some of what I am on for 2009 (although there is a component switch on all my road bikes since I took these pics). Racing pro again in 2009 (raced cat 1 last year as it was my first year back to the sport). I have a couple of others that I cannot post pics of as they have not been announced publicly as of yet.

Still working though. A pro contract isn't enough to go full time for me anymore.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. cookie

cookie Rookie

Jan 7, 2009
    #33 cookie, Jan 22, 2009
    I was a pro on Navigators and Health Net. Hunter actually helped me get on Navs. Got to race in Europe too.
    Cycling market is pretty bad right now with a bunch of teams folding, but I bet the Lance effect will help 2010.
    I just found this site and I love it.
    Matt Cooke

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Welcome to FerrariChat Matt, I've heard of you! I read cyclingnews.com almost daily. Are you racing this year?

10. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Welcome to FChat! and thx for the cool pic - which race is that?

11. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Yeah, welcome. Awesome to see a bunch of guys that ride over here. Thought I was the only one for a while. I remember chatting with Sherpa a while back. I don't have time to race at that level anymore, I already have not had a day off in 4 weeks (other than Sunday, we are closed).

Hey Matt, it looks like you rode for Nav when Cesar was there. Is that true? Also, last picture looks like you probably know John Murphy. All local Atlanta/Athens guys. My coaches name is Thad Dulin, he rode for Jittery Joes two years ago and for DLP last year. Glad to see you guys on a Ferrari site!!!

Sherpa, love the Parlees. They are awesome framesets. I have never had one but everyone that I know that does tells me they are the dogs danglies.

Bob, what happened to you today. I saw you roll in on that amazing looking motorcycle. What is that thing??? I have never seen one of those. YOu were there one minute and then gone the next. I did not even get to see you. Was too busy getting a Scuderia ready for delivery. Hope to see you next time though.

12. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    bicycle miles traveled = 600 approx 30hrs
    ferrari miles traveled= 100 approx 1.1hrs

any questions????

13. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Maybe a guest appearance by Ivan dominguez? He is a good friend of mine and a major car lover.[/QUOTE]

What happened to your boy in Australia??? I have known him for a while, not as good a friend as you though for sure. HE is very good friends with my friend Cheryl from Atlanta and seems like a nice guy. I think Europe is going to be a tough transition for him. Look at what happened to JJ Haedo. American crit racers just have a tough time over there, such a different world.

14. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    he was waiting for a team until the 11th hour. just got the protour contract about a month ago which left him little time for the moving and training in spain. i think he will adjust but gonna take some time. jj has had some nice results in the past couple of years i thought.

15. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    A couple for sure, but nothing like here in the US. Where has he been, I have heard nothing about him as of late. He kind of dropped off the radar. I was really happy for Ivan with Servetto, Rock would have killed him. They offered him a sweet contract, but with what happened to Baden Cooke you can see he would likely have never gotten it. If you ever want to come up and ride some hills, feel free to look me up. Who would have thought we could have a FerrariChat Team Training camp. I vote for Tuscany!!!

16. cookie

cookie Rookie

Jan 7, 2009
    Hi guys, I just saw these replys. That race was one of several I did in Belgium/germany/netherlands. I can't remember what race, maybe E3 Prij. I was not there with Cesar. But I know him well. I was with Nav's the last year they existed in 2007.
    I tried very hard but I could not find a contract for 2009. So I am going to race on a US amateur team called RideClean. We will still do all the big races so that is great. Thanks for asking.

17. Pedro

Pedro Karting

Nov 17, 2008
    Full Name:
    P Licious
    Sorry I forgot about this thread. So yes, I'm always interested in other vintage bikes. For me however they have to be ones that I ride. No garage queens (same as my cars). PM me and we can take it offline.

18. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Ha, Cat 1, go figure I mention that JJ has not been around for a while and there he goes. He must have heard me as he won a stage in Argentina, his home country, yesterday. Matt, that rideclean gig looks to be a good one. I could see that blossoming into something along the lines of Garmin/Chipotle, maybe not that big though.

19. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    jj definitely heard ya

20. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #45 DrStranglove, Jan 29, 2009
  21. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    That is awesome. I have always wanted an SL1. They made that bike for Boonen and it is supposed to be AWESOME to ride. Congrats, nice bike to give somebody. Isn't that thing like 8k...

22. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  23. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    +1. That '74 Masi is just a knockout! Always wanted a 70's Masi, preferably in red, with Campy NR or SR. The other bikes aren't too shabby also! ;-)

I have a '85 Bianchi Brava with mixed Campy which gets riden evert Saturday, and also a 1960's RWC Champion (from Austria) with thumbscrew quickreleases, sewups on old logo Mavis'c, Weinnmann 750's and Campy Valentino...which mostly hangs on the wall.

24. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain

I'm not your brother but I'll take a bike....Just kidding...that is unless you will buy me one and in that case i am 100% serious.

25. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    #50 Uomo360F1, Mar 18, 2009