Mondial Check-Control Panel | FerrariChat

Mondial Check-Control Panel

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by peppydee, Jan 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peppydee

peppydee Rookie

May 11, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Dolgetta
    I have an 87 Mondial Cabrio and I could use some help from a fellow Mondial owner determining how the three electrical connector are connected on the Check-Control Panel. I still have a red sticker showing that the red connector goes on the rear connector, but not sure about the black and white connectors. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. MondiAl87

MondiAl87 Karting

Oct 10, 2005
    Sacramento Area
    Full Name:
    Al D.
    Sorry, I can't determine what part of the electrical system you are asking about. Is it the diagnostic panel next to the gear shift? Is it at the fuse panel? Please elaborate. Perhaps someone else can translate for me.

Thanx,

Al

3. peppydee

peppydee Rookie

May 11, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Dolgetta
    In the Mondial owner's manual it's call a "Check Control Display" item # 67. It's the larger retangular panel with all the warning lights. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for looking into this.

4. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    It is the rectnagular panel on the console next to the shifter. Can you try matching up the wire colors instead of the color of the connectors?

5. peppydee

peppydee Rookie

May 11, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Dolgetta
    The three connectors latch directly on to the Control Display unit. It's a printed circuit board, no wires. What I'm hoping to find out, is how the three connectors connect to the unit. I know the red goes to the "aft" contact. Now I need to find out where the black and white connectors go. They are all the same, and can be connected to any of the three contacts. Question is, does the black go to the middle contact and white connector to the "Forward" contact? Or, is it the other way around (black forward, and white to the middle). Thanks for any assistance from anyone out there that can take a look at their unit, and confirm the way the three connectors connect. The unit pops out of the console relatively easy.

Thanks!
    Joe

6. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    I can check and see if I have a wiring diagram and get back to you.

7. peppydee

peppydee Rookie

May 11, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Dolgetta
    Just wanted to "re-kindle" my hopes of getting some assistance from a fellow Mondial owner with a "Check-Control" display unit installed in the center console. Still trying to confirm the position of the white and black electrical connectors. I checked the only available wiring diagrams I could find for a Mondial, and they didn't cover the display unit.
    Thanks!!
    Joe D.

8. jonathan.mccall

jonathan.mccall Karting

Jan 25, 2008
    N.Ireland
    Full Name:
    Johnny Mccall
    Hey just installed my centre console yesterday on my 86 Mondial!
    Going from front to back its Black White Red....
    Good Luck, Johnny

9. peppydee

peppydee Rookie

May 11, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Dolgetta
    Thanks Johnny!! I'm back in business!! That was the last item to put back in place as I reinstalled the entire after a full Leatherique refurb. BTW, the leatherique job way exceeded my expectations. The interior looks absolutely brand new. I'll have to take some pics and post them. My Mondial is Red with a tan interior, and now black carpet (In my opinion, it looks sooooo much better with black carpet instead of the original tan). Again, THANKS!! for your help.
    Regards,
    Joe D.

10. jonathan.mccall

jonathan.mccall Karting

Jan 25, 2008
    N.Ireland
    Full Name:
    Johnny Mccall
    Hey Joe no bother! I was able to help, because Ive just done the same job only with the UK version (Liquid Leather)
    Its amazing! I took everything out apart from the dashboard lower...It looked way to big a job... The fitting of the console wasn't much fun was it?
    I sprayed with a compressor and spray gun, the finish is unbelievable...
    I'm having difficulties trying to get a good finish on the lower part of the dash! How did you do it !and the rest???
    Oh mine has tanned leather and red carpets much better than the beige and the black HA HA!!!

