A little toy arrived today for some work(clutch) | FerrariChat

A little toy arrived today for some work(clutch)

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by tbakowsky, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
  2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    nice Countach. How many miles? Looks like its been sitting for awhile.

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    She's been sitting for about 3 years in a shed beleive it or not. This car was the last car to be restored by the Lambo factory when it was under the control of Chrysler. The former owner of the car sent it there after it caught fire. He spend almost 400k on it, got it back and parked it. Now it's in my shop for a going over and a clutch replacment. It has 24k on it. It needs a really good high speed to bring the paint back up but over all it's in quite good condition.

4. richanton

richanton Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I love the Diablo, but I still prefer the lines of the Countach. That car is so wild looking that nothing else comes close, and the design is timeless imo. I would really prefer to own both.

5. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    The Countach is just old enough now that it triggers an emotional nostalgic response from sportscar fans. Just like my father used to look at older Thunderbirds and 57 Chevys when I was a kid and I'd be like "Dad those cars looks like ****". It's an emotional fondness rather than a true appreciation for the look.

The countach was the car that caused endless debate at the junior high lunch tables, the car that seemed larger than life to adolescent boys. Nothing from Ferrari during that time ever overtook it as the focus of posters, movies, etc.

I like the Countach's lines, but the Diablo in those pics is just too clean. Much better looking to my eye.

6. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    The countach is just sick looking, everyone has drooled over it at one point.

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Bumpers = bad.

8. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    For me, the Countach is the most beautiful of any of Lamborghinis designs. My favorite versions of the car would have to be the earlier S models, the LP400S and the LP5000S. Unfortunately, the lines of the Countach were ruined on the American version with the added front and rear bumpers.

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Awesome!!!

But how did he manage to spend 400K on it? Was it his own money? If so, ouch!

10. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Very nice....thanks for the pics Tom.

The Countach has been on my wish list for a long time now....can't wait until one is in the garage!

11. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Countach will always be bad ass.

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Countach was one of the first exotics I saw. I still love this car, I actually think it looks a little better without the rear wing.

13. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Will always love the Countach. I still have a Car & Driver from 12/83 with a black one on the cover. Sorta like a Playboy magazine...how could one possibly throw it away?

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Fire is a common problem with stored cars esp. if you don't use them. The gas turns to varnish, floats stick, FI clots, raw fuel runs down onto the headers.
    MAKE sure you remove and clean the fuel system after a 3 year sit. I know this is a problem with Muria's not sure about CT's.
    As Allan drives his cars I doubt this has ever happened to him.

15. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    The Countach is the "OG" of Exotics. I remember those posters of the Countach back in my school days too, lol! And who can forget the ongoing dreams and convorsations as a kid. I'll admit though, the C/T does look like a fat cow and a little unproportional at certain angles, but get the camera at the right angle where the curves begin to look like the curve of a woman's body and WOOOAAA!

For example: [​IMG]

16. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I think you nailed it on the head. It makes sense, when I was growing up I loved the look of the 850 and the nsx and the F355. Today's kids seem to not like those cars so much because they are wedge shaped. Todays kids like the audi TT, the 360 and so on.

So I guess some cars just grasp a generation, and the countach was a just before my time.

Frog, you are right, that black one you posted looks stunning.

However a Porsche 356 always looks good. Some things are just hard to explain I guess. :)

17. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

Here you go Eric. I agree, THE cleanest, most beautiful Lambo, although I am really starting to lust after a 350 GT. Must be gettin' old!

18. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Beautiful!!!! Was that yours???

19. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Yes, search for a thread titled 79 LP400s if you want to see more of it.
    Thanks,
    Bill

20. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Absolutely stunning, Bill -- thanks for sharing the pics!

21. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Very nice!!! I love those style rims on the Countach as well.

22. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    #22 urraco, Feb 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    probably because of my age but the Diablo is my least fave Lambo and the Miura is far my beloved above ALL cars. BTW the Countach coined the phrase Exotic Car
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

the sexyness of the muria is unrivaled!

the red countach pictured w/o wing is making me sweat! how tough that car was...and still is!!!

i will be looking for on this summer. i hope i can find a euro trimmed qv weber car that has been cherish by its owner. i want a good one!!

there is still no street car that has the stage pressence of the countach...it was the first true super exotic!!!

24. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

See I like the Miura and the diablo.

The black countach looks nice, but the red one just isnt my cup of tea.

Looks like built by a high school kid.

Eh well, my apologies for offending anyone.

25. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland

No offense taken at all here, Ryan. On the contrary, everyone has different tastes, especially when it comes to the "finer" things in life -- and thankfully so, since it would certainly be a boring world for all of us if otherwise :)

In the end, they are all spectacular machines with amazing capabilities unique to each.