11. peppydee

peppydee Rookie

May 11, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Dolgetta
    Hi Johnny, not wanting to take out the trim around the convertible, I used a combo of cheese cloth/brush and foam brush. I spent a considerable amount of time masking the area. That was the hardest part of the job. For the lower dash, I too decided not the remove it. Instead, I only removed the glove box door and disassembled it completely, and again spent a considerable amount of time masking the area before using a combo of cheese cloth, brush and foam brush. The results are acceptable, but no way as nice as the two coats of dye I sprayed on all other parts. Once completely dry, I went lightly over all sprayed surfaces with 4000 grid, and then used a cream leather polish to restore a slight sheen to the surface of the leather. It's outstanding!! Couldn't be more satisfied with the results! I just noticed your N Ireland profile. My daughter and son-n-law are living in Athlone, Ireland. My son-n-law is on a two year work assignment with the Georgia Tech Research Institute. I visited with them this past Oct. Loved the place! Also during this past Oct, I had the pleasure of meeting one of your countrymen, Jim McGill who's with the Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club. He came over to the States with his Fiat 500 (new version), and attended the 2008 Fiat Freakout (annual meet), and several other events including the annual Italian Car Day in Atlanta, GA (where I live). It was great meeting Jim and his right hand drive Fiat 500. I actually got to drive it, and fell in love with it. In fact, anyone attending the event fell in love with the wonderful 500. You check it all out at: http://www.littlefiatbigadventure.com/
    I'll get some pics of my Mondial soon and load them to this thread.
    Take care!!
    Joe D.

12. jonathan.mccall

jonathan.mccall Karting

Jan 25, 2008
    N.Ireland
    Full Name:
    Johnny Mccall
    Hey Joe! Ive been to Athlone twice but it was years ago. I met a couple of guys whilst holidaying in Spain, and we kept in touch... I remember the castle being occupied by the army! (its about 180 miles from my house) Dromore County Down...
    Ive heard of the Italian Motor club and checked their website out. It seems pretty cool! That guy Jim Mcgill must be a real enthusiast!!!
    Ive thought of contacting them but I'm v v particular, so Ive been doing a lot of work to her before i join up to any origination. (My Mondy and my 1st Anniversary together was only last December) I bought her a Cherished number plate ENZ9 3 What do you think???
    Cant wait to see your interior! Ive everything done apart from the dash and fitted apart from the front seats...
    Johnny
    ps thanks for the advice on the dash!!!

13. peppydee

peppydee Rookie

May 11, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Dolgetta
    #13 peppydee, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Johnny, I love the plate!! I'll celebrate my 1 year with my Mondy in May. I got her a week before my daughter Gianna was married. The Mondy was the get-away car. It was Great!! The newlyweds sat up on the folded convertible as I has a friend dressed in a Ferrari Team shirt and a helmet, drive them off into the moonlight. VERY COOL!! I attached several pics of that wonderful day.
    My plate reflects my Italian nick name and my last name. Same as my chat name, peppydee ("peppy" for Peppino, and "dee" for a variation of the first letter in my last name, Dolgetta, but had to go with just 1 E since I could only get a total of 7 letters on the plate). My wife and I will be back in Athlone this summer as my daughter and husband are expecting their first child (and are first grandchild) in June. An Irish grandchild.....Just gotta love it!!! Can't wait to get that baby into the Mondy. BTW, I just redyed the boot for the convertible (tan). Looks brand new!! It was 70 degrees in Atlanta today. Top was down on the way to soccer practice for our 12 and 13 year olds. Absolutely perfect!!
    I'll get the pics of the interior soon.
    Joe D.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. jonathan.mccall

jonathan.mccall Karting

Jan 25, 2008
    N.Ireland
    Full Name:
    Johnny Mccall
    yeah looking forward to seeing the interior! il show you some pics of mine once I've finish, only have the front seats to put back in.
    Just waiting for better weather its freezing over here -5 c at nights last week 7 c this week.
    I'm fitting alloy pedals, think it will be much easier with drivers seat still out, that's my excuse anyways!!!
    My dash turned out fine was going to give it a 3rd coat but didn't just in case it wasn't as good, I'm starting to get wise in my old age at last ha ha.
    Loved the photos everyone looked as if they were having a great time. Your car looks in fine shape!
    Cool plate by the way!!
    Good luck Johnny

15. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Beautiful car - congrats on one year! Looking forward to interior photos!